Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-06-2018, 05:25 AM
Master
Should I bother to care to open up?

I have had an experience of meeting someone whom I at this time consider a possible friend.

I posted a topic about this exact situation in the divination forum, but feel it may be better suited for discussion here.

I met a man through my brother whom is a friend of my brother whom occasionally stops over to see and speak with my father.

I had spoken to this individual on one such occasion he was over visiting my father. The subject of stones had come up between my father and I. My father mentioned he could not find his fossil specimen and I informed him I took it. My dad showed annoyance at this, I let him know what did he expect? And that he knows "I like things like that". So we all got into a conversation about stones and such.

I realized I enjoyed speaking with this man and enjoyed past conversations with the person and sent him a social media request. That request went by for a month unaccepted.

One day my dad knocks on my bedroom door and gives me a rose quartz saying he was supposed to give it to me. I inquired where he got it from- and he told me he got it from this man this person I speak of here.

A while ago I had posted on this social media asking my girlfriends for a recommendation on where I can get a box for storage. Like a wooden box.

My girlfriends said they would keep their eyes out- and have not yet gotten back to me on it.

I've not yet found one either.

I've looked at the local stores.

About 3 weeks ago my dad mentioned to me someone was asking in regards to whether or not I had found that box I was looking for, and my father said someone had seen my social media post and had inquired whether I still needed one, and what size?

I then asked my father whom had asked and he told me he didn't know. This I found odd. Someone speaks to you about this, and he doesn't know who? So I asked how this conversation came about, and he said text over phone, and I asked again whom was wondering, and again he told me he didn't know. So I said "Well that's odd, you have a conversation with someone over text, but you don't know who"? He said "Whatever".

So still needing a box like this I inquired again to my father about it. I asked "You said someone may have a box like one I need"? And then a day later my father was better about discussing it. He mentioned this person- that happens to be this man I speak of in this post- makes cigar boxes, and had inquired about my post, wondered if I still needed one.

So I told my father if he- the man- wanted to make me one. For my father to let him know, that yes I would like something like that.

I tried to indicate without saying exactly to my father to pay him for it.

As I don't have any of the details and I don't know if the person expects payment.

So all this talking, about me, and something I had needed- I am asked questions, told someone inquired whether I still needed a box- and am not told who? Am told "I don't know" "Whatever.

What I am wondering is are these an indication this person this man is romantically interested in me in any way?

Did I mention the rose quartz was given to me by my father whom said he was supposed to, and that he got it from this man. And that this person accepted the friend request on that particular exact day several hours after I had gotten the stone?

From what I can gather from this situation is:

1 This person is aware and does pay attention to the posts I make on social media- I am sure I do have people on it as well, whom never look.

2. It is a fact this man does speak with my father. I am sorry to say but those whom speak with my father often are not the first people I want closest to me. I always get this feeling of- too much talk.

Lastly I simply do not know what to think. Are these signs of romantic interest? Friendship?... or does it simply mean nothing at all?

But then why give a gift to begin with?

They are maybe simply a nice person?

.... or trying to be?

Personally I've been single now 3 years. The last relationship though was another get together with an ex boyfriend- an ex boyfriend second chance.

And I've been single 3 years.

I wouldn't know if a man is interested in dating. I do know when they are only interested in sex though- that I can see coming.

This- give a person a gift thing, and inquire about something they wanted, I don't know about all this. What does that mean?

I have never gotten such treatment from one of my brother's friends.

And I am confused.

And I wonder, should I bother to care to open up?

Thank you all for listening to me vent/ ramble.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Master
how can we ever know if someone is "interested"?
they might be, and then change their mind later on.
you DO know that you have an interest however, so why not work
from that premise and see how far you can develop the situation?
what you've described doesn't seem to fit the "open up" category,
since he's not exactly knocking on your door.
if it's your own heart that's knocking, trying to get your attention,
then i figure it'd be wise to answer that call... the heart provides
the reasons for doing things.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Suspended
Pluto you can just talk to them if you want, talk with them get to know them and when you want to open up to them it will just happen naturally, this is a good approach imo.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 13-06-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I have had an experience of meeting someone whom I at this time consider a possible friend.

I posted a topic about this exact situation in the divination forum, but feel it may be better suited for discussion here.

I met a man through my brother whom is a friend of my brother whom occasionally stops over to see and speak with my father.

I had spoken to this individual on one such occasion he was over visiting my father. The subject of stones had come up between my father and I. My father mentioned he could not find his fossil specimen and I informed him I took it. My dad showed annoyance at this, I let him know what did he expect? And that he knows "I like things like that". So we all got into a conversation about stones and such.

I realized I enjoyed speaking with this man and enjoyed past conversations with the person and sent him a social media request. That request went by for a month unaccepted.

One day my dad knocks on my bedroom door and gives me a rose quartz saying he was supposed to give it to me. I inquired where he got it from- and he told me he got it from this man this person I speak of here.

A while ago I had posted on this social media asking my girlfriends for a recommendation on where I can get a box for storage. Like a wooden box.

My girlfriends said they would keep their eyes out- and have not yet gotten back to me on it.

I've not yet found one either.

I've looked at the local stores.

About 3 weeks ago my dad mentioned to me someone was asking in regards to whether or not I had found that box I was looking for, and my father said someone had seen my social media post and had inquired whether I still needed one, and what size?

I then asked my father whom had asked and he told me he didn't know. This I found odd. Someone speaks to you about this, and he doesn't know who? So I asked how this conversation came about, and he said text over phone, and I asked again whom was wondering, and again he told me he didn't know. So I said "Well that's odd, you have a conversation with someone over text, but you don't know who"? He said "Whatever".

So still needing a box like this I inquired again to my father about it. I asked "You said someone may have a box like one I need"? And then a day later my father was better about discussing it. He mentioned this person- that happens to be this man I speak of in this post- makes cigar boxes, and had inquired about my post, wondered if I still needed one.

So I told my father if he- the man- wanted to make me one. For my father to let him know, that yes I would like something like that.

I tried to indicate without saying exactly to my father to pay him for it.

As I don't have any of the details and I don't know if the person expects payment.

So all this talking, about me, and something I had needed- I am asked questions, told someone inquired whether I still needed a box- and am not told who? Am told "I don't know" "Whatever.

What I am wondering is are these an indication this person this man is romantically interested in me in any way?

Did I mention the rose quartz was given to me by my father whom said he was supposed to, and that he got it from this man. And that this person accepted the friend request on that particular exact day several hours after I had gotten the stone?

From what I can gather from this situation is:

1 This person is aware and does pay attention to the posts I make on social media- I am sure I do have people on it as well, whom never look.

2. It is a fact this man does speak with my father. I am sorry to say but those whom speak with my father often are not the first people I want closest to me. I always get this feeling of- too much talk.

Lastly I simply do not know what to think. Are these signs of romantic interest? Friendship?... or does it simply mean nothing at all?

But then why give a gift to begin with?

They are maybe simply a nice person?

.... or trying to be?

Personally I've been single now 3 years. The last relationship though was another get together with an ex boyfriend- an ex boyfriend second chance.

And I've been single 3 years.

I wouldn't know if a man is interested in dating. I do know when they are only interested in sex though- that I can see coming.

This- give a person a gift thing, and inquire about something they wanted, I don't know about all this. What does that mean?

I have never gotten such treatment from one of my brother's friends.

And I am confused.

And I wonder, should I bother to care to open up?

Thank you all for listening to me vent/ ramble.
Hello, my dear friend.
You need to believe that a person can do something unselfishly. You need to believe that a person can do something just to make you feel good, and not to get something in return. You need to believe that he is just a good person.