Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 AM
SpiritWarrior

Are Past Life Experiences Important??

How Important do people think that your past lifes matter? And should we go and find out about them, and if so why?
I would be very interested in hearing your feedback as I am sat on the fence on this subject at the min.
Love and Light
Old 08-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Master
I can tell you from personal experience that finding out about some of my past lifes has made a huge difference in my life. It has given me so much insight into why certain things and people are the way they are in this life!!! Now, when I look back at the time when I didn't know about my past lives on a conscious level, I realize just how much this information has done for me. For me it has been a real blessing.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 08-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Pounamu

Hi SpiritWarrior,

In my understanding, "past lives" - or our ancestors' lives - are often important to know about, as they give the story behind karmic circumstances that may be up at the moment in our lives for us to resolve. I believe that at this time in Earth's history, a major task we have in this embodiment is the resolution of karma, in preparation for Earth's imminent evolutionary leap (in about 2018 AD). If one doesn't know what circumstances led to a particular karmic situation and record, one can't understand it so well; and then the lesson is not able to be absorbed and the purpose of the karma is not able to be fulfilled, so it cannot be fully released.

For this reason, it is useful to be aware of your "past lives" - especially if you are aiming consciously to resolve your karmic contracts without having to experience them "to the last jot and tittle". Because you either have to discharge or resolve karma by experiencing it, or by learning how to release it by understanding it, forgiving and transmuting it, and taking on board the spiritual lesson that it represents.

Hope this helps!
Pounamu
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Dariel

I have one more perspective to this subject. It is very important that we understand our karmic connections and understanding past gives explanations to things happening. However, everything what has been in the past and are necessary to face in this life, is actually present also know, just in different form. So if we are learning now, it is not necessarily good for us to go back and feel guilty of killing someone or having been in a war or whatever. There are many lives where we have done great and there are many which are not so great. I don't see it necessary to dig up everything... at least before we are ready and balanced enough to understand them with heart and with compassion to ourselves, not to blame ourselves of what has happened. And past lives does not give any rights for anything. Let's say an example of my past. I had really difficulties with one of my teachers in regressional therapy group. I was very cautious with her and in my mind disagreed with many issues. She sent me lots of black energies all the time and I was really under very bad psychic attack, which led to leaving the study group as I wanted to cut the connection between us. Then I found out of our past lives, she has been priestess sacrifying me on altar when I was 5 year old girl. Other live she was my brother and was very jealous of the attention I got from mom as I was younger. He organized an accident for me, which lead to my death at age of 2. So now comes the point, this information would be damaging to us both if I used it to justify myself to be angry for the things she has done to me in the past. The point is to forgive and let go. It was hard and now we are actually starting co-operation as professionals, as the past is cleaned with lots of energy work. But the point is that if I had not been able to forgive, this would be really bad thing to know.

The other good thing is that my best friend and I have always been laughing to the fact that I always take male role when she is present. It is so funny as I am not masculine at all (i am female in this life just a not if you don't know) LOL. So then we found out that actually we have been married in France before and I was the husband. And she died and I felt she abandoned me as I was left alone. and these feelings of past still pop up out of the blue.

So knowing past also explains a lot of othewise weird reactions.

Dariel
Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Lapis

Simultaneous Lifes

Personally I know (from my own experiences) our so-called "past" lives are tremendously important to us in this here and now and vice versa believe it or not! Just because we usually can't remember them consciously does not mean that we are totally isolated and disconnected from them, just the opposite actually. Again my opinion based on my own personal experiences however.

One of my favorite symbols that clearly shows how vast we really are (at one level) is that of a huge clear diamond. Think of this large multifaceted clear diamond as your Higher Self. Now think of each and every one of the individual facets on it as a past/present/future life or incarnation. Or more accurately IMO, think of them all as your simultaneous lives.

Notice how each of the facets are connected to all the other's by the razor thin line or edges of each one. Think of this edge or line as a very powerful energy that holds and connects all with the All. Lets say that one on facet is your "past" life in India 500 years ago. And on another facet is a life that was not physical or in this dimension but another. And lets say another facet on this beautiful diamond is a life when you were a Mayan, another life in England during the 1600's, and another life in Atlantis, another in Spain and another one is you here now and on and on.

Because of the edges or lines between all of these individual facets/lives (both physical and nonphysical), we can consciously connect with very many of them if we want to. And some of them can also come through into your life in this here and now to reconnect with "you". This isn't a 2-way linear street, but a complex and wonderful living multidimensional system.

