Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 16-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Master

Affirmative Song

May the words of my song, make you curious
May the sound of my voice ease your mind
May the rhythm of my instrument make you move
to another place *
so you can be someone else
and be yourself again

May your mind step out of its intense living
and unfurl slowly like a sail
May the gulls carry away your painful memories
and may we all break on the shore
like an early morning wave

May our goodness never be overtaken
by darkness
And may our own light stand like a mountain
and shine like the sun
even when the calamity of human
mistakenness stands defiant at our door
May we trust that we are
part of something, and dream that we are love
and dream that we are one.

May the notes sound
against the thunder rolling
the moist air soothe our thirsty souls
As we gather around the tree of Song
May we rest in this Pause
And forget all Wrongs.

* Hopefully not towards the Door !!

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-02-2018, 01:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
May the words of my song, make you curious
May the sound of my voice ease your mind
May the rhythm of my instrument make you move
to another place *
so you can be someone else
and be yourself again

May your mind step out of its intense living
and unfurl slowly like a sail
May the gulls carry away your painful memories
and may we all break on the shore
like an early morning wave

May our goodness never be overtaken
by darkness
And may our own light stand like a mountain
and shine like the sun
even when the calamity of human
mistakenness stands defiant at our door
May we trust that we are
part of something, and dream that we are love
and dream that we are one.

May the notes sound
against the thunder rolling
the moist air soothe our thirsty souls
As we gather around the tree of Song
May we rest in this Pause
And forget all Wrongs.

* Hopefully not towards the Door !!

I am so glad that I came here to read this beauty of a post, Joe MC.

I just had the most beautiful dream right before I came here and read your poem... I do so hope you don't mind me sharing
I was a very old lady in the dream and I was looking back and forward of a life well lived and towards the one thing my soul was calling for me to do before my passing through this life.

In this dream I lived in a timber house surrounded by golden fields of wheat ready to harvest. In the main room I owned an old piano (I do not play piano).
I asked myself why I owned a piano I did not play and my inner voice as strong as anything said ' I was waiting for someone to play it for me and that I that finally the time has come for me to sing my song '.
So I asked all of my friends and family... from the past, present and future to come and visit me... and I would sing my song... with only hope and faith that my piano player would show up and accompany me lol...so myself and my guests all waited patiently... holding space and then an old man with white hair came silently through the door and into the room and sat at my piano and started playing and I started to sing my song.
I could see as I sang... in the background all this golden wheat floating up into the air... this great cloud of gold floating around and floating onto the ground haha...

Then I came here and read your beautiful post and it resonated deeply... still floating high on a dream... I was right there with those words you shared.

We all have a soul song to share - something which I feel so deeply passionate about haha... we spend so long (some of us) drowning out our inner song... TV commercials, lawnmowers, cars, jackhammer's and barking dogs all serve well as noisy distractions for a while haha.

I find the song gets louder though and soon it becomes all there is. The souls song longing to be sung through us... patiently waiting in the background until the time is right and we are ready.

Ok, I've officially run off on a tangent!!

Thank you for sharing... it was all quite magical.
Old 17-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Master

wowww !!! Thank you so much for reading and reflecting that little verse. Your dream is very wonderful indeed and I can from my point of view relate to it very deeply if that makes sense. I love how you speak about your song and how it is more centralised than ever in your life. Sorry I'm rubbish at doing those quoting chucks so i just write in big blocks lololol, please forgive me.

I am quietly amazed, mesmerised even that my connection to 'The Song of Life' lets say has grown really fast very recently. Firstly, I find myself saying but not too often why didn't I know this 20-30 years ago but its plain to see that it wasn't the time to be heard or to bring a song to someone, to anyone, im desperate please listen hahahaha lol not. So not the time for various reasons, some are sad even tragic of course. So in your dream there is that quality that some people are arriving late to the public side of it if we may call it that ? But as you allude to the song of our hearts is in the end outside of all notions of time and identity and ushers forth from a magical place, the place you visited perhaps in your dream ? The space where all singers, all of humanity, have their dreams.

Your dream is very wonderful and specific. So I think dreams are generous arisings too in the sense that Joe can get specific meaning from your dream, Emeraldheart can get specific meaning from it and on it goes. I have always known from the little dream work i did, keeping a diary etc. when i was in my early 20s that dreams are multi-layered. I'm working with a musician at the moment whom i only met a couple of months ago who has two old upright pianos in his house, and a guitarist whom i met by chance in a music shop. We have a gig i think on st. patricks day in some pub. But the way im reading it with these guys is basically i have no expectations, just going from week to week practicing and things but i cant believe how much ive grown in the last few weeks lol. I mean its like having a thousand music lessons. :)

Also i'd like to say we are playing some stuff that i wouldnt touch with a barge pole years ago, an arrogant punk with certain tastes in music that i thought defined me ??? lol ...now im starting to see that Bowie, Cohen and the likes are all cowboys lol ..its strange tbh. that seeing gives me great hope.

