Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Astrology Cusps and Inaccurate Dates?

Hello,

I'm kind of new to astrology, but I drew my natal chart a few years ago and know all of the details of myself as far as that goes.

While I am totally convinced I am a Capricorn, meeting an Aquarius who actually seemed more like a Capricorn made me look up cusp dates.

When I looked up cusp signs, the dates were all over the place!! So that led me to question... Do cusps depend on the year? Because on all of the websites I saw, I was a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp (to my surprise), but on my natal chart, it said I was just a Capricorn. Seeing how the dates vary makes me a little confused...

Does anyone know how to get the most accurate readings/dates for this stuff? I wouldn't doubt that I am a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp, but I very much resonate with Capricorn more. That might just be because I don't get along too well with many Aquarius, lol. But anyway, any knowledge on this subject is appreciated!!

-Luchiha
Old 12-03-2017, 02:22 AM
Master
Hi.
The dates I found (google) for Capricorn/Aquarius cusp were from January 16-23. Not sure of your exact date. If you were born between the 16th and the 23rd you are on the cusp I believe.

What I am likely to think is that perhaps your astrology program does not account for cusps, but as I am unaware of what you use I am not positive, but I think this is the case.

I have heard from many a cusp individual that they do indeed resonate with one sign more than the other- there is nothing wrong with this. If you feel you resonate with Capricorn you are a Capricorn.

I will say the way in which I learned about cusps is also different than the websites date in that the way I was taught to view it is that the cusp is acknowledged the very day between transitioning from the sign of Capricorn to Aquarius either the very day or the next couple- which on second thought the websites dates may be right. I am wondering what astrology site or program you use for drawing your natal chart. Usually the birth chart itself with the exact date and locale of your birth is what is correct. Which if what you have stated is correct would indeed make you a Capricorn.

Unless I am mistaken.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:28 AM
Master
You are one or the other but the there is an exact time when the sun enters the following sign. That exact time would vary from year to year.

We have Leap year and that makes up for the disrepency between the calendar and the sun cycle. The sun cycle is correct. Our way of measuring it is not precise and there are slight variances from year to year.

The dayand moment that the sun leaves capricorn and enters Aquarius can vary from year to year.

The date and time that you were born would accurately show your natal sun sign and that never changes...

Frequently a person near the cusp may have planets in a neighboring sign. Mercury always travels close to the sun, so your Mercury would be either in Capricorn or Aquarius. That is how your think and communicate. If your Mercury is in Capricorn, you might feel the Capricorn influence quite a bit because of that. Your sun is in Aquarius and there is no maybe/maybe not about that.

The whole chart tells the story.

If you were a natal Capricorn who's sun was about to enter Aquarius at birth, your sun would soon progress into Aquarius and that would be an influence that you might feel...If you are in Aquarius, then your progressed sun will be in Aquarius for 30 years. Capricorn would be old news for your sun as it never occupied that sign. You are one or the other, not both.

You can believe whatever you want and feel however you want, but Astrologically your natal sun occupies 1 sign and only 1 sign.

The ruler of Capricorn is Saturn.

Aquarius has 2 rulers. The traditional ruler is Saturn. The modern ruler is Uranus. You might consider that both signs share a ruler and resonate to the energy of the planet Saturn. Aquarius also resonates to the outer planet Aquarius. There is some common ground between the two signs, though one is earth and the other is air. That is quite a big difference.

You might want to learn more about what it means to be a Water Bearer, before you reject it.

There is confusion about 'cusp babies' and you can believe whatever you want but your natal sun is precisely placed for a reason.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Master
Rozie, I am confused here a bit.

She stated her natal chart- which in order to draw up or bring up in a program one must know exact time and location of birth (as I am certain she does as she stated she has seen and is aware of her natal chart), she stated her chart lets her know she is Capricorn. Wouldn't that make her a Capricorn instead of Aquarius? Our charts don't lie.

I've never been aware of a case where leap years can or are able to interfere with the natal chart programs.

The individual has said their chart shows them as Capricorn. Wouldn't that be correct?
Old 12-03-2017, 02:53 AM
Master
Nevermind....I read that wrong.

I misunderstood the whole thing and thought she was saying that she felt like a Capricorn but was an Aquarius.

If she feels like a Capricorn, and is a Capricorn, then that is ideal.

What I said wasn't incorrect but it does not apply to Luchiha.

Sorry and thank you for correcting me. SaturninePluto

Leap years don't interfere with natal chart programs, but they do slightly change the dates on the calendar of when the sign changes. The date a sign might start is the 21st or the 22nd. That would vary from year to year on a calendar.

For instance, I was born the year before a leap year....3 years into the leap year cycle.. My birthday is the 8th....When I do my solar return, the exact moment when the sun has returned to the natal position is usually the 7th...only the year before the leap year will solar return occur on the 8th. A birthday is observing the anniversary of ones birth, and technically that should be the moment of the solar return. That is how it works sort of.