In so many cases we carry in these current lives and bodies old wounds, both physical and emotional, from a few of our "past" or simultaneous lives. When you can connect these current issuses in this life and body with wounds or injuries etc. from "past" life causes......it makes it all so much easier to deal with now because you understand it at deeper levels. Here's just one example of what I'm talking about and it comes from a period many years ago when I did past life regressions for people, plus I remember many of my own past lives.

Many times I did past life regressions on people who (amongst many other things) remembered having been beheaded by a guillotine. In every one of these cases all of these people had terrible neck and throat problems and damaged vertebra in the neck area! Other cases revealed people who had learned different things in one or more "past" lives and these learnings, talents or gifts, were present in their current lives as well.

And another very powerful and important aspect of this is that old saying...."Once an Initiate, always an Initiate" meaning that so many of us have had many "past" lives where we were Initiated into ancient Orders (Egyptian, Mayan, Native American Indian, Atlantian, Middle Eastern, east Indian, Oriental etc.) where we were trained by physical Masters and much more. This knowledge dosen't just disappear! Our "past" lives where we were Initiated are directly and intimately connected to our lives here and now. It has SO much to do with why we're incarnate on Earth now at the completion of the Mayan calender and the astrological Age change into Aquarius. Hint, hint......

Sorry for the over-kill with all this but I could go on and on about the importance of facing and dealing with many of our "past" lives AND our "past" deaths because that is just as powerful and important as everything else. Because you're thinking and asking about this SpiritWarrior, tells me that yes, it's time for you to get off that fence!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Dariel

Thank Lapis you have good way of explaining it with the diamond and it's facets and I do agree what you say. I was more thinking myself about the maturity of the person, and when it is really good time to know. We may be masters in past lives but we still have to master this life as well. So knowing it too early may lead to proudness which is taking us to away from the Oneness. But I believe myself that in one point we will be able to recall all we have learned in past/paraller lives and can use that information in this life. I don't know when this entry point comes totally, that we can, for example recall totally a skill to speak some language or to recall some master healing techinques we have used before. But are we drawn to those things in present life anyway? I mean I have learned my ways in Tibet in few incarnations and before even knowing it I found myself in a group doing serious tibetan originated practises which I immediately felt suitable for me and as "things I've been searching for". So do our live just get those to us anyway... same with other incidents in life. I think we still end up in the same kind of situations that what has been left unsolved in past. Of course it is good to know the past but I feel so many of my past lives so much not interesting that I don't even remember them anymore after solving the issues which has been unsolved.

So what is my point here.. i don't know, just writing thoughts...
Dariel
Old 10-12-2006, 01:59 AM
imageimaginer

Your personality in this lifetime reflects all of your past lives. All the feelings that you have about your life now come from the experiences of past lives. For example you may fail to act in a certain situation because you may not have had a good experience in a past life with regard to that situation. Your fears, insecurities, doubts, all negative thoughts and feelings about certain things in your life need healing now in the present.
Wipe the slate clean if you will and heal the pain you have experienced in past lives so that they don't affect you in this life.
Remember your past lives, because they are who you truly are, right now. Remember also the bad ones so that you will know what needs healing.

I quote from a song,
"Take these broken wings and learn to fly again
learn to live so free."

We are all angels,angels with broken wings, wings that will heal.

Last edited by imageimaginer : 10-12-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 27-01-2007, 06:22 PM
dark_veil

I have feelings about my past lives, I have never been regressed though, is this how you are found out about your past lives? If not how did you?

huggs
dark veil
Old 27-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Deactivated Account
i find i've enough to keep me occupied in this life without worrying too much about any past ones i may or may not have had, and while i'm not for one minute 'knocking ' anyone who has found knowledge of a past life useful, it is also important to note regression etc can have it's downside too, like anything else imo (i'm rambling again)
Old 28-01-2007, 12:13 AM
tiltjlp

Yes, I feel that our past lives are extremely important. It is through them that we learn the lessons that can and does lead to both personal and spiritual growth. Touching on what Daisy touched on, often their is trauma assoctiated with PL memories, which realte to our current life. It's possible to work through the PL trauma, healing the negative impact on this life. Also, our past lives often reveal traits and characteristics that are part of our current life. An example of this can be read in my thread My Lives As A Writer .

John
Closed Thread