Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 13-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Pugsley

same sex TF?

Hey all!

I see here that all of you talk about your TF and soul mates, and from what I have gathered, they are all the opposite sex than you!

Is it at all possible to have a TF of the same sex!

Not to be all gay and stuff but that's just the thing... I am gay and will find it to be a bit of a bummer if I find my TF and its a girl!
Old 13-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Animus27

TF's are simply a cultural phenomenon that are influenced by your experiences and expectations. There's no absolutes, because they are not reflective of actual reality, but simply a worldview that interprets deep, meaningful relationships, and all that jazz, as being divinely ordained/whatever.

So, short answer: no, TF's do not have to be opposite sex. Unless you think they have to be.
Old 13-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Enlightener

The only reason Twinflames are of the opposite sex is because of the divine masculine and divine feminine connection, the balance of these two forces.

I'm sorry to say but if you came across your twin they would be of the opposite sex.

The reason that they must be of a different gender than your own is simply that the connection must have a masculine and feminine polarity, or it wouldn't be twinflame.

Blessings
Old 13-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley
Hey all!

I see here that all of you talk about your TF and soul mates, and from what I have gathered, they are all the opposite sex than you!

Is it at all possible to have a TF of the same sex!

Not to be all gay and stuff but that's just the thing... I am gay and will find it to be a bit of a bummer if I find my TF and its a girl!
Well, of course your TF is a guy, imo.

Miss Hepburn

And you can be all gay and stuff...
Afterall, God's pretty gay as far as I can tell...well, "bi".

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Time

"And you can be all gay and stuff...
Afterall, God's pretty gay as far as I can tell...well, "bi"."""

FInally someone else thinks this.

The only thing is, paste that into the christanity section and see what happens LOL
Old 13-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Pathfinder
Yes it is possible to have a same sex TF.
Old 13-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Experiencer
It's true that there is a masculine and feminine aspect to the twin flame relationship. One spirit tends to be more masculine and the other more feminine (to degrees that will differ in different relationships - it's not an iron rule). But this is a concept which is easily misunderstood, because it has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of physical bodies those spirits might inhabit from one life to another. Why would it - in fact, how could it? Gender (masculine or feminine) is something entirely distinct from sex (male or female) and there are plenty of feminine men and masculine women out there who would beg to differ that you have to be male to be masculine or female to be feminine. Not to mention that there are infinite shades of personality and attributes - plenty of spirits are completely androgynous and don't fit any of the stereotypes we hold about gender roles.

My twin flame is currently my spirit guide and I have been able to discover a lot about our experiences together. In the first lifetime in which we met, my twin and I were both men. My twin was a gentle, rather feminine man while I was a more dominant personality, but certainly physically male - she has been both male and female in the lifetimes we have been together. If you are to meet your soulmate in this lifetime and you are romantically oriented to the same sex, I am sure you will find them likewise... but there is no such thing as physical sex in the spirit world from which the twin flame bond originates and whatever temporary physical appearance we currently wear is rather irrelevant to it.

There are no rules or limitations where spirit is concerned, unlike the ones we physical beings like to invent. Anything is possible. Don't worry about it.
Old 13-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Guide
I believe, and from the research I've done, Twin Flames are of the opposite sex, as male and female are the fundamental building blocks of life and the TF theory is that those are to combine when ready. I think that sexual orientation has nothing to do with it, love is much more important and where your heart directs you is where you should go.

It's a very opinionated situation, I don't think anyone is right or wrong- it's a belief thing, and what you believe is ultimately what you will attract to yourself.
Old 13-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Graelwyn

To limit a twin soul connection to the gender of the physical (transient) body does not sit right with me, personally. The connection is not about the gender of our flesh and blood, but rather, about the balance of our souls.
Old 14-05-2011, 04:56 AM
gentledove

Quote:
And you can be all gay and stuff...
Afterall, God's pretty gay as far as I can tell...well, "bi".

Ms Hepburn, you always keep me laughing!

I think maybe I'm starting to understand "twin flame" better...is it that this other is a missing part of you or something?