Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 AM
bluedragon09

Empath in Dysfunctional family

I'm 21. I think Im an empath. I get bodily sensations that indicate to me that someone's upset, and other emotions. For example, in a coffee place, I felt a sensation in my heart. I didn't suspect anyone was upset, but I later realized a girl sitting pretty close to me was crying. That specific sensation only correlates to feeling upset..not other feelings. I don't think I can actually "feel" people's feelings, like soak in what they're feeling, but rather just sense it. Anyways, I live with a dysfunctional family. My older sibling is verbally and rarely physically abusive to another family member. And I hate it. It's been happening since high school. Ive told my father about it be he doesn't do anything. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm confined in prison. I also have no outside support. I'm a socially anxious loner. I don't know if Satan is influencing this, or God, or whatever. Prayer didn't change anything. I can't describe to you how emotionally sickening this has been for me.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Master
Hi Bluedragon09 ,

I am an empath as well , in times like these we have to protect ourselves and that can be done on working on your auric field . Imagine yourself in a golden egg , paint the inside gold then the outside . Do this every day I forgot to say before doing this you have to ground your energies to the earth by imagining strong tree trunk roots going from your feet into the ground .

Ask that only good energies may enter and leave your space x

I also Imagine myself in a shield of mirrors that works wonders :)
William Blooms book psychic protection is a brilliant book to read .

Hope that helps x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 AM
bluedragon09

Idk If I misintrepreted you but Im not soaking in anyone's energies.
And who am I asking..Angels?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Master
I know you are not soaking in anyones energies but you say you are picking up on other peoples feelings ( energy ) . Just ask the universe . x

Just by doing this exercise over a few weeks you will become empowered .

see thread http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6247

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 13-01-2011, 10:19 PM
OceanWaves19161

It's common for empaths to be placed in dysfunctional situations as they are often great healers who are able to suck up the energy of those around them. This then allows harmful energies to be cleared which people like yourself learn alot from. It might be a good idea to start to learn how to do self healing and shielding on yourself now that your finding its affecting you alot. Another way of managing your empathy is to ensure that you have good boundaries with others (this is an area you need to work on apparently) Try not to get involved with everyone who's upset, angry etc. Try to discern between who really needs you and the people they are continually creating problems for themselves.

Alana
Old 13-01-2011, 10:24 PM
OceanWaves19161

p.s empaths do generally soak up peoples energies. It's just something that happens naturally quite alot of the time. When an empaths boundaries with people are firm thats generally when the soaking up stops to a large extent. It will often continue in certain situations however...for example when an empath is around someone who many be very sick and in need of help
Old 27-01-2011, 08:19 AM
ThoughtForm

While I do not live in a dysfunctional family, I too find myself absorbing my mother's anger a lot. So whenever she gets angry I get angry as well. It's really annoying.