Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Taking stabs in the dark about what's really troubling Brucely isn't going to help him any.

Until and unless Brucely spells it out a lot better, we're just wasting time.

Actually his question is fairly general. He wants to know if another person can knowingly or unknowingly undermine his hopes, dreams, and opportunities.

Doesn't really seem necessary to know exactly what those dreams are, nor exactly what the other person says or does that might sabotage them.
Old 29-10-2017, 04:21 AM
Master
But this is a very personal relationship - one's dad and self is it not?
Why the general questions from the op, and heavily alluding to some emotional disconnect and dissatisfaction over it? I feel uneasy responding to someone who's straddling the line between general and specific.

My answer of only if you let them, is a generally good response and is a key component to 'solving' the general dilemma the op is pointing to.

Old 30-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Its not about the relationship. Im asking if someone close to you could unwittingly ruin your chances at oppurtunities because it goes against what they want?
It's always the relationship, but then I guess we have different definitions.

You're the only one who can unwittingly ruin your chances of opportunities, they're already ruined if you move forward with that mindset. If you are empowered what they want will have no affect on you, it only has an effect if you allow it. If you can find the strength to overcome their effect on your perceptions - which is what this is all about - then they have no power over you. You give them that power over you, they don't have it unless you relinquish it and if you're asking this question then you're already in trouble.

Find the strength to Live your Life on your terms, that only comes from within you.
Old 30-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Guide
Thank you all, i guess im too open to energies
Old 30-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Its not about the relationship. Im asking if someone close to you could unwittingly ruin your chances at oppurtunities because it goes against what they want?

The simple answer to this question is yes of course they can! There are examples throughout history of parents sabotaging their children.

Brucely - you are clearly at a point in your life where you are asking questions about the closest relationships, which is a good thing!

If you can have a relationship with your father or not is really up to you at the end of the day, no one here's opinion on that is worth anything. They haven't been there or lived your life.

You already know the answer to your question ;-)
Old 31-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you all, i guess im too open to energies
They're your perceptions, and when you begin to understand that it'll begin to fall into place.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Knower
Quote:

When I read that I wonder if you're struggling with duty to dad verses claiming /owning your chances/opportunities.

What does what your father wants have to do with any of your chances/opportunities?

If they're your chances/opportunities - who is responsible for them?

How could what your dad wants be related in any way? Unless you're making it related by association. "Well, he's my dad and he doesn't want that (even though it's my life) so yada yada..." So what. So your chances/opportunities are going against what he wants. AND? Too bad, Dad. This is my life. You're my dad, but this is MY life. And I'm not going to let you combine them. Dad. My life. Two separate things. You're in my life Dad, but you're not my life. Still love ya just as much.

Something for you both to think about...

Unless I'm wrong about the whole thing. In that case - never mind.

:)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Master
Is my dad sabotaging me?

Quote:
My dad hounds me every chance he gets to do something revolving around his life, that i have no want or intention to do because i would have to drop everything and practically give up my life to meet his satisfaction.
Im trying to occupy myself with my own life and avoid him.
My question is, could he be sabotaging my life (through intent, manifestation, etc) to get what he wants? Do i need to just completly cut him out of my life?

Its sorta like if you and a friend wanted the same thing. Could they ruin your chance using their thoughts or the universe wheather intentional or not just so they can have it rather than you?

Brucely,

You may find it ironic to read this, but consider that your Dad is the answer to this question: What would I have to do to be absolutely clear to myself about my own intentions for my own life?

In other words, what you have described as sabotage from a source outside yourself (i.e. your Dad) may be exactly the resistance you need to strengthen your own intentions to such a point that you can never be deterred from your goals no matter what the obstacles seem to be.

Consider your Dad's influence as the gritty, annoying grain of "sand" that an oyster uses to produce the "pearl" of experience needed to overcome ANY obstacle. Do you see?

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Seen this way, maybe you should be thanking your Dad for his "negative" help toward strengthening your resolve (after you've actually achieved it to your satisfaction, right?) (smile)

Hope this, and the reference, below helps you find the "Pearl of Great Price" within: Immutable Self-knowledge.

Make the world your "oyster" !!

Reference: http://www.newthoughtlibrary.com/hol...thersThought56 Fear of Another's Thought
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 05-11-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
My dad hounds me every chance he gets to do something revolving around his life, that i have no want or intention to do because i would have to drop everything and practically give up my life to meet his satisfaction.
Im trying to occupy myself with my own life and avoid him.
My question is, could he be sabotaging my life (through intent, manifestation, etc) to get what he wants? Do i need to just completly cut him out of my life?

Its sorta like if you and a friend wanted the same thing. Could they ruin your chance using their thoughts or the universe wheather intentional or not just so they can have it rather than you?

It most certainly could be possible. I found out my mother was sabotaging mine, so it's definitely possible. And I was the kind of person who would've believed that most parents want their kids to succeed, not fail.

Unfortunately some people, mentally-ill, substance-addicted, or personality-disordered people, just to name a few, are more benefitted by holding their kids back so they have someone to control and drag into bottomless dysfunction with them.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatitudePluto
It most certainly could be possible. I found out my mother was sabotaging mine, so it's definitely possible. And I was the kind of person who would've believed that most parents want their kids to succeed, not fail.

Unfortunately some people, mentally-ill, substance-addicted, or personality-disordered people, just to name a few, are more benefitted by holding their kids back so they have someone to control and drag into bottomless dysfunction with them.

Sad thing is most people who do have an issue dont even realize it