Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I would not have known how to help others with it res.

I have been using this self-creating visualisation for over 20 years. I can sit and work whilst easily playing through alittle self-created story in my mind to entertain myself. Usually based on some TV series as a basis!

I think this inner visualisation is perceived just the same way as when you are looking through your eyes, when your not receving anything from the eyes ie asleep. Its all info that the brain process, but it can only normally 'see' one stream at a time. So one appear 'through' the eyes whilst the other stays in the mind.

For me, when awake and 'lucid daydreaming' (its always lucid for me, I am my own director and star :P) I see it exactly like I would when remembering something my eyes have seen. It is often very clear and detailed and I have often scared myself with it. My eyes do not see but my mind see its.

For example last night, I got up late evening and went into the bath room. I looked out the window and although my eyes saw nothing in my mind there was something rather wolven like stood at the window. Its face was pressed up and I could see the sharp point of its ears.

It was like i had looked, seen it with my eyes, looked away, forgot it, but when I looked back I saw the memory of what was there. but now wasnt.

I had to look at the window for while and was amazed by how real that (I think self created) image was.

I also had to laugh at myself. I told myself/imagination that although that what I expect to see in some horror movie (I dont watch horror anymore) it doesnt happen in this world and my eyes were not seeing it, some part of me was seeing this wolf image and i felt unnerved by it.

I have always done this internally. I wonder what would happen if I were to picture it outside of myself.

I can see that you are getting bits and pieces of your minds ability but the full picture is on its way if you keep seeking. Dont discount what you think you imagine like the wolf. There is a thread on here titled "wolves" that you might find interesting. If a part of one of the posts in that thread stands out to you, it may help answer why the wolf was visiting you. Sensing one at your window could actualy be a thought form to assist you in your progress. Dont fear the wolf and it is not out of the ordinary to sense a thought form around you. The stronger ones usually trigger the flight or flight response, which usually manifests as fear/adrenalin rush. I used to think that i was creating these presences with my imagination all my life too until i proved otherwise to myself.