Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Master

white pegasus, amen brother!
Old 30-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Some things that Paul thought and said were not entirely wise though, like his condemnation of homosexuality and the voice of women. Jesus was inclusive, Paul was exclusive, I wonder what Jesus would have said to a gay man at the well??? I'd like to think he was beyond social conditioning and recognised a fellow human being who was equally valued in the eyes of God.

From Paul:
1 Corinthians 14:33-35:
As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
Romans 1:26-27

Epistle to the Romans 1:26–27:
“For this reason [viz. idolatry], God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
Old 23-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My experience is that it also happens suddenly but generally after a lot of groundwork and interior work has already been done. The trigger can come either from the "outside" or from the "inside" but ultimately that becomes irrelevant when distinctions of "inside" or "outside" dissolve in the initial glimpses of non-dual unitary consciousness.

This is exactly the same as it is in my experience. I often use this metaphor; it's like building a lighthouse in the dark. The final step is to turn on the light and everyone will remember the moment when the light goes on, because it's such a dramatic event, but a lot of background work was done to build the structure that houses the light.

I think that's the usual way. There seem to also be sudden, dramatic changes coming seemingly out of blue for some people, but I think those are the exception, not the rule.
Old 26-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with theophillus. Apostle Paul received the Holy Ghost Baptism from the Lord through the laying on of hands by Ananias. For this that have been baptised in the Holy Ghost, you will attest to the fact that He speaks to you, communicating and 'teaching you all things' (John 14:26). He will teach and converse with you about all manner of things and open you up to deep Wisdom. He is sometimes known as the Spirit of Revelation and Wisdom. But for one with an open mind and very little bias, coupled with the desire and Will to serve, the downflow of Wisdom and Revelation from the Spirit of GOD is vast!!!

I would like to believe that someone in your bible study group might have the baptism and communicate with the Holy Ghost...because He would clear all doubts and helps greatly in Bible study.
Old 27-11-2018, 12:00 AM
ImthatIm

I'm just thankful his words are inspired. The most excellent way is Love. Faith works through love. God is Love. The Love of Christ. Surely the Holy Spirit works in Love . The Light which Saul witnessed did not come without Love present. When your on your way to kill and Love hits you and says his name is Jesus you will question everything until you find the Grace through Faith. For the Grace of God transformed him, which he found through his (Paul) Faith which started when Jesus knocked him off his high horse and made him a believer and born again. I think Faith and belief are perfected in the Love of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
I'm just full of Joy we can read it,believe it and it builds our Faith.