Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Is it Dangerous to Open my 3rd Eye?

Namaste,

I am looking to increase my psychic abilities and intuition to connect more with higher realms and myself. I am 21 and I love meditation, yoga, and mindfulness but I'm looking to advance in my spirituality more.. feel lighter & more connected to the deeper world around us.

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole
Old 03-04-2020, 03:49 PM
Seeker

While it isn't dangerous I would suggest that it would be better to attend either 1 to 1 or group sessions with experienced mediums. My reasoning for this is that they would be on hand to guide you through opening, protection during mediumship then closing afterwards.
To do this alone you would find it difficult to differentiate between your imagination / feelings and something more positive, an experienced medium will have the knowledge to make you more aware.
Over my years of development as a medium and healer I have attended SNU spiritual church open circles and closed circles within peoples homes, each time with more experienced mediums and found it invaluable. For the early years I had doubts about what I received, was it spirit, telepathy or an over zealous imagination. I am now certain that it is spirit as things have happened which gave me proof.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Master
This is the first time i hear that a medium can open and close the third eye of someone else.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecherielukas
Namaste,

I am looking to increase my psychic abilities and intuition to connect more with higher realms and myself. I am 21 and I love meditation, yoga, and mindfulness but I'm looking to advance in my spirituality more.. feel lighter & more connected to the deeper world around us.

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole

Why do you want to open your 3rd eye?

Have you done much studying about the Chakras?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 03-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
This is the first time i hear that a medium can open and close the third eye of someone else.

I didn't suggest one could, please read again. I suggested that with knowledgeable assistance the original poster might find it easier.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Master
Not really dangerous, but it can create problems if your basis isn't developed and in most that isn't. It's best to first learn to ground and shield and work on and with the first 3 chakras before one attempts to get to the higher ones.
In many cases it won't really work either without the solid foundation of the first 3 while if you naturally go through the process of growth and development it will come by itself. You can of course speed up that process by actively working on the chakras.

For all this the saying 'as above so below' is valid too. You can only go as high as you go deep.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:39 PM
Master
No one should work at first place with the base chakra,cause it might cause kundalini release.This is the last thing a newbie would want to experience.
On the other hand,the guardian angel will not allow for such thing to happen.

Those who say that they work with the lower ones,without having kundalini activation,they never worked succesfuly with any chakra at all.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxuk
I didn't suggest one could, please read again. I suggested that with knowledgeable assistance the original poster might find it easier.
Ok.sorry.
Even if i dissagree with your claim,your opinion is well respected.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolecherielukas
Namaste,

Thank you so much,
Blessings,

Nicole

Why do you think your 3rd eye is closed? Anyway, I suppose having it open is dangerous only if you end up believing in everything you see with it, which is similar to the case with your first two eyes. I suppose in a certain sense, you could say that all three eyes are really looking at the same thing, it is just that the 3rd eye sees further, and perceives more. If there is danger in the 3rd eye, it probably lies in what it perceives, what it believes it to be, and whether and how it acts upon it. Of course, that is also where the wonder in it lies as well.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Master
Hi Nicole,

Working with the 3rd eye is not dangerous. It is almost essential to have daily practices involving it at this time.

I mentioned Sahaja yoga in another reply. The principal with those exercises is to harmonize all the chakra energies with a focus on elevating the 3rd eye. You want pull up energy from mother earth, bring it to a place through your other chakras where you can draw down energies from father sky and direct them into yout 3rd eye. These are ancient practices used by masters since the beginning of time on this planet.

I guess if a person does 3rd eye work haphazardly it can disrupt the desired goal. I would not know about that personally however I have observed some very unbalanced people doing direct 3rd eye exercises. The idea that being open to greater awareness can be dangerous is a common concern. That is because most of us have never learnd to distinguish bad advice from good advice. So yes if you are a slave minded person who will obey any advice you receive then it can be called dangerous.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/