Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 31-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has said this in this thread yet but I think I can help. Besides being a seeker of the spiritual I've also done a lot of reading on diet an exercise. I've noticed something with all the popular diet and exercise plans out there. Basically with all the back breaking exercise that some of these programs have you do you've got a good calorie deficit going on. So what really gives the people on these programs such great results is the calorie deficit. That's pretty much the formula for success.

So yeah, I can tell you with confidence weight loss is not about what type of food you put into your body, but how much food you put into your body. Heck if you wanted to you could eat nothing but cake as long as you stayed within a calorie deficit and you would lose weight lol. Would you feel that great eating nothing but cake? I highly doubt it but you could eat pretty much anything with a calorie deficit and still lose weight. There's a website called "myfitnesspal" that allows you to track your calories and exercise everyday. It's actually a cool site, I use it myself. Try it for a few months and see how it works for you. I mean what do you have to lose but the weight right?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 AM
CJ82Sky

i give up.

today after a lunch of veggies and hummus and a salad and a small handful of sweet potato fries (plain - was a special treat at work) i crashed as if i was coming down of a box of pixi stix.

im going to my dr. thurs am for bloodwork. i've doubled the amount of bladderwrak im taking, taking l-tyrosine 3x/day, eating healthy, exercising 3-5x a week (i mean i walked / jogged 4 MILES yesterday in under an hour). and i still can't function without 8-9h of sleep and even then as soon as i eat anything i crash shortly after. i haven't even had coffee - all tea. organic.

i am SO fed up and frustrated. i weighed less when i went to bars every other night, ate wings and fried food regularly, and NEVER exercised. at ALL other than riding my horses.

i'm more fit - i can feel it - not sore after even 1h20m in the gym on every machine possible pushing myself til i feel like im going to collapse. yet not sore the next day. yet i've lost NO weight - and i weigh more than i did 2-3 years ago when i was incredibly unhealthy.

and please don't tell me to cut out alcohol, sugar, wheat, or do some juice diet. i'm not looking for a quick fix to lose 10 pounds. i am and HAVE changed the way i eat, exercise, and live, all with no changes whatsoever.

my family on BOTH sides has a massive history of major thyroid issues. and you can't tell me that i go from no working out other than riding my horses, to changing my diet, jogging (which btw i haven't done since COLLEGE over a decade ago) mult days per week plus ab exercises PLUS riding more to the point that im not winded and not sore after at ALL - yet i weigh the same and still am tired all the time - you can't even tell me that is remotely normal.

if ANYONE has any isight to share or anything they can show me to help, please please let me know. i'd love if it was just a chakra out of whack or some energy field off, but i feel like something is majorly wrong :/
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Master
Maybe it is a thyroid problem. Have you had it checked?

I have the same problem. When I try to lose weight, it can take almost 2 months before I start losing. I gain it the same way. Eat badly for a week and a month later i gain the weight.
My metabolism is very slow as is my heart rate. Plus I am 53 so I understand my problems.
I hope you figure this out. I'm sure you will.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 AM
CJ82Sky

ive been doing this for almost 8 mos now.....so to see almost NO weight loss is def an issue. nevermind the energy issues.

and if it IS a thyroid problem, after 2 mos of thyroid supps (bladderwrack and l-tyrosine) why am i still seeing NO difference?!?!?!? im going to the dr. thurs for hopefully bloodwork. im just totally fed up and frustrated and mad.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Master
Bloodwork is the way to go. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 PM
CJ82Sky

Old 13-09-2012, 02:56 PM
CJ82Sky

hey everyone - so i just went to the dr. and she was really great. i've lost exactly 3 pounds in 6+ mos. she agreed something was definitely off. we discussed how much im working out and so on, and she made some suggestions to try to get my heart rate up even higher (160 - 180) when working out for now while we wait for the bloodwork since resting im 80-90 which she said was fine for my height/weight right now.

blood pressure was normal so that was good. body temp was low (which is typical of me) and she suggested increasing with a fiber supplement to also keep my body going and adding mult small snacks of fruit and veggies throughout the day. i'll try all that.

in the interim we're running a full chem panel, including thyroid, hashimoto's disease (thyroid related as well) and lymes, B and D vits, and full scan of bloodwork to be safe. results come back by next Wed.

