Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Confusing “Bumps” in the Night

Hi all,

I am new here and this is my first post so I hope I am in the right place for my inquiry.

Early last week, I was just drifting off to sleep and my bed began to shake. It wasn’t a vibration, I wasn’t “jolted” awake, it was as if someone was pushing vigorously on my mattress. At first I had thought I had startled myself, despite the feeling being completely foreign. But then it happened 4 more times that night. It was like something was trying to keep me awake.

On Friday, I woke up one minute before my alarm was due to go off from someone yelling “hey!” No one was there. I live alone.

I often hear loud noises that wake me up in my sleep. It sounds like someone is trying to break into my apartment. Again, I have some mice and have always assumed they were playing and I had misunderstood the noise.

This last week has really piqued my curiosity so I am reaching out to see if anyone out there can give me some insight on this.

Thank you!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Knower

They seem to gather when its at a cause of events to follow.
they stay away from my affairs I am aware of what they get up to.
At the end of the day You all exist to gather for the beginnings of passing that simply end this intrigues them. I could simply have you say what is simple to those you have intrigued

The grandeur of your existence is greater then their interest in you
Old 09-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Knower

Never think ill to what is untold to know is to be forth to the desire of those whom believe what is a greater sense above all whom wish to be free
Old 10-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Seeker

Howdy, Jessicaelle

I've experienced similar things, though I'm not sure if sharing them will help you feel at ease or uncomfortable.

Bed shaking, I've experienced exactly twice in my life. Both times, I was wide awake and conscious and whatnot.

The first time, I was in my parents' bedroom on the bed watching TV while they were off to visit the neighbors. The bed began shaking. It felt like a cat was on it, scratching at its ear with its hind leg... that sort of shake. It would stop and start. I still have no explanation. As a disclaimer, other weird stuff happened in that house. Not poltergeist level, but pretty terrifying for a child.

The second time, it was the result of feeling the Mexico City earthquake last year (I live in Texas). It wasn't a violent shaking, by any means, but noticeable and perfectly natural.

As for the, "HEY!" That could very well be nothing more than neurons misfiring as you're drifting off to sleep and the brain is transitioning. There is science regarding things like that, the explanation similar to why we jolt awake or jerk our limbs as we're falling asleep; which tends to happen to me in the form of my brain slipping into a quick dream where I trip over something, then next thing I know my body reacts as if I'm actually falling and jerks me awake.

However...

At my dad's house, I experienced something very similar at the start of what would become a fairly awful experience spread out over a few years. I'd awakened pretty early one weekend. Being a teenager, I wasn't having that and really wanted to just go back to sleep, but couldn't. Instead, I just lay in bed being lazy, going over how I'd like to spend my day. When, out of nowhere, there is this loud, booming, "BOO!"

Being a teenager and it being the 90s, I had a toy called an Echo Mic, which I kept atop my headboard. It sounded like someone yelled "BOO!" as loudly as possible into that thing.

Naturally, this scared all that was cute and fluffy right out of me and I jolted upright and was legit done with being in my room that day.

Since then, now that I'm older, I've had other experiences that haven't left me feeling threatened. I don't know if it's because I'm older and so over being poked at, or if it's because the things trying to get my attention aren't of the jerk variety.

So I'm curious how these experiences leave you feeling, because I want to say angels or spirit guides wouldn't be as intrusive as interrupting your sleep through yelling and shaking things. However, I am not an expert here, I just know what I've experienced in my life.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the feedback and sharing. The shaking unnerved me a little bit but I was ultimately left feeling okay. In the last place I lived at, at night you would hear sounds, like somebody was walking into the bathroom regularly. I thought it was just me, but my boyfriend at the time, who is very much a skeptic said that he would hear it as well. I guess living with that for so long has left me with little discomfort.

When this happened in my bedroom, I did a lot of research on logical reasons why something like this would occur. And I did see that it is potentially a neurological thing. However, I had an unsettled feeling in my gut about it so I thought I would reach out and see if anyone out there had any insight. Sounds like it’s probably just a neurological thing.