Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 01-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Newbie ;)

The Lubbock Lights (1951)

One night in 1951, a group of Texas Tech professors saw a strange group of lights racing over Lubbock, Texas. The sighting was reported to authorities, and the local Air Force denied that any planes were flying that night. 18-year old Carl Hart Jr. took five photographs of the fast-moving objects, which became known as the Lubbock Lights.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Seeker

That's very interesting especially with it being professors seeing them. I wonder if anymore showed up there over the years?
Old 10-03-2020, 03:10 AM
Master
I know exacy what you refer to......yes ...tbey have been seen around Lubbock but are renowed in the area of Marfa Texas (google marfa lights)

Science has know what they are for years......they are called earth lights and are a high energy event generated by the earth magnetic field where lines of magetic force cross tectonically active fault lines....

Ive seens them for yearz out there on antelope hunting trips

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Master
Often if you can see over a great distance the curve of the earth can play tricks on your eyes. If the atmosphere is just right light can literally bend. I see it almost daily looking out to lake Michigan. In winter it happens most often. One time my wife and I were looking out to lake Michigan on a calm clear night we thought we were watching a ship with its lights on in far distance. But for a long time it didn't move like they typically do. We watched the light for over 15 min. The we realized it was the moon rising. Because of the curve of the earth the water was refecting the moon light before it came over our visual horizon. Because of the curve of the earth people standing on ground can only see the actual ground 10 miles ahead if given a unobstructed view. Lake Michigan is 98 miles from one shore to the other.https://www.eoas.ubc.ca/courses/atsc...cal-phenomena/ this is the type I see most often https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)
Old 10-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Master
Come to Texas and go to certain areas...mostly desert areas and you can literally watch these every night!!!

The Texas highway Dept actually has a road side viewing station in a place of known activity near Marfa Texas....here's footage shot from the highway viewing station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FridXUHwYw

As I said earlier......scientists figured these out decades ago.....its a high energy ball of plasma generated by tectonic action and the earths magnetic field in various places around the globe ( you probably would not want to get close to one!).....but far west Texas is renowned for seeing this phenomenon

For more info Google "earth lights"

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-03-2020, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Come to Texas and go to certain areas...mostly desert areas and you can literally watch these every night!!!

The Texas highway Dept actually has a road side viewing station in a place of known activity near Marfa Texas....here's footage shot from the highway viewing station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FridXUHwYw

As I said earlier......scientists figured these out decades ago.....its a high energy ball of plasma generated by tectonic action and the earths magnetic field in various places around the globe ( you probably would not want to get close to one!).....but far west Texas is renowned for seeing this phenomenon

For more info Google "earth lights"
the lights would be interesting to see. Still a little skeptical. If you go 5 or 6 miles out on lake Michigan and look towards the shore you see a similar affect. I totally understand the magnetic field there's places around here where you can really feel it. As I think of it there's a small county Park called Fisher Creek not far from where I live where that kind of energy is strong. It's in the middle of nowhere on a cliff over looking the lake. I spent quite a few summer nights there with my wife. (Romantic view) we've both seen strange lights coming out of the woods. Phones never work there eather. If you go to the road the phone works fine. Hhhmmm. Could be something to it after all. After some thinking.