Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
dreamer

A good ice breaker for situations where you would like to break the ice.

Thought i'd share this, it worked for me with my wife and is always a good ice breaker and gets people to open up about themselves.

5 questions to reveal the personality of someone, I learned this when i did psychology a life time ago.

1. If you were an animal what animal would you be and why?

2. If you could have any animal as a pet what animal would you have and why?

3. A famous artist gets talking to you one day and turns to you and says, I like you so much I'm going to paint you a picture, it will be worth a million pound cos all my paintings are priceless but i'm going to do something a bit different. I'm going to paint a block of just one colour all the same shade and i want you to choose the exact colour that you want to have hanging on your wall for the rest of your life. What colour would you choose and on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is very light and 10 is very dark what shade would it be?

4. You are walking along one day and you come across a mass of water, it can be any mass of water anywhere so it could be a dirty muddy puddle on a rainy day or it could be a beautiful waterfall crashing into a lagoon, the sea, a lake whatever you want. Describe this mass of water and tell me what you would do on seeing it (i.e. dive in, walk around it, emerse yourself slowly etc).

5. You wake up one day and you find yourself in a white room, all you can see for miles in every direction is brilliant white, you can see no way out and you are by yourself, what would you think?

Interpretations. I've put the interpretation down the page so you can try it out before you see what it reveals about you if you want.

Question 1 reveals the way a person would like to be seen by others, so you would go through the typical associations with the given animal i.e. someone says lion you might say that they are quite strong, like to be in control, like to be at the top of the food chain so to speak - you could then maybe infer that they maybe have difficulty letting go, relating to those close to them etc.

Question 2 reveals the type of personanlity someone would want in there ideal partner i.e. if someone says a cat you might be able to say that they want someone independent but also warm and affectionate, someone who doesn't take too much looking after etc.

Question 3 reveals a persons inner nature, so you would use the chakra interpretations for the colour given i.e. white - universal light, black - universal dark, purple - spiritual, indigo - intuitive, blue - communication, green - healing, pink - love, yellow - creative/artistic, orange - sensual, red - passion/material. The shade gives an indication of how much someone gives out or keeps hidden, so a very bright shade means someone blurts out too much, medium is balance and dark they keep to much pent up inside.

Question 4 reveals a persons attitude towards sex, if they paint a picture of a beautiful mass of water and dive straight in then they love sex and have few hangups, if they say a muddy puddle and they'd jump in it, then theyre depraved and dirty etc etc.

Question 5 reveals a persons attitude towards death, so basically if they are scared they are scared, interested they are interested etc.

Its good to get as in depth answers as possible to each question and just build links between different answers too, basically the questions illicit enough information to be able to build a framework and then it is up to your intuition to fill in the colourful flesh in between. If you try it on three or four people it becomes really easy to do and it always works and interests anyone i've done it on. Just though i'd share it, like i say it got me talking to this beautiful girl 6 years ago and we are now married, without it I would have probably floundered in ****ty chit chat and she would not be with me now.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:13 AM
ljepotica

Hey dreamer,

I like these questions-what a great idea!!

The answers I chose for myself actually do describe how I am like as a person rather accurately so I think it's worth while trying the questions out on others.

Thanks for that!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Master
What a wonderful set of questions! Thank you for sharing them with us!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 12-12-2006, 01:12 PM
dreamer

No worries, it's always good to have a party trick.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
rose

great! i'll pass these onto my single friends. thankyou for sharing this :)
Old 13-12-2006, 09:27 AM
soulauraz

Thanks for sharing These questions really work amazing.
Old 13-12-2006, 09:53 AM
dreamer

There good huh, you will amaze people if you do it on them, especially strangers - like you've got psychic abilities LOL.
Old 13-12-2006, 06:46 PM
celtic_cutty

I so enjoyed that...Great party trick
Old 14-12-2006, 09:42 AM
deltawaves

These are really good questions. I did them too and they are very revealing:> thanks heaps for the enlightenment!!!!
Closed Thread