Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Burntfruit

Planning on going veggie (again).

I don't really want to label myself.

But, yeah I am thinking of transitioning to veggie, with an eventual goal of whole foods vegan (but flexible).

I went vegan from omin jan and feb this year (lost 5 kg), but it fell apart. My gut was playing up bad, and in the end i quit, and my gut is normal again.

So I have specced out a veggie grocery order. I am going to take it slow, so my body can adjust.

I want to remain flexible so I can be more comfortable when I am out of the house.

I am doing it for health and spiritual reasons.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Seeker

I am trying to be vegetarian again. It's not the easiest thing for me. I wish you well. I'm doing it for similar reasons. I'm hoping to clear my pineal gland by cutting out flouride too.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eris
I am trying to be vegetarian again. It's not the easiest thing for me. I wish you well. I'm doing it for similar reasons. I'm hoping to clear my pineal gland by cutting out flouride too.
Good luck to you.

I have had several attempts in the past, but will keep trying!
Old 06-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Knower

When you last tried to go veggie, what was your diet like? Many veggie substitutes (like soy) are also common allergens. Before you go veggie, maybe you should try a Low FODMAP diet to see exactly what triggers your gastrointestinal issues.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth
When you last tried to go veggie, what was your diet like? Many veggie substitutes (like soy) are also common allergens. Before you go veggie, maybe you should try a Low FODMAP diet to see exactly what triggers your gastrointestinal issues.
I think I just shocked my body. I went from a poor high fat diet, to one dense in carbs and fibre, and my gut could not handle it.

I think if I take it slow, and adjust gradually it will be okay.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Master

Did you know that the body is a remarkable thing; one that can do the most astonishing things if you just have faith in it. Might I suggest that maybe the shock was on the mental plane rather than the physical, that you were not ready for the transition, thus the body acted out. So unless you are in balance with this choice, just make it an easy transition where you are allowed to go a bit back and forth, until you are there where you no longer are attracted by anything but a veggie diet. Often when we soften and allow ourselves the freedom to "fail", then we are more capable of being present where we desire to be.

Just a thought.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Did you know that the body is a remarkable thing; one that can do the most astonishing things if you just have faith in it. Might I suggest that maybe the shock was on the mental plane rather than the physical, that you were not ready for the transition, thus the body acted out. So unless you are in balance with this choice, just make it an easy transition where you are allowed to go a bit back and forth, until you are there where you no longer are attracted by anything but a veggie diet. Often when we soften and allow ourselves the freedom to "fail", then we are more capable of being present where we desire to be.

Just a thought.
Thanks, that makes sense to me.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Knower
I've been a vegetarian for quite some weeks now, or maybe around a month. I don't know, but anyways, I feel SO much better! Ever since that my body feels a lot healthier, lighter, and just... I guess I just feel really good. And not even once I had problems though. But maybe that's because I don't really eat red meat that much before since the first place. If you used to eat a lot of them, then maybe your body might get shocked a bit.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin

Just a thought.

I can completely feel for this approach, Melahin. Sometimes people need to do things gradually, to allow for minds to catch up with intent.
Old 19-08-2016, 02:23 AM
Experiencer
I just decided going veggie! I haven't been eating red meat for the past years anyway so I guess it won't make a big difference for me. The only problem is I am super skinny already, I can't lose any more weight.