Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Knower
I meditate in bed often. I wake up very early in the morning and this is often the best time to do certain kinds of meditation especially a chakra meditation with sound. Certain sounds are connected to the chakras and this meditation is said to be best done as early as possible. There's no reason why you have to get out of bed to do it. I find meditation in bed to be very successful. I sometimes meditate with my mentor during the day.
Old 29-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
Thank you FairyCrystal. So many times I try to ask questions while in bed, and can't feel anything, so I learned I had to sit up to get any answers. Your explanation makes sense!
You're welcome!

OT -
I happened to come across an Abraham Hicks clip where a guy said he always fell asleep and if that was okay.
Abe saying it is okay as your mind quiets which is good. But... when you meditate and are/stay awake you tune into the higher energies of the meditation which is what you do NOT have when you fall asleep.

Based on that, maybe it also depends on what you want to achieve and what you consider to be meditating.
When I meditate I want to tune in to higher energies and beings. I usually do guided meditations that for instance take you to Hollow Earth, the Crystal City, Commander Ashtar, the Arcturians, meet Lord Voosloo in the inner circle of Stone Henge and so on.
None of this will work when you get into Delta and fall asleep so it'd be a waste of time.

Now if you want to quiet your mind and fall asleep peacefully... another thing.

And yet another if you wish to change the programming in the subconscious for which the Theta state is very handy. This you enter for a very short period in between being awake but calm (Alpha) and falling asleep (Delta).
It happens before you fall asleep and after you wake up, for a brief period.
So during that Theta period you can more easily enter the subconscious to change for instance limiting beliefs.
But... once asleep or fully awake you've left Theta.

But when meditating you're not wanting to change limiting beliefs, nor fall asleep peacefully. You want to connect with higher beings or energies for some purpose.
Old 30-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
No juicy nothing can happen if you meditate then. It won't bring you anything.

What juicy things do you mean can happen?

I meditate while lying down on the bed and listening to brainwave audios, including Theta waves. Do you think these are effective in helping to reach deeper brain frequencies?

Thanks
Old 30-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasuretapping
What juicy things do you mean can happen?

I meditate while lying down on the bed and listening to brainwave audios, including Theta waves. Do you think these are effective in helping to reach deeper brain frequencies?

Thanks
I think you may find my answers to that in my posting above yours?

I also sometimes listen to brainwave audio, I don't consider that meditating.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:15 AM
Newbie ;)

When I meditate I tend to start out by focusing on my breathing. This works at first and has a calming effect, but soon I seem to hit a wall and my breathing gets harder to control. The more I try to relax my breathing and control it the more likely I am to experience shortness of breath and an uncomfortable feeling in my diaphragm. Maybe I'm doing it wrong ...???
Old 11-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalFloater
When I meditate I tend to start out by focusing on my breathing. This works at first and has a calming effect, but soon I seem to hit a wall and my breathing gets harder to control. The more I try to relax my breathing and control it the more likely I am to experience shortness of breath and an uncomfortable feeling in my diaphragm. Maybe I'm doing it wrong ...???
I approach it more in terms of allowing my body to breathe rather than attempting to control my breath, when I attempt to control my breathing I only seem to create more inner tension. My attention wanders often, naturally, but I just keep bringing it back to the body, without forcing my breath in any way.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I approach it more in terms of allowing my body to breathe rather than attempting to control my breath, when I attempt to control my breathing I only seem to create more inner tension. My attention wanders often, naturally, but I just keep bringing it back to the body, without forcing my breath in any way.

I know there are many different types of meditation, but would this particular one be called mindfulness meditation? I am not sure it's the right one for me, honestly. My mind wanders too. Have you tried any other kinds of meditation?
Old 11-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalFloater
I know there are many different types of meditation, but would this particular one be called mindfulness meditation? I am not sure it's the right one for me, honestly. My mind wanders too. Have you tried any other kinds of meditation?
Maybe it could be classed as mindfulness meditation, but I think of it more as simply the practice of non-resistance, letting go of control and allowing everything to be as it is; in this state of non-resistance, what had previously been suppressed is allowed to arise and gradually release, and one's natural state can gradually be revealed.

I've tried different kinds of meditation, yeah - eg breath meditation, mantra meditation - but this is the approach that's been the most effective for me personally (that's not to say that it'll necessarily be the best approach for everyone, of course, we've each got to find out what works best for us).
Old 11-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditation doesn't mean anything specific meditation is as many as there are ideas. Meditative-ness is a quality everything can have it's not something you can 'do.' I have felt deep meditative sensation after extreme rage, falling asleep, drinking alcohol. All those happened to me accidentally you just have to make a good environment within yourself to allow 'magical moments' ...
Old 11-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Knower

Bingo! I like what you said, and its the right approach.

control or 'doing' is the opposite of meditating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santson
Meditation doesn't mean anything specific meditation is as many as there are ideas. Meditative-ness is a quality everything can have it's not something you can 'do.' I have felt deep meditative sensation after extreme rage, falling asleep, drinking alcohol. All those happened to me accidentally you just have to make a good environment within yourself to allow 'magical moments' ...