Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are two sides to the argument of calling oneself God. One argument is that it is the truth and it is wise, while the other argument is that it is false and it is foolish.

I suspect that there is an element of truth to both arguments. If you take each argument and make both of them both less definite then you end up with two conditional or partially true statements.

In this case the argument will go - it *can* be true and wise to call oneself God; but it is not always. And it *can* be false and foolish to call oneself God; but it is not always.

Christ had the right approach in my opinion. He was not dogmatic about calling Himself God. He took the gentle approach and referred to Himself as the Son of God. He stated that He and God were One.

I will be honest and state that I find Christ's definition of Himself as the Son of God a bit too extreme. I would state myself as only being a *part* of God. I feel that Christ may have over stepped the mark.

However that is just my own feeling on the matter.

There are many reasons why I AM God. But there are also many reasons why I AM not God. It is finding the sense between all the logical arguments for and against being God that is the difficult part.

Jesus reportedly said "I and the Father are one and the same" (John 10:30) but also added that "The Father is greater than I" (John 12:28). That is completely understandable.

I often use the dream analogy to understand these statements since "man is made in the image of God" and the dream process aptly is very analogous to the process of creation. In a dream, a whole universe suddenly appears in our consciousness as the one becomes many in an instant (Big Bang ). Each dream-object can legitimately say that "I and the Father (Creator, Dreamer) are one and the same" with the obvious addendum that the "Father (Dreamer in this case) is greater than I (the little dream-object)".

Each dream-object can legitimately claim to be a "son" of the Dream-Creator.

I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but it helped me to understand in some way the statements of Jesus relevant to his relationship with God the "Father". Feel free to question the analogy as I'm open to contrary points of view.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

Something to consider is that it was possibly common at that time and place for younger men to speak of going about their fathers business, as representing their father, as being of one mind with their father, and acknowledged as such.

If god is love, then whoever joins in the way of loving is similarly representative. Also--"I am the way" is an identification of how, and "----except through me" is about following that way. And again, " by their fruits you shall know them" is a guide to the identification of followers/sympathisers based on how.

The concept of love as how being pivotal seems often lost in the understandable interest in the who. pete
Old 22-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Experiencer

I am not God-I may be created in the image of God, but there is only 1 God

John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

One must repent of sin-confess Jesus as Lord-and believe He is the Savior of the world-to be reconcilied to God.

no human being is God.
Old 23-10-2018, 03:22 AM
Master
We have two sides of the argument going on here. Those who feel it is truth and wise to call oneself God and those who feel it is false and foolish to call oneself God. What a great divide.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 23-10-2018, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
We have two sides of the argument going on here. Those who feel it is truth and wise to call oneself God and those who feel it is false and foolish to call oneself God. What a great divide.

If you don't see everything as a argument or a divide then you will see " Individuality in oneness "
Old 23-10-2018, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
I am not God-I may be created in the image of God, but there is only 1 God

John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

One must repent of sin-confess Jesus as Lord-and believe He is the Savior of the world-to be reconcilied to God.

no human being is God.

Which is right, John 6:44 or John 14:6? Or is it a catch 22

Or mybe Ephesians 2:18, or John 10:9, so many different versions that have the same message....
Old 23-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Experiencer

no its not a catch 22 they are saying the same thing
Old 23-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
I will be honest and state that I find Christ's definition of Himself as the Son of God a bit too extreme. I would state myself as only being a *part* of God. I feel that Christ may have over stepped the mark.
This is wisdom. We are all part of God. We are all sons and daughters of God.

And to clarify: it's not Christ, it's Jesus the human being who united with Christ Consciousness. And it's organized religion that stepped the mark, and that turned the story of Jesus' union with Christ into a "one and only son of god" thing.
Old 23-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
no its not a catch 22 they are saying the same thing

You obviously haven't read the verses as they are not saying the same, they are contradicting , but that's ok because they are coming from different people not robots.
Old 23-10-2018, 08:22 PM
boshy b. good

i say it is strong the good way to say we have got god inside of us.
what is god? that unfailing urge to what's right - scribbles the
messages of god inside i agree. what else? good following says
we got god inside i agree. i'm not saying we're god. i'm believing
that. allike light giving itself in the priceless rock. i'm believing that.
i believe in the orderly comfort giving believings of church. i believe
in well fought for religions. i believe in jesus the christ. i believe in
his mercy. i believe in his mercy plan. i believe in buddha for letting
us be the best we can be. i believe Jesus christ king be born of
emanuel the just. i believe in heaven promise. i believe heaven
shall make room for the greater willed of this globe