Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Pathfinder

Is this an amethyst point?

Hi all,
Just wondering if this point is amethyst or something different?
Added in smaller crystal just for fun :)

Old 20-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Pathfinder

What do these crystal bring with their healing abilities? Luck? Fortune? Peace?.... Would like to know how to properly use them!
Thanks for any info!
Old 20-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmetal
What do these crystal bring with their healing abilities? Luck? Fortune? Peace?.... Would like to know how to properly use them!
Thanks for any info!

I love Amethyst, she's a powerhouse pretty much.

From crystalsandjewelry.com

Crystal Meanings Lore of Amethyst

Keywords: Psychic, Sobriety

Amethyst is a meditative and calming stone which works in the emotional, spiritual, and physical planes to promote calm, balance, and peace. It is also used to eliminate impatience.

Amethyst is used as beneficial when dealing with legal problems and money issues, which can lead to prosperity and abundance, though it is not the best known prosperity stone.

In the psychic and spiritual realms, amethyst is an excellent all-purpose stone that can increase spirituality and enhance intuition and psychic powers of all kinds. It does this by making a clear connection between the earth plane and other planes and worlds. Amethyst is also excellent for meditation and lucid dreaming. It is used to open one's channels to telepathy, past life regression, clairaudience, clairvoyance, and communication with angels. Amethyst also protects against psychic attacks, especially during spiritual work.

Amethyst is not only a psychic protection stone, but is also used to protect one from thieves, and to protects travelers.

Emotionally, amethyst is used in crystal healing to help heal personal losses and grief, bringing one gently past. Amethyst has a gently sedative energy that can promote peacefulness, happiness, and contentment. It also is said to bring emotional stability and inner strength. This stability and strength not only helps one hold firm in one's life, but it can enhance flexibility and cooperation. To be flexible at need is a sure sign of strength.

Amethyst is very well known -- as from the ancients -- as a sobriety stone. It has been used for millenia to prevent drunkenness, and is used to assist in getting rid of addictions to alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc, and destructive compulsive behaviors of all kinds.

Physically amethyst is said by spiritual healers and mystical lore to heal the withdrawal symptoms of any sort of addiction, help with headaches, insomnia, arthritis, diabetes, pain relief, circulatory system issues, endocrine system problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, immune system deficiencies, asthma, phobias, pregnancy and preventing miscarriage, menopause, PMS, and general healing.

Note that healing crystal meanings are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information.

Amethyst is associated with the third eye and crown chakras primarily, but can also open the heart chakra. It is also associated with both air and water elements.

As a variety of quartz, amethyst has the energies inherent in quartz, as well as its own unique vibration.

More on Amethyst, from My Personal Perspective

Amethyst is a crystal whose energy can be multi-faceted. It can be as gentle as a petal or as wild as a storm. Many seem to see it as always gentle and calming. It certainly can be. Amethyst is a type of quartz, though, full of all the energy and power of its parent stone. Don't hesitate to use Amethyst when great power is needed. It can bring in that energy with both force and balance.

Hardness (Mohs): 7
Color(s): Purple in various shades, Violet
Lustre: Vitreous
Transparency: Transparent/Translucent
Common Locations: Brazil, Africa

Rock Lore & Tidbits: Amethyst is a purple quartz believed by the ancient Romans to prevent drunkenness. The word amethyst comes from the Greek word "amethystus" meaning not drunken, or intoxicated.

Amethyst is a purple quartz. Crushed amethyst was used by the AncientGreeks and Romans as a way to ward off intoxication. One story is told that partly this was due to the fact that the Romans sometimes put amethyst in their wine. Then the wine could be watered down and still retain its purple color from the stones within. That meant less alcohol, and thus, less intoxication. Both the Greeks and Romans made drinking cups of amethyst and wore talismans of amethyst to prevent intoxication.

There is a Greek legend of how amethyst got its purple color. Once Dionysus was so annoyed by Artemis that he set his sacred tigers upon a maiden attending her shrine. To preserve the maiden, whose name was Amethyst, Artemis petrified her in sparkling quartz. Lamenting this virgin's demise, Dionysus poured a the contents of his cup over the statue, which immediately became infused with the purple of the grape.

Old 20-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmetal
Hi all,
Just wondering if this point is amethyst or something different?
Added in smaller crystal just for fun :)

Hi There MissMetal!

Beautiful pieces you have there. The point looks a little like Chevron Amethyst.
Does it have any other colours in it, like green or blue? It looks a little like Fluorite also, but that may just be a reflection I'm seeing.
Old 21-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSage
Hi There MissMetal!

Beautiful pieces you have there. The point looks a little like Chevron Amethyst.
Does it have any other colours in it, like green or blue? It looks a little like Fluorite also, but that may just be a reflection I'm seeing.

I think you are correct :) I have looked up "purple fluorite" and it is exactly that!!! (however i believe the smaller crystal is amethyst??)
Thank you for trying to identifying this piece for me!
Old 21-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Beautiful crystals missmetal! I'm a rock hound myself lol. The smaller one looks like an amethyst cluster and the larger one does look like a purple flourite. I'm so jelly :)
Old 21-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticAngel
Beautiful crystals missmetal! I'm a rock hound myself lol. The smaller one looks like an amethyst cluster and the larger one does look like a purple flourite. I'm so jelly :)

Thank you for letting me know what the crystals are, they surely are pretty!
Old 21-01-2017, 03:33 AM
Guide
Oh yes, purple flourite :) We *heart* flourite in this house!!