Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Is this a symbol for anything?

Does anyone know if a circle with a bird inside is a symbol for anything in particular? Thanks
Old 20-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Does anyone know if a circle with a bird inside is a symbol for anything in particular? Thanks

The Hunger Games?
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 20-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Topology

https://www.google.com/search?q=unit...w=1538&bih=815

The Unity Church Logo
Old 21-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Oh brilliant thanks - the above is almost exactly what I saw in a vision!

Not sure what Hunger Games are I'm afraid - not sure if you're joking or not but I will have a look!
Old 21-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Ascender
It makes me think about the Hunger games also. It's the symbol on each of the three books.(the hunger games are a serie of three book,and the first movie just come out ). But I don't think that it was what it signify for you.
In the hunger game series this symbol represent the mockinjays
''Mockingjays are the result of the genetically created Capitol jabberjays mating with female mockingbirds and creating a unique species. After the emergence of mockingjays, their jabberjay progenitors became "as rare and tough as rocks," as Katniss stated in Catching Fire. Mockingjays lost the jabberjay's ability to enunciate words, but can copy perfectly, down to the last note, any human tune. If a singer with a voice the mockingjays respect sings, they will fall silent. Katniss, Peeta, and Peeta's father note this throughout the series. Katniss, her father, and Rue are singers that have caused mockingjays to fall silent as mentioned in Mockingjay and The Hunger Games. District 11 is known to have an especially large mockingjay population, as confirmed by District 11 tribute Rue.

Mockingjays acquire a symbolism throughout Panem following the 74th Hunger Games. In the Capitol the pin stands for a very exciting Hunger Games. For the rebels it is a symbol of rebellion. At the beginning of The Hunger Games, Katniss was given a mockingjay pin by Madge Undersee, the daughter of District 12's mayor. She recognized the bird not immediately but while she was waiting for guests to say their final goodbyes before the opening of the Games, and said that it was a huge "slap in the face" to the Capitol, because mockingjays were never intended to exist. Katniss wears the pin as her token in the Games, and by Catching Fire it becomes a symbol of rebellion. In Mockingjay, Katniss becomes the titular character, a person who speaks to the districts for the rebels, and she wears a mockingjay-inspired costume and the pin.'' ( from wikipedia)

But well I don't think it's what you are searching here,but I don't know it can maybe help :)

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 21-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Ascender
Im refusing to watch the hunger games, since they claim it had never been done before. Unfortunately for them Ive seen the japanese import "Battle Royale" (you have to have a DVD player that will play movies from other regions). It was first and IMO could never be topped.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the info about Hunger Games. I have to admit, I've never heard of them! I don't think they have any relevance to my symbol but sounds interesting. I might have to watch the movie at some point - I quite like sci/fi apocalypse stuff.
Old 21-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Experiencer
I actually meant the Hunger Games as a joke. The Mockingjay pin was simply the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned a bird in a circle, and I doubt it has any spiritual meaning regarding your vision - unless you're simply picking it up as part of the psychic cultural zeitgeist.

But yes, it would be a symbol of individual freedom and rebellion against oppression.

The Unity symbol seems like a better fit. Unless the bird had an arrow in it's mouth.

P.S. And yes, although marketed as "young adult" literature, the Hunger Games series is a pretty good read, if a bit dark toward the end.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 22-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Enlightener

Eternal Peace?

The circle symbolizes the never-ending aspects of creation.

The bird, whether being a dove or a pheonix/eagle depends. Dove is Peace. Phoenix/Eagle is Re-birth/Might.

I like the eternal peace thing, I think that's cool :)
Old 22-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks everyone for the input. Rev Keith I did wonder if you were joking! This particular bird certainly didn't have an arrow in its mouth

Enlightener I think eternal peace is near enough as well. I saw a vision of a bird inside a circle upon waking the other day. The bird was small, silver and flying around the circle. It was very beautiful and just wondered what it was.