Hope your singing and music is developing too and that you are enjoying everything and growing ? My house is becoming very musical too ..my step daughter has starting violin so i keep pointing out to her that the Irish banjo is tuned the same as a violin and i keep trying to rob her violin lol.. and my son who is 2.5 years is singing quite well and dancing and stuff..old mac donald etc. ...so its all happening in the house of song lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuB_DjhC0M
It can't stop i wonder !! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmELS03_4So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYp9q3QNaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruVCGDoj3Dw

I'm not sure ive even responded appropriately to your post lol sorry if i haven't, there's alot to say :) Your friend Chris, take care lady lol.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Deactivated Account

' Please listen to me' haha. That reminded me of a Kristen Wig character on Saturday night live.
Her character is someone who loves singing and dancing, she is attending a fancy party. One of the guests notices a piano in the room... 'oh, a piano, someone should play' says the guest.
And then a pianist naturally steps up.
Kristen Wig in characther jumps in front of the piano 'oh, you think I should sing?'
Big, goofy smile on her face... 'don't make me sing... don't make me sing, oh I couldn't do that '
Haha..
Of course all she wants to do is sing but she feels that she's got to put on this big facade to cover up her inner most desire to sing.

That's the adult me... the one full of fears but then there is the other me... it's not even the inner child which is always like 'hey, look guys... I'm doing something amazing, look at me, look at meee! Hehe.

My sister is an artist and she has decided that her new objective is to create art which stops people in their tracks in awe. That might sound a bit pretentious haha but it is a great attitude in the sense that it inspires the soul spark to put in the required effort to create that thing of awe and beauty.

In my dream... I remember their was a moment where I had to decide what energy I was going to channel while singing.
I used to be an actor in a few different stage plays and I was studying Stanisvlasky's method for acting which was great for assisting me to channel the character... the energy and embodiment of the character. So i tried channeling my own character for a while... in this dream haha...It didn't work as well as it could have.
Then I made the decision to let go and be shifted and that's where the magic is... and I remember as an actor that feeling.
I'd rehearsed a part and studied a characther, their inner most desires and feelings, their motivation but there would always be a point where all of that would leave me and it felt like in that moment I transcended everything and would be overtaken by pure soul or something haha... it's that place where everything is infinately available to be drawn upon.
And everything would come through me completely naturally and organically. Those were always my best performances.

There is this little tug of war between... 'look at me, look at me... and oh wait... no I don't want you to see me'.
But then that is that other state which is just free and where none of that stuff matters in the slightest! Performance Transingdance or something haha.

Hey... I love banjo, violin, anything in that music ball park haha. Your home sounds like fun.

My music tastes don't tend to be overly ridged... though I've always had an affinity with certain music and instruments...
I like the kabbalah system... which I was studying for a while. I've studied a little bit of sound healing therapy as well... and I love how kabbalah has a system of tones and musical instruments which correspond with different energy centres. I know the eastern traditions have similar ideas as well but I really resonate with the kabbalah system... the sound of the hebrew language chants and all that.
My music teacher singer/pianist is a very natural healer... what she writes and performs competlely transports me. I have out of body type experiences when she performs... its very strange. Like something very profound is occuring on some higher 'dimension'... she played something she wrote for me when I first met her... and I had this complete out of body type experience where I knew the healing power of her particular art expression/ form... that's kind of when I knew she'd be a good fit... a good mentor haha
That is the kind of thing my sister talks about when she speaks about the effect she wants her art to have... to be completely transported... like a moment of pure transcendence I guess.

I mean... I have no idea what to think about all this haha...

Find your own voice, find your own song and then let it all go and get over yourself hahahaha.

I've rambled on alot and I haven't learnt much LOL... except that maybe - deciding to get over oneself is the best move to make when also deciding to let one's song live through you.

Haha.
Old 17-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Master
Affirmative Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart

' Please listen to me' haha. That reminded me of a Kristen Wig character on Saturday night live.
Her character is someone who loves singing and dancing, she is attending a fancy party. One of the guests notices a piano in the room... 'oh, a piano, someone should play' says the guest.
Kristen Wig in characther jumps in front of the piano 'oh, you think I should sing?'
Big, goofy smile on her face... 'don't make me sing... don't make me sing, oh I couldn't do that '
Haha..
Of course all she wants to do is sing but she feels that she's got to put on this big facade to cover up her inner most desire to sing.

