Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Bear with me on this :) Having tinnitus you spend most of you time just living with it and kinda blocking it out. The last thing you want to do is concentrate on it or listen around/through/over it believe me it would drive you nuts! I think the its when the sound hits your heart, thats when you should listen.

Orbie... It may be you have tinnitus, or it may be that you have been diagnosed for it by the medical profession which doesn't know of the inner sound.

Either way, resisting anything will make it more intense and worse.

Until we learn to listen openly it won't reach the heart in our awareness. The sound and subtle vibration is already there and we merely notice it through allowing and listening, wherever and however we experience it.

Xan

Old 23-03-2011, 07:05 AM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Toning is the practice of allowing one's voice to express fully and spontaneously through a range of non-verbal vowel tones. Through these sounds an extraordinary resonance occurs in the body and brain for physical healing and emotional well-being. When one focuses in becoming one with the tones, the results for elevated consciousness are extraordinary.

I used to do this at work-- at the time, I figured it was the only way to pray. I figured, "You know what I'm trying to say and feel and get better than I do right now, God/ Universe, so I'm just going to hum notes at you." It does feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
I should also mention our later work with channeled ET walk-ins, who introduced us to 'toning' , which is vocalizing focused bursts of sound . I have had many dreams where the toning and the sounds I'm hearing are all intertwined in energy. This was in the early 90's , and they helped wean me off of the guru cult and away from all external authorities and groups (in spiritual matters). That was very important (tangent...)

It is a very personal and unique thing. It feels very binding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Particularly enjoyable is that brief threshold before sleep, or if one is good at mind control with meditation (not exactly my specialty ) .

I'm trying to get better at this using Phasing.
Old 23-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Orbie... It may be you have tinnitus, or it may be that you have been diagnosed for it by the medical profession which doesn't know of the inner sound.

Either way, resisting anything will make it more intense and worse.

Until we learn to listen openly it won't reach the heart in our awareness. The sound and subtle vibration is already there and we merely notice it through allowing and listening, wherever and however we experience it.

Xan

Hi Xan

I do have tinnitus and am very hard of hearing too. I dont resist it, I meditate and find that helpful. Just sharing my experience that for those with tinnitus listening to it wont help it will make it worse. Perhaps ignoring it is my way of getting beyond it. I say this will no disrespect to the the advice you offer :)
Old 23-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
Wow, alot of info in pdf form ----what a find.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Xan

I do have tinnitus and am very hard of hearing too. I dont resist it, I meditate and find that helpful. Just sharing my experience that for those with tinnitus listening to it wont help it will make it worse. Perhaps ignoring it is my way of getting beyond it. I say this will no disrespect to the the advice you offer :)

Yes well, I was going to say that when a loud noise persists in the ear to the degree that a noisy street is preferable to a quiet park then there probably is something weird going on in the inner ear.

My friend used to have the radio going all the time, and pretty loudly too, so I asked why his radio was always so damn loud, and he said it's cos he has a loud sound in his ears. He got it surfing when a wave crached hard into the side of his head, his ear started ringing and just didn't stop.

For most people if they listen for it they'll find a quiet sound which is there continuously, and they may direct their attention on that sound... when the mind settles on that sound the listener notices more and more complexity in it and it becomes quite the amazing thing.
Old 23-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Knower

I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus. Always said if someone wants to get through to me they are going to need neon signs and a loudddd speaker!!
Old 23-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus. Always said if someone wants to get through to me they are going to need neon signs and a loudddd speaker!!

Oh yeah? So yours is better without noise...

The quiet place... I think one is best served by the meditation practice... There are three primary things which occur with no effort at all on your part: The sound in your head, the darkness in front of you (eyes closed) and sensations in the body.

It sounds to me that the the sound in your head is not your preferred option, leaving two.

Personally I only advise the breath meditation,... as I wrote in the begin meditating thread, because I only talk about the first step, where to start, and it is the simplest, so people find it easy and notice it working in the first ten minutes they practice.... and it's useful in daily life's emotions etc.
Old 23-03-2011, 01:37 PM
chinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You can say that again.
[]
_/\_
Chinu
Old 23-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wow, alot of info in pdf form ----what a find.
if you liked the Radhasoami texts, you may like this one too, an early Christian text that was found and translated, and it too speaks of the Light and Sound of God, a subject that was all but left out of the Bible with the exception of Acts 2:2...
http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace4.html
The Essene Gospel Of Peace
Book Four
The Teachings of the Elect
The Original Hebrew and Aramaic Texts
Translated and edited by
EDMOND BORDEAUX SZEKELY
MCMLXXXI
INTERNATIONAL BIOGENIC SOCIETY
Book Design by Golondrina Graohics
Copyright @ 1981, by the Internation, Blogenic Society
Printed In the United States of America-All Rights Reserved
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
...it too speaks of the Light and Sound of God, a subject that was all but left out of the Bible with the exception of Acts 2:2...

You know there is a list of many references in the Old and New Testaments, actually.
Now where is that list? Oh yes, I saw it once and clicked it off the screen.

The sound of rushing waters, yes, the rushing mighty wind of Acts 2:2, if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light Luke 11:36 KJV only, the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world, and his voice is the sound of many waters Rev 1:15, the trumpet shall sound (a biggy for me as a child),
(Lots of trumpet references w/ angels all over), Ps 89:15 is cool bcause it speaks of his sounds and also the light of his countenance - you know the face of God that Jacob saw and still survived and called the place Penuel -ie, pinial gland - Gen 32:30...

Too many to list!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread