Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I'm liking mathew 11 right now:

15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Nice quote.

It's amazing how many people have ears, but do not hear what is really being said. Too many hear what they want to hear.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Master
Matthew 19:26

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."
Old 03-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Master
My favorite scripture is Mathew 23:14.

In newer versions of the Bible that recognize this scripture was added later - you find a blank verse.

I reference this blank scripture to one of the blank pages at the end of the Bible where I write:

"Make sure John has plenty of good food to eat."
Old 03-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
My favorite scripture is Mathew 23:14.

In newer versions of the Bible that recognize this scripture was added later - you find a blank verse.

I reference this blank scripture to one of the blank pages at the end of the Bible where I write:

"Make sure John has plenty of good food to eat."

I had to look up the scripture that you noted, as I don't know the quotes by book, chapter, and verse.

Matthew 23:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

That quote is very applicable today in reference to those who know the letter of the law but have not understood or who know what to do but don't practice what they preach.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:24 PM
Master
It's interesting that, among many so-called "Christians", quotes directly attributed to Lord Jesus seem to be of only passing interest while the focus is often elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It's interesting that, among many so-called "Christians", quotes directly attributed to Lord Jesus seem to be of only passing interest while the focus is often elsewhere.

so i would have been a good little boy if I kept playing this game, but since I didn't I'm a bad little boy? (Just curious)
Old 06-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Master

OK guys here is a rare one from a strange but ancient text
From the Pistis Sophia
Because probably most of you wont get to read this work or struggle through it to this point.. its intricate and obsessive to a whole new level
here is this gem
for what its worth - whether you think Jesus really said it or not.. I like this quote:

Now, therefore, amēn, I say unto you: Every man who will receive that mystery of the Ineffable and accomplish it in all its types and all its figures,--he is a man in the world, but he towereth above all angels and will tower still more above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all archangels and will tower still more above |229.them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all tyrants and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all lords and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all gods and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all light-givers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all pure [ones] and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all triple-powers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all forefathers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all invisibles and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the great invisible forefather and will raise himself above him.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all those of the Midst and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the emanations of the Treasury of the Light and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the Mixture |230. and will raise himself entirely above it.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the whole region of the Treasury and will raise himself entirely above it.

"He is a man in the world, but he will rule with me in my kingdom.

"He is a man in the world, but he is king in the Light.

"He is a man in the world, but he is not one of the world.

"And amēn, I say unto you: That man is I and I am that man.

Such souls are one with the First Mystery."And at the dissolution of the world, that is when the universe will be raised up and when the numbering of the perfect souls will be raised up all together, and when I am king in the midst of the last Helper, being king over all the emanations of the Light and king over the seven Amēns and the five Trees and the three Amēns and the nine guards, and being king over the Child of the Child, that is the Twin-saviours, and being king over the twelve saviours and over the whole numbering of the perfect souls who shall receive the mysteries in the Light,--then will all men who shall receive the mysteries in the Ineffable, be fellow-kings with me and will sit on my right and on my left in my kingdom.

"And amēn, I say unto you: Those men are I, and I am they.

"On this account have I said unto you aforetime: 'Ye will sit on your |231. thrones on my right and on my left in my kingdom and will rule with me.'

"On this account, therefore, I have not hesitated nor have I been ashamed to call you my brethren and my companions, because ye will be fellow-kings with me in my kingdom. This, therefore, I say unto you, knowing that I will give you the mystery of the Ineffable; that is: That mystery is I, and I am that mystery.

Of the dignity of the thrones in the kingdom."Now, therefore, not only will ye reign with me, but all men who shall receive the mystery of the Ineffable, will be fellow-kings with me in my kingdom. And I am they, and they are I. But my throne will tower over them. [And] because ye will suffer sorrows in the world beyond all men, until ye herald forth all the words which I shall speak unto you, your thrones shall be joined to mine in my kingdom.

"On this account I have said unto you aforetime: 'Where I shall be, there will be also my twelve ministers.' But Mary Magdalene and John, the virgin, will tower over all my disciples and over all men who shall receive the mysteries in the Ineffable. And they will be on my right and on my left. And I am they, and they are I"
Old 19-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Master
"Before Abraham was, I AM". (John 8:58)
Old 19-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
so i would have been a good little boy if I kept playing this game, but since I didn't I'm a bad little boy? (Just curious)

Not at all. You're fine exactly as you are.

However, if one claims to be a Christian, it would be interesting to hear them quote Jesus once in a while.
Old 19-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Master

good thing I don't claim to be christian then. that is ok they wouldn't have anything to do with me anyway...

"watch out that noone deceives you, for many will come in my name, claiming 'i am the messiah' and will deceive many."