Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 24-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Pathfinder
Thoughts

Consider this, if Duality is the act of creating a separation of 'things' in the mind then just as all dual natures have 'things' in the process of duality where is the part of you that is the act of combination?

Be the catalyst for change inside yourself, you are your experience.
Old 26-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Master
"where is the part of you that is the act of combination?"
that is not a "part"; it hasn't been separated out from anything else...
it is the whole of me that contains all of the parts.
love is the force of attraction; it is the glue that holds everything together,
and it is the essence of life.
Old 27-10-2016, 04:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeOfWhite
Consider this, if Duality is the act of creating a separation of 'things' in the mind then just as all dual natures have 'things' in the process of duality where is the part of you that is the act of combination?

I think you mean the true self. You need the duality to find it.
Old 27-10-2016, 07:06 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I think you mean the true self. You need the duality to find it.

Hi vespa, thanks, that is good. It even has a theodicy built in if we think about it ( "thinking about it" not always a good thing but it has its place )

W H Auden wrote that "the garden is the only place there is but we shall not find it until we have searched everywhere and found nowhere that is not a desert".

We can get lost in the search, and even become satisfied with it, but the garden IS the only place there is.

Thanks again.
Old 27-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeOfWhite

If I take this sentence as it is, I would have to say; in a circle of approximately 8 meters around you, known as the 'Merkaba'. But that is very literal.
More correct for me to say is; even in a world where Duality exists, you don't necessarily separate. It is always a choice. People separate to survive. And they can continue with that if they like, or they can choose to come together and see that everything is connected.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Seeker

Well said William, very interesting point
Old 02-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Master
Hmmm...hmmm...

Maybe the whole catalyst is what I choose my experience to be.

Case in point, from my 'anger files' where duality exists in all its glory.

I get 15-20 advertising/sales spam calls per day from offshore places like Sri Lanka because our 'do not call' register has no legality or jurisdiction over there...oh yes, I am not stupid.

I do feel a certain degree of sympathy for them, I guess...unemployment as high as it is over there and they need to eat...and large corporations take advantage of that...oh yes...double benefit...they can evade laws AND save money...but they don't train them very well.

They cannot speak a word of English apart from everything they have been taught by rote and repetition in regards to "congratulations you have won a new laptop" gets met with "what will be my financial outlay over the next 24 months to get a 'free laptop?" followed by me saying "no thanks, bye bye and PLEASE do not call me ever again...pretty please?"

After them ignoring me for two weeks and phoning me, it became "eff off" and finally I just hang up on them, treating people as no more than a 'spam e-mail' some kind of robotic adbot would generate and hanging up immediately without a word....and all our ego can ever be is an 'observer' or a 'witness'.

So, to ease my suffering I go and watch The Matrix again...

....yeah...duality...
Old 03-11-2016, 01:57 AM
Ascender

The mind does not separate; it joins things together-- In order for nothing to be separate, everything must be extremely separated; in order to join unity, everything must be different-- Otherwise, there would be nothing to separate; because you would only think of thing, if you even had thoughts-- So that, we appear to be separate heading towards unity; but that we are unified, heading towards separation; because duality can only fail us, if we are joining things together thinking we are separating them; than we do not recognize that we are going all kinds of backwards and forwards simultaneously; because if joining appears to be separating; but separation does not appear to work; than we can only be doing the opposite of what we appear to be doing, aiming for the opposite of the appearance, when the opposite of the opposite of that appearance is the hidden way-- So that, as we think we are separate and struggle for unity; we do not realize that are unity struggling for separation; because no order of life would support a coherent system of laws, that supported the commonality of all people, but banished the differences-- And this world cause everyone to act in a way, where no one actually understood the spirit of the person, because every person in spirit was just trying to get along; so that all love, ever loved, did not love but the face out of vanity, with rare glimpses of a deeper mask of a person who does not know themselves-- So that we haven't loved each other, but the person they thought themselves to be; and they joined everything in the spirit of understanding, but no understanding could occur; so unless someone arranges themselves in accordance with their intentions, and this intention was true; that no one could be considered separate, cuz one has not in actuality met another person, but the formation of a convergence, who yet to become someone that isn't based on everything else; and so that is isn't separate, that is the very puppet on a string; until your thoughts are aligned with your intentions, you can not be thinking as you; and you cannot unite the fragments of separate choices, except for the choice that they would all make; so that you cannot surrender, except to yourself, and that we cannot have order, until every choice is supported which is to our self in a greater way--
Old 21-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Newbie ;)

The true Self is everything and nothing at the same time. A paradox the mind cannot comprehend. But the answer on how this IS, can be known trough direct experience.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

it is in your true authentic self. in other words, self-valuation and negative mind-thoughts "drama" should be erased. your own life force will make you fulfilled and resilient to duality.