Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 27-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Master
altars

In the pagan community, altars are an essential item to have. After all is said and done, the focus for magic work is on magical tools but what about the altar itself? It's a must have item because where else do we place our incense, candles, etc. and of course they're consecrated before we use them.

Now I haven't seen anything about consecrating altars which got me wondering. Years ago, when I began my new path, I didn't have time to do much research on everything that was going on as a lot of things were happening at a fast pace. Somewhere in this hectic period, I was guided to use a little table, one that would easily fit in my bedroom. Once I got it, I was led to consecrate it by my guides. I used energy so I let it flow throughout my body, but particularly into my hands, and let them move as directed by the energy thus cleansing the altar and charging it.

Has anyone cleansed and/or charged altars or even heard of such a thing?

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 29-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Master
I at one time practiced wicca for a period after I had begun my path of learning about shamanism.

I have heard of shamans directing power into certain items, for purposes of healing amongst other purposes, and what you have described you had done with your altar is very similar. Energy is a great way to consecrate an altar, smudging with sage is another technique.

The thing to remember with purifying, blessing and consecration rituals, is it isn't so much in the method, but more in the faith in what we are doing. Absolute faith that the table is consecrated, sacred, or blessed is what consecrates the table, or blesses.

Adding energy is a possible, and very viable technique. There is no reason it shouldn't work in Wicca as it does in Shamanistic Practices.

Energy is energy, no matter our personal preference for practice.

So to answer your question, I personally have never charged an altar with energy, am pleasantly surprised you had decided to do that. And yes your altar is now charged and cleansed according to your faith. Or as those who practice Wicca state with intent- so be it.

Blessings.
Old 30-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I at one time practiced wicca for a period after I had begun my path of learning about shamanism.

I have heard of shamans directing power into certain items, for purposes of healing amongst other purposes, and what you have described you had done with your altar is very similar. Energy is a great way to consecrate an altar, smudging with sage is another technique.

The thing to remember with purifying, blessing and consecration rituals, is it isn't so much in the method, but more in the faith in what we are doing. Absolute faith that the table is consecrated, sacred, or blessed is what consecrates the table, or blesses.

Adding energy is a possible, and very viable technique. There is no reason it shouldn't work in Wicca as it does in Shamanistic Practices.

Energy is energy, no matter our personal preference for practice.

So to answer your question, I personally have never charged an altar with energy, am pleasantly surprised you had decided to do that. And yes your altar is now charged and cleansed according to your faith. Or as those who practice Wicca state with intent- so be it.

Blessings.

I had to use energy due to an allergic reaction to smoke so smudging is not an option for me. I also can't use aromatic anything for the same reason. There are times I have to get creative when it comes to magical work, hence an energetically charged altar.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 29-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Lepus

Hello,

No I never heard of charging altars, but I assume deity and daily worship does that for you including magickal practice. I know your altars should always be clean. Your altar is where you pray and do magick. It's important to have your altars clean, because not only is it disrespectful to your deity it also reflects who you are as a person. Your life is connected to your altar, when you're practicing magick, you are spiritually, emotionally, and cosmically connected to your altar - it's part of you and it's where you go to give thanks through worship and to do magick, it's your workspace. Certain deities will be upset or angry if you remain your altars unclean and will affect your magickal results when doing magick and from what I've heard, you will feel drained and even sick.

Lepus
Old 30-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

No I never heard of charging altars, but I assume deity and daily worship does that for you including magickal practice. I know your altars should always be clean. Your altar is where you pray and do magick. It's important to have your altars clean, because not only is it disrespectful to your deity it also reflects who you are as a person. Your life is connected to your altar, when you're practicing magick, you are spiritually, emotionally, and cosmically connected to your altar - it's part of you and it's where you go to give thanks through worship and to do magick, it's your workspace. Certain deities will be upset or angry if you remain your altars unclean and will affect your magickal results when doing magick and from what I've heard, you will feel drained and even sick.

Lepus

I agree that a patron Deity and daily worship does charge an altar but I was guided by mine to charge and cleanse it first to prep it. I believe it makes an altar energetically stronger and more consistent. For now, my altar is quite cluttered but I'll have to clean it up for some new magical work I hope to start in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness there's no Deity mad at me.

If I need to cleanse it again, I can use a vortex I found near my house.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Ascender
I've maintained a shrine for many years now. It is on a shelf in the corner of my room.

For cleansing, simple tidiness works best for me. Sometimes just clearing the shelf and leaving the space empty for a day or two also works. Spring water and occasional votive offerings will help to keep the shrine active.
As for charging, I don't focus energy into the shrine as I used to, my interests have since shifted. However I couldn't be without it.

Also, I'm not psychic and so unable to see any iridescence that may occur due to increasing build up of energy. Although one time, when I first began using a shrine, I had an unwelcome visitor enter my home and was almost psychically aware of my shrine being drained of all it's energy. In other words, I wasn't aware of any energy build up until it was gone. It was a little upsetting, though now I think on it as like a kind of spiritual anti-virus - cosmic protection.

I also keep a goldfish bowl (without water), but have seashells and rose quartz, coral, and twigs, as a secondary shrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
If I need to cleanse it again, I can use a vortex I found near my house.
What is a vortex, and how do you recognize it as one?
Old 22-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I've maintained a shrine for many years now. It is on a shelf in the corner of my room.

For cleansing, simple tidiness works best for me. Sometimes just clearing the shelf and leaving the space empty for a day or two also works. Spring water and occasional votive offerings will help to keep the shrine active.
As for charging, I don't focus energy into the shrine as I used to, my interests have since shifted. However I couldn't be without it.

Also, I'm not psychic and so unable to see any iridescence that may occur due to increasing build up of energy. Although one time, when I first began using a shrine, I had an unwelcome visitor enter my home and was almost psychically aware of my shrine being drained of all it's energy. In other words, I wasn't aware of any energy build up until it was gone. It was a little upsetting, though now I think on it as like a kind of spiritual anti-virus - cosmic protection.

I also keep a goldfish bowl (without water), but have seashells and rose quartz, coral, and twigs, as a secondary shrine.

What is a vortex, and how do you recognize it as one?

Thank you for sharing your experience with your shrine.

Vortices are formed when two ley lines meet. I first became aware that ley lines were running through my house by the cats behaviour. They would act a certain way when something was happening that I couldn't see.

I finally used dowsing rods made from wire coat hangers and spent some time outside tracking down the ley lines. When I walked to the area where the vortex is, the dowsing rods moved to the side, one to the left and the other to the right. I then determined if the vortex swirled clockwise or counterclockwise. It swirled clockwise which means positive energy is in it.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Master
I have a little folding table that I put in the vortex for a couple of hours. It's now cleansed and charged so I can put tools, crystals, etc on it so they too can get cleansed and charged. Also, the table altar is ready for any spiritual work I want to do.

What's left is to find quiet time.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Lepus

Hello,

I honestly never heard of this vortex before until you mentioned it. Is it a rare phenomenon?

Lepus
Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

I honestly never heard of this vortex before until you mentioned it. Is it a rare phenomenon?

Lepus

If you want, you can try dowsing for ley lines. If you find two, track them to where they meet and that is a vortex. Ley lines are common and if you find one with a positive flow, you can use that instead of a vortex as those are rare. If you're in an energetically active area you might have a vortex worth looking for.

You won't know for sure if you have either of those unless you dowse for them.