Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Master
Starting new job but not staying as it wasn't what it cracked up to be

Dreamt I started a new job. It was near where my mum was working so she said she would take me in the mornings and pick me up. I took it as it was higher pay however when she took me it was in the woods and to get to where it was we had to drive down a really muddy slope and round an awkward road. The office was just a porta cabin in the wood with an old man in a run down office room. The job advert boasted parking but it was just a space of dirt to park, I thought it was funny how the bigged it up. It was an earlier start and finish than my current job. I was working there for a few days and my dad had to take me because my mums car couldn't get down that muddy slope safely. After a couple days I was saying I'm not sure if I want to work here as it's not worth it. I'm not being paid much more and I can't keep getting a lift with dad and I don't have my own car so it's not the right time just yet. My dad agreed and we both felt it was silly my mum persuaded me to take this job when it wasn't all that great, it was worse than what I currently had. I text the guy to say I wouldn't be working there. I had booked a couple days off work so I could try this job out but the next day I'd have to leave my current job and I didn't want to loose it so I said to the man I wouldn't be carrying on working there. He rang my dad and was talking to him on the phone saying it's a shame but that it's fine he understands. Then I woke up.
Old 26-06-2018, 05:59 AM
Administrator
Hello

First off are Mom and Dad in the living ?

I have the feeling this dream is about making life choices or life changes. The slippery sloop at times is something that is real in our current life path, that place where things are so not going forwards or where we are just in that holding pattern where we are sliding along no path or destination in sight.

If Mom and Dad are passed then it could be them coming in to let you know things are going to be OK that you can make the life choices you need to make. Like parents do they are there to support but too they are there to set a child free to try life alone.

Look at being alone and being lonely as they are two different things.

Lynn
Old 26-06-2018, 06:21 AM
Master
Hey, no they are living although they are hardly ever there for me. Haven't really been in my life the last 6-10 years and only just started letting them in again but wish I hadn't as the relationships with them cause me pain. Doesn't feel like I have any parents.

Ive been asking a lot for guidance about my life's direction, my career, and what is best for me to do as other than inner work, I feel pretty aimless at the moment. I feel this dream was meaningful to me and this question but Im just not sure what the dream means.

Last edited by Ladyrose92 : 26-06-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Dreams about work aren't always about actual work. It's more often about what we are working on. I suspect a part of you is taking a step back from working on yourself. Thinking about an actual job could indicate a desire to slow down on the self work. There is nothing wrong with that. Working on yourself can be exhausting and difficult. It's good to take it slow. This said, I would worry less about the career path you should be going down. Odds are your parents influence on you has created some blocks that have to be overcome for you to thrive in a work role. So try to not fret if you ask for guidance about it but don't get much. The same thing has happened to me. What's important to us as humans is not usually what is important to our soul. But your soul also understandswe neec a break from the heavy stuff but rather than put self healing and career goals on your plate maybe think more about taking a break and doing fun things that allow you to play. No need to overload yourself.
Old 27-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Master
I see, yes I do feel exhausted at the moment. Matt's really struggling with his life and mental health at the moment and I feel like if I take the focus off him and making sure home is O.K., it all falls apart. I have been working on myself but it seems I need to focus on him and the life we have together as that's the most important thing to me. I want to do better for myself earning more money etc which would take the pressure off him more but it just doesn't seem to happen so Im just finding this whole cycle a bit difficult at the moment. Each time I feel we go up a level, within myself or as a couple, but then it starts again and I wish I could change it. I don't know if there will be light at the end of the tunnel or if its all going to fall apart, but I will take your advice and play and have fun, we are going for dinner this Saturday so Ive suggested if he wants to go bowling, that should be fun!
Old 27-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
I can attest that being hyper focused on all that is wrong only serves to drag you down. You obviously love your husband but do remember you are not responsible for him either. You are showing him the way merely by your example. You need not do more unless he specifically asks you for something. It sounds like you have too much on your plate so do indeed go out and have some fun. Laugh a little and trust that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. You are doing much better than you realize. Hugs.