Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have long been of the opinion that we have no idea of what we are talking about when we expound and expand our utterances. All those hooks we grab when thinking about life, when talking about beliefs, when attempting to promise ourselves all sorts of futures, when discussing those things which we have pictured in our heads, when drawing conclusions from history whether religious or secular - all lead to confusion.

This confusion is created by our assumptions that we know certain things about 'life' and the many forms it takes. We back these beliefs up (whatever they may be) by giving things names such as 'soul' truth' 'spirit' 'love' 'God' and all the rest while having nothing to go on other than that which we believe 'could be'.

The Archbishop of Canterbury knows no more about the world in which we live as does a rice planter in Vietnam. All these 'things' that we know depend simply upon our own suggestions and how they fit into the lives we
experience daily. Those experiences we have which we see as being important in our lives can often be fitted into the concepts we've been developing since the moment of our birth. If we cannot fit them into the picture we have built then we refute them and so ignore any feedback they may give.

We all interpret reality in such a way that it fits in with our concepts.
8 Billion individual persons on this planet and each one's concept is valid.

There is no 'truth', that is separate from us, everything is true.
Pretty much agree. You just didn't draw a conclusion. So, what now?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-06-2020, 06:52 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There are some interesting commentaries on that GoT Saying #114:
http://www.earlychristianwritings.co...thomas114.html

As everything else in the gospels, this is an allegory. It shouldn't be taken at face value.
There are. One never knows whether one is being an apologist for something that should not be apologized for, or actually looking beyond the words for the true hidden meaning. The link has some good interpretations, who knows, maybe that is what it means, maybe not. In any case, I like my theory the best as it gives me the best chuckle.
Old 18-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
There are. One never knows whether one is being an apologist for something that should not be apologized for, or actually looking beyond the words for the true hidden meaning. The link has some good interpretations, who knows, maybe that is what it means, maybe not. In any case, I like my theory the best as it gives me the best chuckle.
So, you're somewhat politically incorrect about the "young pimple covered" persons ... (their lives ...)

I vote for the symbolic message that to graduate this school you have to become the master of your (domain of) emotions. (a chuckle to Seinfeld's)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-06-2020, 06:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Pretty much agree. You just didn't draw a conclusion. So, what now?

Drawing a conclusion is an impossible task. Everything that we accept as being of fundamental importance and meaning would have to be left behind. We need to start again and need a new stepping stone to withstand the force of jumping off into an unknown world.

I would suggest as a beginning that we consider, very seriously, the possibility that the human mind has extraordinary powers. These powers have nothing to do with any sort of religious beliefs of any kind but are connected in some way with a universal mind that exists as a collective intelligence depending upon the experiences gained by the constant reflections of all kinds of feedback from all activities in the universe. Personally I am slowly of the opinion that even inorganic matter takes part in these mind processes.
We (science probably) needs to take a closer look at the paranormal world.
There appear to be forces at work which we absolutely ignore and cannot put them into any drawer or put any label on them.
To keep things short we are living in a world built on wrong assumptions and fables.

I'm not alone here - any scientist will tell you 'we know nothing'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu7v7nWzfo

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.

Last edited by Busby : 19-06-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old 19-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Master
So what has the Game Of Thrones (GoT) got to do with this thread???

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-06-2020, 12:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So what has the Game Of Thrones (GoT) got to do with this thread???
Actually, the Game of Thrones has very much to do with the question of this thread.