A proper chart is correct, but a estimate is an estimate. It didn't used to be so easy to pull up a computer generated chart. If you were to use an ephemeris you would still have to calculate something to find the exact degree of the sun at the moment of birth. Some people don't even know their birthtime. A cusp date can be a question-mark, but it shouldn't be so much anymore because we have Astro.Com.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:57 AM
Master
No argument here was just concerned as she never posted her full birth data her date time and location and that would be needed to determine exactly which sign. I was merely a touch confused and yes although not certian I have no problem taking your word for it about cusps as the posts I've read from you seem to be very honest and forth right.

Glad the individual got answers is all.

Best wishes.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello,

The site I like using is "Alwaysastrology". My birthday is January 17th, so according to the internet pages that talk about cusps, I am a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp, but this website says nothing about that. So that's why I wondered if it was the year or something determining that, assuming the website was correct. I assume that the site accounts for leap years. (at least I hope)... If anyone has a more accurate site or recommendation I can give it a shot and see what my natal chart looks like in comparison.

My Mercury is indeed in Capricorn, and in Venus, Jupiter, and Neptune. My Uranus is in Aquarius. That is the only thing in Aquarius however.

But the question still remains then. If I am a cusp or if I am not. Haha
Old 12-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Master
Personally I use astro.com to bring my chart up. It also has other options for transiting planets and relationship astrology- like synastry and composite charts.

If you are entering your birth data by time/ date of birth and location which I believe you are and your chart states Capricorn as your sun sign, then you are definitely a Capricorn. As Rozie said and she is right you are either one sign or the other.

The basic function of the natal chart in regards to cusps would be used to determine which sign you are. At least that is the way I see it. I could be completely wrong. But, i still hold if your natal chart has you as a Capricorn sun then you are.

I also am Capricorn not however on a cusp. And while do not know everything there is to know about Astrology, know enough to look at a natal.

I simply read charts different than some astrologers whom only take planetray positions and house rulerships and signs into account, in that I look at charts using a degree of my own intuition and also try to use common sense. Not everything I tell people about their charts will be true and I go in knowing nothing is set in stone as people can and do change.

But I believe what the site you are using says is correct. You are a Capricorn Sun with Uranus in Aquarius, and a Mercury/Venus Capricorn placement.
If I read what you wrote in your last post correctly.

I basically wouldn't worry too much about cusps themselves.

You are basically a Capricorn.

And, nice to meet you here. :)
Old 12-03-2017, 05:14 AM
Master
You would have to look up your chart.

You would input your date of birth, place of birth and time of birth into a chart calculator.

I use Astro.com or Venus group...

That is all.

You can look at an ephemeris for the year of your birth to see the position of the planets on that date.

I always google "Ephemeris 1994" for instance. That would give you a quick glance. It seems like you know your chart, so you must know the degree and minute of your sun placement.

There are articles about cusp people and how they are 'both'. Some people believe in that. I don't believe in that. My son was born in the last minutes of the last degree of his sign. That is what is his sun sign and he is true to that. I was a little unsure at the time. My mother told me that 'he is what he is'. That was good enough for me. He is what he is.

That is my belief and how I approach the cusp issue. I think you are are what you are. There is no doubt about it if you have an accurate birth chart.

Other people believe they are both and the line is blurred. They can believe that if they want to, but I think it is bad astrology. Considering the variables is good astrology. That is my opinion and others are welcome to their opinion but it will not impress me.

The year you were born matters....Subsequent years refer to the relevant date for that year, not your year of birth. Your year of birth is what you would use to look up your chart.

You have a lot going on in Capricorn so you should feel like a Capricorn.

Usually signs that are right next to each other, don't really see each other very well, and don't really get each other as a rule..It is different energy. Earth and air aren't usually compatable. It isn't a huge clash but not much common ground.

@SaturninePluto...I don't mean to be following you around. You answered the question but you posted while I was typing.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Personally I use astro.com to bring my chart up. It also has other options for transiting planets and relationship astrology- like synastry and composite charts.

Wow, I love this site already. It gave me extra information (which I'm not sure how to read, but still, cool!) like Chiron and other things the other website didn't offer.

I believe I am a Capricorn according to this chart as well, though it is pretty close to the time that it's transitioning between Capricorn and Aquarius. Thanks everyone for the clarification, I think it makes the most sense to be Capricorn. The only thing I think is really Aquarius about me is my sense of intuition. (I don't know how common of a trait this is in Aquarians, but I have noticed it often). I'm sure some Capricorns are also intuitive, I just haven't met any other than my mother and myself.

Is there anything online that's really good to interpret meanings of the different features of this chart? Also, it seems to be lacking the houses... Hmmm

EDIT: Didn't want to double post --- I actually found a really nice site (grupovenus) to look at all of my details. It doesn't mention anything about "Chiron" however, so I might have to do some extra research for that. If you have any suggestions for other sites, I can look there too!
EDIT: I found out, Chiron is an asteroid, and I found the information on that site.

Last edited by Luchiha : 12-03-2017 at 06:31 AM.