Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-03-2018, 01:33 AM
Master
The essential difference.

Here is how spirituality settles itself into two distinct camps.

On the one hand you have those people who live the life of I AM. To them God and the "I" are essentially the same being. To them God lies within and is ones very own self. So much so that the statement "I Am God" is truth.

On the other hand you have those people who live the life of "God is". To them God is not definable as I AM. He is greater than that. He is greater than any inner "I" or inner self. God lies above and beyond what we generally accept as reality. The statement "I Am God" is not true to these people.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Master

There are other camps too.
Old 13-03-2018, 05:07 AM
Master
I am god also
Old 13-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There are other camps too.

There are bound to be numerous subdivisions and alternatives. But essentially what I say above seems to apply to the large majority of spiritual people.

Old 13-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Master
It is possible that those who cannot accept that they are God are in fact fighting with self-hatred within themselves. Much like how I feel myself. I feel I cannot accept myself enough to be God. It's tearing me apart.

Old 13-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is possible that those who cannot accept that they are God are in fact fighting with self-hatred within themselves. Much like how I feel myself. I feel I cannot accept myself enough to be God. It's tearing me apart.

You seem to be obsessed trying to force yourself to feel you are God, why not just be who you are and when the time is right it will all come together instead of torturing yourself.
Old 13-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You seem to be obsessed trying to force yourself to feel you are God, why not just be who you are and when the time is right it will all come together instead of torturing yourself.

I don't know why but that just does not seem like helpful advice.

Old 13-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Pathfinder
I think you have pick up a modern beliefs, where they claim ''we are god.'' No, you are not GOD, in my opinion are such claims ridiculous, that produce alot of tension and frustration in people. Afterall, if someone really think he or she is a GOD, where are the superpowers? I didn't see anyone walk on water,...Claim like we are ''GOD'' often create tensions in people because whenever they are sad, cry, angry, fail,...they feel as a complete disaster, afterall how can GOD fail, be disappointed, feel week,...those are actually all properties to be a human. If someone deny them, trying to suppress them,..it creates a lot of tension in a person and a feeling of a complete failure. Children of God is I think healthier attitude towards yourself and all creation. Don't worry, don't need feel like a GOD, you are perfect as you are with all your nonperfections
Old 13-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
I think you have pick up a modern beliefs, where they claim ''we are god.'' No, you are not GOD, in my opinion are such claims ridiculous, that produce alot of tension and frustration in people. Afterall, if someone really think he or she is a GOD, where are the superpowers? I didn't see anyone walk on water,...Claim like we are ''GOD'' often create tensions in people because whenever they are sad, cry, angry, fail,...they feel as a complete disaster, afterall how can GOD fail, be disappointed, feel week,...those are actually all properties to be a human. If someone deny them, trying to suppress them,..it creates a lot of tension in a person and a feeling of a complete failure. Children of God is I think healthier attitude towards yourself and all creation. Don't worry, don't need feel like a GOD, you are perfect as you are with all your nonperfections

' in my opinion are such claims ridiculous'

Why do you think they are ridiculous?
Old 14-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Pathfinder
First of all, I would like to apologize, as far I offended your or someone else belief(s). It was not my intention. I am speaking in my personal opinions and in no way I claim to know the whole true, but certain things just don't make sense to me and does not resonate with me as the claim ''I'M GOD.'' I don't see much of things that would support this. Some of them I have already mention. It arise also a question, why I'm here? The entire life would be meaningless. If I or you, is GOD, then some of us created all this because you or me was bored. Not only this assume that GOD gets bored, if GOD gets bored, he get sad, happy,angry,..also. Since I have a goddess (Guan Yin) she never gets bored, nor angry, frustrated,..or whatever with me. Such qualities are human qualities not GOD ''properties,'' if we consider GOD as the all powerful, all knowing,..

Even if other beings in the existence which help us on the way, to get wiser and more compassionate,..as boddishatvas, angels (I think different names for the same thing),...would get bored with us - I mean gosh

While in the east gives in some philosophies the notion that we are GOD, ironically in the western religions we are nothing, poor me who is in entire mercy of GOD. So exact the opposite. I think the truth is lying in the middle. We obviously have no GOD(s) powers, frankly we have already problems to quite our minds let alone have a GOD mind, nor we are totally poor or powerless either. We have a lot of autonomy, we have this free will and we can choose. We can choose many things. If we pray to GOD, if we meditate,... we can even choose to follow this inner know how which we get, or ignore it,..

And as already mentioned, on the end it creates big tensions in people, to be perfect, not to accept themselves who they already are, which is a recipe that they will never be happy, never accept oneself,..I could find many things, but I think it's easy to find them.