Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Tati Tati

Self -Massage ?

Can someone please direct me to any good self massage teaching videos or pages/articles?
Or just share with me your knowledge?
Will appreciate it so much !!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Experiencer

It's quite easy to give yourself a more relaxing type of self-massage, but harder if you're trying to dig into knots and nodules - it's difficult to get the right angles / reach!!

With all massage, start with effleurage - long smooth strokes along the length of the limb/body, sweeping up towards the heart. This gets the circulation moving and helps move the lymph towards the heart.

Pick up the muscles of the neck and shoulder (petrissage) and work in slow, deep circles to help relieve tension (deep friction work).

Sweep up the sides of the neck and work into the little depressions at the base of the skull (the occipitals) which can get tight and always feel good when massaged.

Work over the skull, fingers spread wide and slightly curved in. Apply deeper, circular pressure all over the skull. Sweep down the jawline to the chest, fan the hands out and sweep gently upwards over the face... circling the eyes and back up to the forehead. Press the forehead (one finger each side of the bridge of the nose) - press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Move your fingers to mid-eyebrow, press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Move your fingers to the outside of your eyebrows, press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Repeat the pressing motion gently around the eyes to help release tension around the eyes and sinuses. Lightly touch the temples and move your fingers backwards to release the tension. Don't press too hard!! Gently 'feather' the face by tapping lightly with all of your fingers... down the face to the chest.

Finish with effleurage :)
Old 06-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Master
I do self massage a LOT.

Implements of pain delivery:

-Kneading Fingers 2000

- Foam roller

- elbows, knuckles, fingers, base of hand , lower leg bone

- weightlifting bar , sitting in it's squat rack , at chest and shoulder levels

I spent a good two hours leaning up against the weight bar and pushing into it from different angles, trying to get some tricky shoulder-area spots decongested. Painful stuff, after not getting them this way for a couple of years . Pain is good
Old 06-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Experiencer

Ah, I forgot about the foam roller! Not sure how, those things can be quite painful They are very good though.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Ah, I forgot about the foam roller! Not sure how, those things can be quite painful They are very good though.
They're great !. I never used one until 1.5 years ago. I had BAD I.T. Band Syndrome and torturing myself with the roller was probably the biggest thing that got me walking normally again. Took a year though

Another thing I got is like a rolling pin , but has about 10 spherical balls that rotate on the main shaft , like a giant abacus . Balls about 1.5" diameter , solid plastic, with handles on each end. I can dig into my knees and legs with that , instead of wearing out my hands and fingers .
Old 01-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Suspended
Seeker

I don't have a much knowledge about massage.

Why don't you try meditation.

Read articles & blogs of meditation

Try to watch meditation video in YouTube channel
Old 15-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinoth
I don't have a much knowledge about massage.

Why don't you try meditation.

Read articles & blogs of meditation

Try to watch meditation video in YouTube channel
There's no reason to assume that the OP doesn't meditate. Meditation and massage serve very different purposes. Suggesting meditation as an alternative to massage is akin to recommending a nap for someone who needs a shower.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
It's quite easy to give yourself a more relaxing type of self-massage, but harder if you're trying to dig into knots and nodules - it's difficult to get the right angles / reach!!

With all massage, start with effleurage - long smooth strokes along the length of the limb/body, sweeping up towards the heart. This gets the circulation moving and helps move the lymph towards the heart.

Pick up the muscles of the neck and shoulder (petrissage) and work in slow, deep circles to help relieve tension (deep friction work).

Sweep up the sides of the neck and work into the little depressions at the base of the skull (the occipitals) which can get tight and always feel good when massaged.

Work over the skull, fingers spread wide and slightly curved in. Apply deeper, circular pressure all over the skull. Sweep down the jawline to the chest, fan the hands out and sweep gently upwards over the face... circling the eyes and back up to the forehead. Press the forehead (one finger each side of the bridge of the nose) - press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Move your fingers to mid-eyebrow, press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Move your fingers to the outside of your eyebrows, press, move upwards an inch, press again until you reach the hairline. Repeat the pressing motion gently around the eyes to help release tension around the eyes and sinuses. Lightly touch the temples and move your fingers backwards to release the tension. Don't press too hard!! Gently 'feather' the face by tapping lightly with all of your fingers... down the face to the chest.

Finish with effleurage :)

Perfect advise!
Old 24-06-2018, 12:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Oh! Let me change your life forever. If you haven't already heard of it look up Ashley Black Fasciablasting, the tools are expensive but worth it. I'm not advertising for them i swear, I'm just a normal girl who had injuries, a bit overweight and bad cellulite i wasnt happy with my body. It's getting rid of my cellulite but also fixed my posture and got rid of my injuries and pains! It works way better than any foam roller or self massage tool ive ever tried. I swear i'm also losing inches using it too. It also made my face look better, evened out my eyebrows that used to be all wonky, and in general just makes me feel amazing to get my fascia healthier.

I also do trigger point therapy and recommend the book Trigger point therapy workbook by Clair Davies! With fasciablasting, trigger point therapy, excersise and yoga and stretching I am feeling amazing
Old 24-06-2018, 03:51 AM
Master
I used Chi Nei Tsang some years ago to heal my Sciatic nerve.
Interesting system.