That's the adult me... the one full of fears but then there is the other me... it's not even the inner child which is always like 'hey, look guys... I'm doing something amazing, look at me, look at meee! Hehe.

My sister is an artist and she has decided that her new objective is to create art which stops people in their tracks in awe. That might sound a bit pretentious haha but it is a great attitude in the sense that it inspires the soul spark to put in the required effort to create that thing of awe and beauty.

In my dream... I remember their was a moment where I had to decide what energy I was going to channel while singing.
I used to be an actor in a few different stage plays and I was studying Stanisvlasky's method for acting which was great for assisting me to channel the character... the energy and embodiment of the character. So i tried channeling my own character for a while... in this dream haha...It didn't work as well as it could have.
Then I made the decision to let go and be shifted and that's where the magic is... and I remember as an actor that feeling.
I'd rehearsed a part and studied a characther, their inner most desires and feelings, their motivation but there would always be a point where all of that would leave me and it felt like in that moment I transcended everything and would be overtaken by pure soul or something haha... it's that place where everything is infinately available to be drawn upon.
And everything would come through me completely naturally and organically. Those were always my best performances.

There is this little tug of war between... 'look at me, look at me... and oh wait... no I don't want you to see me'.
But then that is that other state which is just free and where none of that stuff matters in the slightest! Performance Transingdance or something haha.

Hey... I love banjo, violin, anything in that music ball park haha. Your home sounds like fun.

My music tastes don't tend to be overly ridged... though I've always had an affinity with certain music and instruments...
I like the kabbalah system... which I was studying for a while. I've studied a little bit of sound healing therapy as well... and I love how kabbalah has a system of tones and musical instruments which correspond with different energy centres. I know the eastern traditions have similar ideas as well but I really resonate with the kabbalah system... the sound of the hebrew language chants and all that.
My music teacher singer/pianist is a very natural healer... what she writes and performs competlely transports me. I have out of body type experiences when she performs... its very strange. Like something very profound is occuring on some higher 'dimension'... she played something she wrote for me when I first met her... and I had this complete out of body type experience where I knew the healing power of her particular art expression/ form... that's kind of when I knew she'd be a good fit... a good mentor haha
That is the kind of thing my sister talks about when she speaks about the effect she wants her art to have... to be completely transported... like a moment of pure transcendence I guess.

Find your own voice, find your own song and then let it all go and get over yourself hahahaha.

I've rambled on alot and I haven't learnt much LOL... except that maybe - deciding to get over oneself is the best move to make when also deciding to let one's song live through you.

Haha.

.....I've rambled on alot and I haven't learnt much LOL... except that maybe - deciding to get over oneself is the best move to make when also deciding to let one's song live through you.

Emeraldheart, some would say that maybe, deciding to live as you've described above is the very essence of enlightenment.

....and that, "Love thy neighbor as thyself, because thy neighbor is Thyself"....

....singing (dreaming) along right beside you, in harmony.

I like this dream, too. I sing this song, too.

Just as Joe Mc says in his signature: To Thine own Self be True
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 18-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Haha..

Haha.

Thank you for you very lavish and generous reply, i enjoyed reading it and garnered lots from it. That Kirsten Wig Character sounds like my type of woman alright tippy toeing towards that grand piano in the corner pulling absurd faces

Yes the inner child perhaps, it's just one interpretation and peeps can get lost perhaps in all of that throwing their rattle of out the pram etc. but not to be dismissed either. But something remarkable does go on as you alluded to with your music teacher and your own work im sure. A couple of peeps have said to me your a really brilliant guitarist me ?? lol you got someone else buddy, one person even said i'm S hit hot !!! too funny !!! They also said that people were attracted to me, that something else was happening behind the music so that kinda interests me. The first time i ever busked on the street i made a motivation of healing, something like that, if only one person can hear a sound, or a chord or something, my voice lol then it will have been worthwhile and actually it relaxed me and everything went great.

I never acted but people said i'm a good one if that makes sense ..i studied drama, the plays at college and im from Dublin Ireland which is considered sometimes to be like being born in Saint Petersburgh or somewhere with the intensity of the Irish playwrights and their work who lived there. The Stanislavsky stuff sounds very interesting indeed, amazing your very lucky :)
It's all there isn't the kabbalah, madonna, lady gaga lololol only joking. I mean the whole mystical Pythagorean engagement with measurement and music is there more than ever to be explored. its on youtube :)

I came across a quote the other day from famous psychologist Winicott, who said that the great tension in an artist is at once to be heard or seen and to be hidden ??? nuts eh ! Good quote though apologies if i have shared it with you already lol.

