Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Seeker

Favorite places to crystal shop?

There's only one spiritual store where I live (that I know of) and it's way, way, way out in the city and I've only been there once, it isn't worth the drive (and the traffic) in my opinion, so I like to hit up Etsy when I need to splurge on some new crystals. A lot of the crystals can be custom made, depends on who you're buying from. Where do you like to get your crystals?
Old 26-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Experiencer
Ebay has been my first choice for quite some time. You can buy from all over the world and the selection is amazing. I also feel very safe buying from there. Ebay will refund your money if the product doesn't come, arrives damaged or if it's fake.
Old 26-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Guide
Has to be Glastonbury!
Old 27-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Experiencer
Great if you live in the U.K I guess. Looks like a nice chain, we don't have anything like that in Canada. There are a few private shops that are run by individual shop owners, but I find they are overpriced. Something I find on ebay for $ 200 is over $ 1000 at a metaphysical or gift shop. ( If you can even find what you're looking for ) But I'm not too worried, I have found many great finds on ebay !
Old 27-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Master
There's a nice selection of shops in Glastonbury. I'm not really drawn to the crystal shop nearest to me now ~ perhaps it's because most of the crystals are locked away in glass cabinets... *shrugs*
Old 27-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Newbie ;)

There's a small shop about a half an hour drive away, that being said, I only have a clear quartz crystal (that I felt most attracted to at the time).
Old 28-02-2017, 02:01 AM
Experiencer
Clear quartz is awesome. A true classic, very pretty. I collect lots of different crystals but I must admit I always am attracted to clear quartz. It just looks so fantastic and if you're into their properties it's a true must have that does lots for you.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Knower
I haven't thought about "new" crystals in a long time.

20+ years ago I was on a major buying binge, and living in California, I had no problem finding local metaphysical stores where I could satisfy my cravings for new stones.

Back then I bought hundreds of stones/crystals/mineral specimens, etc. Since that time I've given hundreds away, and have thrown many into the ocean. I now have about 100-200 stones left, and I love them more than ever.

Up until about three years ago I had them all stored in boxes and bags, and then I slowly began to bring them out, one by one, then two by two and so on.

I currently have about 30 pieces on display (and in use) throughout my home at this time (mostly selenite and various quartz pieces).

I remember a time when I was very avid in purchasing and collecting stones, and I like your question because it takes me back to an earlier time - a very youthful and brilliant time when I felt like an explorer, or some kind of geological adventurer.

I'm reminded of the passage in the Bible where Solomon reflects on the idea that there is a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together - it clearly speaks of two distinct "times".

Perhaps you'd do well if you sought to understand the "time" you are in, and why it is that you are gathering stones together (if you are).

Perhaps you're just an adventurer - maybe on the greatest adventure of all!