Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quite Confused

I've read that when you manifest something or someone, you should not be obsessed over it.

But isn't the saying, "What you focus on, grows" also true? Isn't obsession also a sign that you are focusing on that certain desire of yours? But why is it that we should not obsess over the things or people that we desire? It seems that these principles contradict with each other.

Can someone enlighten me about this. I'm a little bit confused.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestyourreality88
I've read that when you manifest something or someone, you should not be obsessed over it.

But isn't the saying, "What you focus on, grows" also true? Isn't obsession also a sign that you are focusing on that certain desire of yours? But why is it that we should not obsess over the things or people that we desire? It seems that these principles contradict with each other.

I think it's about the subconsious mind.You do your part,and then you let it to do it's job.
It's a paradox,but good manifestation results,happens only when you forget about them.

Sometimes results stay only on the mental level(seeing signs of your request) but they're not manifesting at all.

No one can tell you for sure,but yes i think the key is to do your part,and then forget about it.

Just find a way to get closer with your inner self,and do the work from that point.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Focusing is not obsession....it's a deliberate, disciplined practice that helps set your beliefs...
since believing in a thing makes it come about*.

My take.

* Try not believing something will manifest...hahahaha...see what doesn't happen!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestyourreality88

Probably that advice is because when you obsess on something you generate confusing signals, including doubt.

It is okay to repeatedly reaffirm with conviction and trust that will happen.

To get your wish through to your subconscious make your affirmations / requests clear, short, using verbs in positive present tense, charged with emotion, at the moment when you're falling asleep, and at the moment when you're waking up. You can also use (self-)hypnosis.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:55 AM
Ascender
Resistance is the term Abraham uses. It's about starting, then stopping the wanting vibes with fears interspersed in-between that BLOCK it come coming.
You can obsess if you have to fear or doubt, but over focusing is often because fear/doubt is strong, so it cancels out the whole calling it to you signal.