I've come across an English woman (fee fi fo fum lol) named Chloe Goodchild who created a thing called the singing field. I haven't studied her work in depth nor become formally involved in it, ( they don't have any grand pianos hidden in their studios, so it ain't no good to me mister ) lol. .but it goes to show what's happening out there, LOTS.

I attended this talk by the Dalai Lama, and that chant was incredible at 10am in the morning lol. They sang just before the Dalai Lama came on stage, they sang to wake us all up lololol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVYeBT2bek

I was raised on this album seemed to be always playing in our house when i was a child having my breakfast on sunday morning ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxfJ0TXUck

Same band ..its no wonder ive ended up as a disturbed person singing songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyP407UnUWw

One for the Road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf4Ah5tXrSs

ok Adios >

Old 20-02-2018, 03:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
.....I've rambled on alot and I haven't learnt much LOL... except that maybe - deciding to get over oneself is the best move to make when also deciding to let one's song live through you.

Emeraldheart, some would say that maybe, deciding to live as you've described above is the very essence of enlightenment.

....and that, "Love thy neighbor as thyself, because thy neighbor is Thyself"....

....singing (dreaming) along right beside you, in harmony.

I like this dream, too. I sing this song, too.

Just as Joe Mc says in his signature: To Thine own Self be True

Ohhh... enlightenment.... is there a certificate of achievement for that? A lifetime award? An awards ceremony? Maybe the enlightenment Grammys award hehe... I am just playing of course.
I liked my transcendance play on words for this thread 'transingdance' haha... ok I am being quite silly.
Of course the reward is just as Joe's quote and just as you say Guthro 'to they own self be true'... it authenticity is liberating and there is freedom when we remember to be true...
but just try not to be a jerk about it to the neigbours LOL.... gotta love them after all
Old 20-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account
That is a beautiful chant Joe! Thanks for sharing...
Very relaxing and heart opening. I have never seen a stand up accordion instrument like that before?!??!
It appears I'm going to be doing some YouTube surfing this afternoon- following that link.
I'm still catching up on some of the others - it appears that I was brought up with similar music influences to yours...
Although I also grew up with a record player which was always on the go in the 90's and a really large collection of music spanning across a centuary... all this music my grandmother and father owned when they were young.
My Mum plays piano accordion and sang all throughout my childhood. My grandma played piano, violin and was a singer. I inherited some of her old sheet music.
I asked my mum why I didn't get her violin though haha... I feel so left out
Maybe I could channel Grandmas spirit and see if she can hook me up with her old violin hahaha... it might be a bit worse for wear... might be a home for wayward cockroaches and spiders hehe.

All the best with your music endevours- maybe one day you'll post a video of your own up here hehehe...lol if your writing is anything to go by then I am sure that your music is wonderful as well.
Old 20-02-2018, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Ohhh... enlightenment.... is there a certificate of achievement for that? A lifetime award? An awards ceremony? Maybe the enlightenment Grammys award hehe... I am just playing of course.
I liked my transcendance play on words for this thread 'transingdance' haha... ok I am being quite silly.
Of course the reward is just as Joe's quote and just as you say Guthro 'to they own self be true'... it authenticity is liberating and there is freedom when we remember to be true...
but just try not to be a jerk about it to the neigbours LOL.... gotta love them after all

....well said, well done!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 20-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account
I Haha Joe... twas listening to some more of your links. What a crack up what you say about your childhood music experiences.

I think I was the only kid in my entire school brought up to the sound of bagpipes and accordian .. yodelling.... and for some reason the 1812 overture on scratchy record player... as well as 60s pop folk... lots of Irish and scottish folk music and dad loved the sound of steam trains on tape???!!!

My mum hated John Lennon though haha... too cliche... nothing but yodelling and bagpipes and folk for me hahaha... bob dylan was only just tollerable... lots of obscure folk. I do remember yodelling, bagpipes and trains featured probably disproportionately haha. Folk harmonica, banjo and the odd mandolin occasionally broke it up.
Man... it's amazing we have managed so well as adults

Hehe
My mum used to sing alot though... which made everything else ok...
And secretly I still love yodelling and bagpipes... just not together haha

Here is the song I'm singing at the moment...
A long way from childhood hehe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZziCau...nt=m v-google

A transgender person wrote originally it...antony and the Johnson's...( no bagpipes here)

Last edited by Ariaecheflame : 20-02-2018 at 09:20 AM.