Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-06-2012, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Not translating for Top, but it seems to me he's saying... you get what You focus on.

Xan

Could be. I was just commenting on how I felt when I read it as I perceived it. It's all good.

How are you Xan?

Peace James
Old 22-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Master
I'm very well, thank you... enjoying my new baby granddaughter, 7 weeks old. I know you know the feeling.

How's things with you these days?

Xan

Old 22-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hello James. Gota hug for me? I hope you post some pics of your garden and other stuff - like you - soon! You're welcome to put them in my thread if you want.

I'll try to get some pix soon.........my bamboo garden is taking off and my greenhouse is teaching me that I can control nature...to some degree.....lol
Pix of me? just look at any old man and you will get an idea.
Somewhat related, I just passed a physical test that was required to get into law enforcement and I trained for 3 months for it. I got to a point where I could meet the requirements that a 21 year old had to meet. Well on the day of the test, I had to run 300 meters with 2 20 something year olds and when that gun went off...so did they! I looked like an horse lagging behind by some 15 seconds. I still beat their required time but so did they! LOL Felt really old that day...LOL
Here's that hug......
Old 22-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm very well, thank you... enjoying my new baby granddaughter... 7 weeks old. I know you know the feeling.

Xan

That's awesome Xan! Congrats, I'm sure you will be an awesome grandmother. My grandson, as much as we spend time together will always run to my wife when he gets hurt or something like that. Grandmothers have a special place.
We have a granddaughter coming any day now as well!
I'm doing very well....thank you.
Old 22-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I'll try to get some pix soon.........my bamboo garden is taking off and my greenhouse is teaching me that I can control nature...to some degree.....lol
Somewhat related, I just passed a physical test that was required to get into law enforcement and I trained for 3 months for it. I got to a point where I could meet the requirements that a 21 year old had to meet. Well on the day of the test, I had to run 300 meters with 2 20 something year olds and when that gun went off...so did they! I looked like an horse lagging behind by some 15 seconds. I still beat their required time but so did they! LOL Felt really old that day...LOL
Here's that hug......

That all sounds great! I'll go look at some old men now...I'm on my way.

Old 22-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That all sounds great! I'll go look at some old men now...I'm on my way.

Ha!
Old 22-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm very well, thank you... enjoying my new baby granddaughter, 7 weeks old. I know you know the feeling.

Xan
Congratulations Xan.
Old 22-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Here's that hug......
Congratulations WS!
Old 22-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Congratulations WS!

Thanks Humm! I'm off to bed........your post time was 10:10 and that is very significant to me. It means it's late and I gotta get to sleep!..lol

I trust all is well with you and yours........good to hear from you.

Peace, James
Old 22-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Master

Hi sound,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
... I don’t see you or anyone else as less human just because you choose not to share certain aspects of your life experience with me … why are you making an assumption about me, based on a cliché you have asked me not to use?

Sorry, not a comment on you, meant more as a question for exploration in view of your request. I just wanted to eliminate approaching the question along the lines I feel represent the 'easy way' and did not want to go there. Was prompting a personal exploration if you felt there was a specific reason that such a request would be important to you. But you have now addressed it.

Quote:
If we ignore the ‘vulnerability’ question that I asked you for the minute, I don’t consider that I have a peculiar preference for vulnerability … I find your use of the word preference quite peculiar, in relation to what I have expressed in current discussions, which is simply that we be mindful of the potential vulnerability of people who frequent the community.

Preference in the sense that it is the specific quality or condition you identified as being lacking and requested an 'increase'. I was just wondering why it was important to create any increase in vulnerability? Why at that moment? Don't forget, that interchange was sparked by an issue, the specifics of which we don't need to get into now - but that was the context. In view of that context and your response via the 'vulnerable' comment, I just wanted more clarification on why such a request was made on the heels of me explicitly pointing out what I thought was a glaring inconsistency in one member's rhetoric vs their actual behavior. I guess you somehow took exception to it, and the request followed. I was only wondering why the 2 seemed to be somehow related in your view.

Quote:
I don’t consider that all of my contributions here at SF have amounted to, in your words 'satisfying, small minded bickering'… but you almost have me believing that is how I am perceived by most others, such is my conditioning … my beautiful mother taught me never to wear out my welcome, and her words have been ringing loud and clear in my head since I first read your ‘assessment’ of my time here, the other day ...

Again, apologies. That was not meant to insinuate that your participation is characterized by "small minded bickering", etc. I was attempting to identify or define what you meant by 'sticking around' with a hypothetical 'for-instance', since obviously being a member for 18 months had been implicitly disqualified. I was inferring that perhaps you considered the 'daily banter' the more 'legitimate' participation (vs more intermittent posting) - with an oblique reference to my own feeling about the poor quality of some of the ongoing discussions.

As you have now remarked, and I agree, it seems reasonable that people have different needs, intentions, and practical real-life considerations which determine when and how often they post. Not to mention what and how people post, which ends up in many forums being a significant proportion of discussion beyond the ostensible subject - it often becomes the subject itself.

~ J