Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Philip

Color After What?

In one very important respect this question misses the mark.

For there to be an afterlife there must have been a determinate life before it. This can not be so. We have never actually left anything and therefore we cannot return to anything.

There is only one moment in which we exist and that is the eternal moment of NOW. This means that we can neither leave some previous life to come here, nor can we leave here to go somewhere else. Our apparent manifestation here is merely a way of consciously experiencing in terms of 'other' what we in fact we already know but only find fulfillment in our conscious awareness of that thing that we are.

If enlightenment brings us anything it is the experiential awareness that we have no beginning and we have no end. We are.

It is like one of those moments that I think we all have experienced of being lost to time and drifting off in a thought or image. For the duration of that process we may feel as though we have 'died' to our life and only 'live' again when it reaches its' conclusion. In that state someone may speak to us and it does not register (or apparently doesn't) -- like when some teacher in school was droning on about something and all awareness that they were even speaking was lost to us.

Such is our manifestation here, save in one important respect. Through a process of developing awareness we can, even in that stupor that most of us call life, begin to hear the voice of the spirit coming through. And, rather like tuning in a radio, we can with continuance 'tune' more and more clearly to our truth.

To speak of an "afterlife" is to negate the eternal quality of our being and will cause us to go seeking for a solution in 'other' when all the time we are in fact our own solution.

This does not mean that we are all in search of exactly the same aspect as everone else. Each of us has a different aspect as our goal and this means that we can each say:-
"Mine is not a better way. Mine is merely another way."

Old 20-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Roo

Thanks for the reminder, Philip.
Old 21-12-2006, 02:45 PM
spiritalk

Check out these studies:
http://www.survivalafterdeath.org
http://www.openmindsciences.com
http://www.iands.org
http://www.horizon-research.co.uk

God bless, J
Old 24-12-2006, 07:35 AM
pokeyjo11

Phillip,
WOW! Well spoken,
Thank You,
pj11
Old 25-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

We are not these aging bodies, we are the eternal energies that animate them.. it isn't an "after-life", it is a continuous eternal existence, punctuated as physical manifestations from time to time.. or so my experiences reveal to me.. there may be contrary experiences, but i am currently comfortable with my understandings as stated.. it is consistent with science and common sense..

Be well..

Very well said...

AM
Old 25-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
if you mean why i believed that life will go on after physical death? yea of course i have reasons, aside from gut feelings. one of the reasons is what i don't believed. i don't believe that consciousness is emergent to the brain. intelligence is a separate entity from matter and pre-existent. intelligence comes from the mind, mind is alive. it has the ability to organize matter to spawn life and make it self concious and aware. (through us of course.)

but the diggest reason is that to believe otherwise is to simply say that life is one big futily. which ain't INTELLIGENT.

Very well said as well!

AM
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 PM
VelocityKendo

I think that there is an afterlife because of the M Theory (String theory improved by Edward Witten) and the plurivers theory which is closely related to the M theory.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
cweiters

Velocity would you please expand on these theories for us? I know nothing of nither one of them.

Love to all
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityKendo
I think that there is an afterlife because of the M Theory (String theory improved by Edward Witten) and the plurivers theory which is closely related to the M theory.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
VelocityKendo

With great pleasure cweiters. To sum up and to bring the M-theory into a general use (because it is a very complex theory ..a PhD in cosmology would be needed to fully understand it), it is a theory which says that there are many universes contained in what scientists call branes. Furthermore, according to some scientists, notably Dr. Crichton, it would be possible to be in several universes at the time if big-scale teleportation was mastered. Thus, from mathematical calculus which I have carried out, I have come to the conslusion that in a (o, vector(i), vector(j), vector(k), vector(l)) plane, a point x (which would stand for a human) would automatically end up either in the same universe, or in another one. It is hard to explain but easy to understand mathematically with calculations of probabilities.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
cweiters

Interesting

Please tell me this VelocityK., must teleportation be a skilled action or do you feel it possible to travel these universes throught faith alone?

Love to all
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityKendo
With great pleasure cweiters. To sum up and to bring the M-theory into a general use (because it is a very complex theory ..a PhD in cosmology would be needed to fully understand it), it is a theory which says that there are many universes contained in what scientists call branes. Furthermore, according to some scientists, notably Dr. Crichton, it would be possible to be in several universes at the time if big-scale teleportation was mastered. Thus, from mathematical calculus which I have carried out, I have come to the conslusion that in a (o, vector(i), vector(j), vector(k), vector(l)) plane, a point x (which would stand for a human) would automatically end up either in the same universe, or in another one. It is hard to explain but easy to understand mathematically with calculations of probabilities.
Closed Thread