Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Perinelle

Unhappy Dangerous thoughts

Hi Spiritual Forums,

This is my first post and I come to you because I'm a little worried. I'm a normal person who is affected by normal problems but my feelings can be very... lets say passionate at times. I've noticed that there are some odd little coincidental things that have been occurring around me.

Within the last year and a half things have sort of been happening that I have been wishing. And I'm not happy to say but they are sort of negative wishes.

For instance the most recent thing was that my mother bought an expensive thing for herself and I was not supportive. My father is having money troubles and she is more willing to selfishly spend her money rather than help my father out with the debts that she is accruing. She told me she bought this 150 instrument (that I know she won't learn to play) and when it came in the mail I sat it down in the living room and sort of scoffed at it. And I thought to myself "She's so selfish, I can't believe she bought this stupid thing. I hope it's broken and she has to send it back." Low and behold, when she opened it it was broken.

Now, I know that could be coincidental but it's been happening in bigger ways. Instance number 2 is when my ex-boyfriend wanted to stay in NYC even though the lifestyle there was pushing him into alcoholism. The time came around that he was looking for a new apartment and he was ready to sign the lease for one he had found. I was telling myself and our friends that he really shouldn't stay there and I clearly remember saying, "If there is a God in heaven I hope something happens so he has to leave New York." Again, low and behold, the very day he went to go take his money out of the bank to put down on his new apartment he found that someone had stolen over 1k dollars from his bank account. He could no longer live in the apartment he was at and he was forced to leave the city and live with his parents.

He never was able to find out who stole it and he never got his money back. I told him about what I said and he laughed. He said that I made Jesus steal his money, haha. In the end he did feel it was beneficial to get out of the city, so it worked out in the end.

In any case, these thoughts I have worry me and I wonder if I feel too passionate about negative thoughts they might actually happen. Does anyone believe my negative thoughts can do this or do you think it's a coincidence? I'm hoping that someone who is well read and knows about ESP might give me some insight.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Sangress

Could be one of three things.

1. Your ill wishes might be effecting others.

2. Your intuition might be coming into play before something bad happens, and you happen to agree that those misfortunate events should happen.

3.They are interesting coincidences.

I can't offer any opinion on the subject, but I have a suggestion to make figuring out the reasons easier.

You could always deliberately encourage something positive to happen (guess you could call it well-wishing) as a test to see if the event comes to pass.

You could write down what you think will happen to someone when it comes into your mind.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Master
Welcome.

I was somewhat apprehensive until I read your whole post.
I'd say not to worry about YOUr thoughts making things come true.
Being one who orders stuff on line and from magazines, etc., I have received plenty of stuff that has had to be returned or gotten a refund for. It happens all the time.
The bank thing with the b/f, it happens all the time, too. It would be something else if you did create that, but how could one go about proving it? See, it's not worth it to think like that, because then you got the guilt trip on yourself. So, avoid thinking like that, and replace those baddy thoughts with something more positive. Like, just simply hope and pray that something distracts him from living in the city. You just got lucky twice.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Perinelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Welcome.

I was somewhat apprehensive until I read your whole post.
I'd say not to worry about YOUr thoughts making things come true.
Being one who orders stuff on line and from magazines, etc., I have received plenty of stuff that has had to be returned or gotten a refund for. It happens all the time.
The bank thing with the b/f, it happens all the time, too. It would be something else if you did create that, but how could one go about proving it? See, it's not worth it to think like that, because then you got the guilt trip on yourself. So, avoid thinking like that, and replace those baddy thoughts with something more positive. Like, just simply hope and pray that something distracts him from living in the city. You just got lucky twice.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It only happened twice so it really could just be coincidence. But I always wonder because I get so hung up on things and I spend a lot of mental energy hoping for things to work the way I want them to. I'm completely aware that this isn't good behavior. But it's all in my mind and there are no rules there. For instance I caught myself today becoming very frustrated with the workload from my Psychology professor and I was feeling so much hate and anger because she was just piling things on. And there I was just wishing for bad things to happen to her. Now I worry - what if something does happen? It's very hard to control my thoughts even if they have no effect on reality.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Perinelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Could be one of three things.

1. Your ill wishes might be effecting others.

2. Your intuition might be coming into play before something bad happens, and you happen to agree that those misfortunate events should happen.

3.They are interesting coincidences.

I can't offer any opinion on the subject, but I have a suggestion to make figuring out the reasons easier.

You could always deliberately encourage something positive to happen (guess you could call it well-wishing) as a test to see if the event comes to pass.

You could write down what you think will happen to someone when it comes into your mind.

Hope that helps.

I'm really thinking of trying that. Maybe I'll make a "good wish" book or something, I'll write things down and hope for them to pass. Then I'll look at it through out the months and see what happens. Can't hurt. :)
Old 06-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Master
It may not be for everyone, to keep tabs on stuff like that, but I believe learning to live more spontaneously, and not sticking to any one moment more than practically necessary is maybe a bit much? Like bordering on, or actually being OCD? or some relative condition?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Perinelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It may not be for everyone, to keep tabs on stuff like that, but I believe learning to live more spontaneously, and not sticking to any one moment more than practically necessary is maybe a bit much? Like bordering on, or actually being OCD? or some relative condition?

Mmm, I don't think I'm OCD. I just like to solve problems. I mean, along with worrying about things I'm usually trying to find closure by solving problems. But it's hard for me to let go of things that can't be helped, I think it's more that I am stubborn than OCD.