Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
e-ma

Antidepressants and Spiritual Development

Hi Guys,

I was just reading in another thread about medication and antidepressants blocking up your energy system. That's really hit the spot for me because I'm going through a difficult period at the moment and don't really know what to do for the best.

I've recently started taking antidepressants and am soon to be starting anxiety medication too. It was a last resort, after almost a year of trying to heal myself naturally. It feels like such a relief to finally feel normal again - I can't describe how good it feels to have a normal day at work, without breaking down or crying or having surges of rage and frustration. I have started talking to people again, and thinking normal earth-bound thoughts.

However, the back of my mind is telling me that medication is wrong. It says that surely, if God has intended me to be depressed, then surely it is my job to sort out the problem and learn the lesson that was intended for me. I feel that medication could just be masking a deeper problem, that will eventually resurface, either sooner or later, or perhaps on another plain.

Obviously, I want to develop spiritually in this lifetime, and feel that the right thing to do is face my demons and evolve. If the taking of medication is just a temporary cover-up that is doing nothing more than having a cosmetic effect on my life, then I would consider stopping it and plunging back into hell. However, I can't help thinking if maybe my mental illness is just the same as a broken leg, and that medicine is a good thing.

A big factor in me taking the antidepressants was the effect I was having on my family. I was having a negative impact on everyone around me, kept screaming at my mum, and have said things that I have never even thought could come from my mind. It just kept getting worse, and further out of control.. so medication seemed right, to at least minimise the stress for those around me.

Many thanks for listening..