Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Pathfinder
Maha mantra

Hello,

I used to chant "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna..." and it was giving me a great joy; at some point I stopped practising.

Nowdays, when I chant it nothing happens. Is it possible that I have insulted Krishna, He doesn't respond to my prayers.

What do you thing I should do ?
Old 23-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Eelco

Poor all of your heart into it.
Let it consume you.

For me singing a Mantra is devotion towards. Not neccisarilly gaining something in return.

It`s taken me 23 years to re-discover exactly that.
Now singing is joyous again..

With Love
Eelco
Old 23-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Poor all of your heart into it.
Let it consume you.

For me singing a Mantra is devotion towards. Not neccisarilly gaining something in return.

It`s taken me 23 years to re-discover exactly that.
Now singing is joyous again..

With Love
Eelco

Thanks for your post! I actually sing the mantra often :) And I try to do it with my heart in it...

Well... "patience it a virtue";
Old 23-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Master
Namaste.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=121868
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=122042

You are expecting results without doing two things:

1. Not paying any heed to your elders and ancestors who are instructing you &
2. Not surrendering...doing your worship and sadhana only 'half-heartedly', with the desire that you are going to get something from it! and no, you are not insulting Krishna, you are insulting yourself!

However, I have just come off the 'pointy end' of some PM's by young Hindus wanting God to do this/that for them and saying "how many Lakhs should I chant until I get Moksha?" and I am like "however many it takes!" for you see, in this world of 'instant gratification', this unfortunately has also extended to spiritual practice and people want samadhi yesterday!

If you (or others) don't have the commitment, the patience, the time, the inclination, the devotion, as unfortunate as it is, it's best just to stop kidding yourself and everybody else and to live the life of a grihasta or a person who doesn't believe in God...an Atheist. It will save you a lot of time and heartache in the long run.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 23-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Pathfinder
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=121868
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=122042

You are expecting results without doing two things:

1. Not paying any heed to your elders and ancestors who are instructing you &
2. Not surrendering...doing your worship and sadhana only 'half-heartedly', with the desire that you are going to get something from it! and no, you are not insulting Krishna, you are insulting yourself!

However, I have just come off the 'pointy end' of some PM's by young Hindus wanting God to do this/that for them and saying "how many Lakhs should I chant until I get Moksha?" and I am like "however many it takes!" for you see, in this world of 'instant gratification', this unfortunately has also extended to spiritual practice and people want samadhi yesterday!

If you (or others) don't have the commitment, the patience, the time, the inclination, the devotion, as unfortunate as it is, it's best just to stop kidding yourself and everybody else and to live the life of a grihasta or a person who doesn't believe in God...an Atheist. It will save you a lot of time and heartache in the long run.

Om Namah Shivaya

Hello, Shivani Devi ! - I get your point. It is true that I have personal needs that I pray for, but I also want relatonship with Krishna and I want Him in my life; this is true. I try to serve Him in most of the moments of the day...The thing is that I actually like Him, if you understand.My spiritual journey started five years ago, I have a lot to learn and discover. :)

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 23-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
Hello, Shivani Devi ! - I get your point. It is true that I have personal needs that I pray for, but I also want relatonship with Krishna and I want Him in my life; this is true. I try to serve Him in most of the moments of the day...The thing is that I actually like Him, if you understand.My spiritual journey started five years ago, I have a lot to learn and discover. :)

Thanks for the heads up!
Okay, so you like Krishna...I 'like' Krishna too...I like Krishna a LOT, but the truth is, I love Shiva, and as blunt as it may sound, just 'liking' a deity, isn't really going to cut it, unfortunately...and this is one of those things which you can learn the easy way, or the hard way....and to chant a mantra, to immerse yourself in Bhakti, means that God is more important to you than your next breath and in that case, trust is paramount, in that you must trust that Krishna has all of your 'personal needs' covered, even though you may fail to notice it on the level of ego...and you will also begin to understand there's more to me than who I seem or appear to be on here.
Old 23-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Okay, so you like Krishna...I 'like' Krishna too...I like Krishna a LOT, but the truth is, I love Shiva, and as blunt as it may sound, just 'liking' a deity, isn't really going to cut it, unfortunately...and this is one of those things which you can learn the easy way, or the hard way....and to chant a mantra, to immerse yourself in Bhakti, means that God is more important to you than your next breath and in that case, trust is paramount, in that you must trust that Krishna has all of your 'personal needs' covered, even though you may fail to notice it on the level of ego...and you will also begin to understand there's more to me than who I seem or appear to be on here.

I said "like Him" and that is the right word. I haven't felt LOVE yet for Him; But I know I'm close; nevermind.

... You sound kinda angry, please excuse my ignorance.

Peace!
Old 23-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I said "like Him" and that is the right word. I haven't felt LOVE yet for Him; But I know I'm close; nevermind.

... You sound kinda angry, please excuse my ignorance.

Peace!
Namaste and peace to you as well.

I'm not angry, but I am doing the whole 'tough love' thing, especially when you didn't give any comment, not even saying 'thank you for your post' when I responded to your 'keeping the faith' thread, even totally opening my heart up for you in the process...so maybe you can understand why I may 'sound angry'. I am just like a loving parent being stern with their child...so maybe now you can appreciate all this and see the 'bigger picture' here.

Everything is Krishna...and if you see Him in the aspect of Keshava (my favourite), HE is the one who takes the reigns of all 5 horses...being the Karmendriyas (the senses)...HE is the one who gives Arjuna a rest and lets Arjuna (the mind) take a backseat to HIS Divine Will!

So...when Draupadi (wife of the Pandavas) was shamed by Duryodhana after him winning her in a game of dice...Draupadi was having her menses and Duryodhana wanted her to strip naked before his court and she refused.

Duryodhana then got his guards and soldiers to go and forcibly remove her sari...she was frantically praying to Lord Hari...I LOVE you! I surrender to you! don't let the guards do this!...the problem was that Draupadi only had ONE hand up in surrender, while the other hand was firmly clutching her sari...so, Krishna could not do anything because she was still 'holding on'...still trying to control things...praying to Him to have her personal needs met.

It was only when Draupadi raised BOTH hands in the air...saying "I am yours, my Lord...if it is Your will, let them strip me naked...thus I fully give myself and my ALL in your loving service"...and then Krishna could step in...and He became her infinite sari...it was totally endless...so no matter how much the guards tugged, pulled and removed her garments, there was still more...and even more...eventually, they gave up.

So Duryodhana said to Draupadi "come, sit on my lap then" and Draupadi cursed Duryodhana saying that his "lap" would be the death of him...and of course, Bhima saw to that during the Mahabharat war...and I could go on, but I won't.
Old 23-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Pathfinder
Red face

Quote:
Namaste and peace to you as well.

I'm not angry, but I am doing the whole 'tough love' thing, especially when you didn't give any comment, not even saying 'thank you for your post' when I responded to your 'keeping the faith' thread, even totally opening my heart up for you in the process...so maybe you can understand why I may 'sound angry'. I am just like a loving parent being stern with their child...so maybe now you can appreciate all this and see the 'bigger picture' here.

Everything is Krishna...and if you see Him in the aspect of Keshava (my favourite), HE is the one who takes the reigns of all 5 horses...being the Karmendriyas (the senses)...HE is the one who gives Arjuna a rest and lets Arjuna (the mind) take a backseat to HIS Divine Will!

So...when Draupadi (wife of the Pandavas) was shamed by Duryodhana after him winning her in a game of dice...Draupadi was having her menses and Duryodhana wanted her to strip naked before his court and she refused.

Duryodhana then got his guards and soldiers to go and forcibly remove her sari...she was frantically praying to Lord Hari...I LOVE you! I surrender to you! don't let the guards do this!...the problem was that Draupadi only had ONE hand up in surrender, while the other hand was firmly clutching her sari...so, Krishna could not do anything because she was still 'holding on'...still trying to control things...praying to Him to have her personal needs met.

It was only when Draupadi raised BOTH hands in the air...saying "I am yours, my Lord...if it is Your will, let them strip me naked...thus I fully give myself and my ALL in your loving service"...and then Krishna could step in...and He became her infinite sari...it was totally endless...so no matter how much the guards tugged, pulled and removed her garments, there was still more...and even more...eventually, they gave up.

So Duryodhana said to Draupadi "come, sit on my lap then" and Draupadi cursed Duryodhana saying that his "lap" would be the death of him...and of course, Bhima saw to that during the Mahabharat war...and I could go on, but I won't.

Om for you !

Thank you for your response on my other topic- I just saw it for the first time !

Thank you for your participation in this threat, too! From Bhagavat Gita I read a quote, something like , "He who sees me in everything anf sees everything in me, I will never turn my eyes away from them..." it is not the exact quote...But similar. I see Him in everything, God is in every atom...

I get the meaning of the story, it is very interesting. I've downloaded Bhagavat Gita, but still haven't started to read it.

When you say there's more in you than it appear...I've seen some posts of yours and I kinda agree with that statement.

I guess I just have to surrender to Krishna. There' s some kind of uncertanty in me deep inside,holding me back; my fate is not stable. It is a long path, and patience should be developed. However, feel free to share your knowledge , I will appriciate it.

Om!
Old 23-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Om for you !

Thank you for your response on my other topic- I just saw it for the first time !

Thank you for your participation in this threat, too! From Bhagavat Gita I read a quote, something like , "He who sees me in everything anf sees everything in me, I will never turn my eyes away from them..." it is not the exact quote...But similar. I see Him in everything, God is in every atom...

I get the meaning of the story, it is very interesting. I've downloaded Bhagavat Gita, but still haven't started to read it.

When you say there's more in you than it appear...I've seen some posts of yours and I kinda agree with that statement.

I guess I just have to surrender to Krishna. There' s some kind of uncertanty in me deep inside,holding me back; my fate is not stable. It is a long path, and patience should be developed. However, feel free to share your knowledge , I will appriciate it.

Om!
Om Shanti to you as well.

I'm glad this worked out, as it did and we both can appreciate each other's perspectives now.

For you see, I have studied the Bhagavad Gita in the whole context of the Mahabharata - of which the Bhagavad Gita forms only the smallest fraction...and of course, I've also studied the Ramayana, the Bhagavatam, the Puranas, the Vedas, the Agamas and the Upanishads......not to boast or anything, of course...just to let you know...and to let you know I'm also a purohit who lives and breathes this glorious religion and so, as per your request, I shall happily share this knowledge with you as the need arises, because it is not mine...it belongs to Valmiki, Tulsidas, Shankara, Sanjaya, Yâgñavalkya etc etc.

यो मां पश्यति सर्वत्र सर्वं च मयि पश्यति |
तस्याहं न प्रणश्यामि स च मे न प्रणश्यति || 30||

yo māṁ paśhyati sarvatra sarvaṁ cha mayi paśhyati
tasyāhaṁ na praṇaśhyāmi sa cha me na praṇaśhyati

I really like that picture you posted as well.