i'll start the fiber today, and keep taking the vitamins im taking and go from there and see what the results are. fingers crossed! because oh yeah it's official - i've lost 3 pounds in 6 months - and the dr. feels i am muscularly fit, so agrees something is wrong that im not losing weight. hopefully we can get some answers soon. thanks all for listening and i'll be sure to update you!
Old 13-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
i give up.

today after a lunch of veggies and hummus and a salad and a small handful of sweet potato fries (plain - was a special treat at work) i crashed as if i was coming down of a box of pixi stix.

im going to my dr. thurs am for bloodwork. i've doubled the amount of bladderwrak im taking, taking l-tyrosine 3x/day, eating healthy, exercising 3-5x a week (i mean i walked / jogged 4 MILES yesterday in under an hour). and i still can't function without 8-9h of sleep and even then as soon as i eat anything i crash shortly after. i haven't even had coffee - all tea. organic.

i am SO fed up and frustrated. i weighed less when i went to bars every other night, ate wings and fried food regularly, and NEVER exercised. at ALL other than riding my horses.

i'm more fit - i can feel it - not sore after even 1h20m in the gym on every machine possible pushing myself til i feel like im going to collapse. yet not sore the next day. yet i've lost NO weight - and i weigh more than i did 2-3 years ago when i was incredibly unhealthy.

and please don't tell me to cut out alcohol, sugar, wheat, or do some juice diet. i'm not looking for a quick fix to lose 10 pounds. i am and HAVE changed the way i eat, exercise, and live, all with no changes whatsoever.

my family on BOTH sides has a massive history of major thyroid issues. and you can't tell me that i go from no working out other than riding my horses, to changing my diet, jogging (which btw i haven't done since COLLEGE over a decade ago) mult days per week plus ab exercises PLUS riding more to the point that im not winded and not sore after at ALL - yet i weigh the same and still am tired all the time - you can't even tell me that is remotely normal.

if ANYONE has any isight to share or anything they can show me to help, please please let me know. i'd love if it was just a chakra out of whack or some energy field off, but i feel like something is majorly wrong :/

I recommend getting on a free weight routine. Machines restrict your natural form too much and don't engage stabilizers. Stick to compound movements such as presses (shoulder and chest), pullups, rows, squats, and lunges. It also couldn't hurt to do some interval training.

Other than that, don't get too caught up in the numbers on the scale. If you're gaining weight or staying the same it's probably because you've gained some muscle in the process. See how your clothing fits you, or better yet, have your body fat tested. This should give you an accurate metric of your gains/losses.

I'm always willing to help. Just let me know.

EDIT: Saw that you've lost some weight in your last post. Good job. Stick with it.
Old 13-09-2012, 11:49 PM
CJ82Sky

thanks for the feedback! yeah i do try to mix it up and i do a ton of horseback riding as well as jogging and working with a kettlebell and smaller weights (limited due to knee issues).

went to the dr. and the whole 3 pounds is nothing...BUT on a good note i think it's from the past few weeks where i changed my supps. fingers crossed the bloodwork sheds some more light on things. :)
Old 14-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
hey everyone - so i just went to the dr. and she was really great. i've lost exactly 3 pounds in 6+ mos. she agreed something was definitely off. we discussed how much im working out and so on, and she made some suggestions to try to get my heart rate up even higher (160 - 180) when working out for now while we wait for the bloodwork since resting im 80-90 which she said was fine for my height/weight right now.

blood pressure was normal so that was good. body temp was low (which is typical of me) and she suggested increasing with a fiber supplement to also keep my body going and adding mult small snacks of fruit and veggies throughout the day. i'll try all that.

in the interim we're running a full chem panel, including thyroid, hashimoto's disease (thyroid related as well) and lymes, B and D vits, and full scan of bloodwork to be safe. results come back by next Wed.

i'll start the fiber today, and keep taking the vitamins im taking and go from there and see what the results are. fingers crossed! because oh yeah it's official - i've lost 3 pounds in 6 months - and the dr. feels i am muscularly fit, so agrees something is wrong that im not losing weight. hopefully we can get some answers soon. thanks all for listening and i'll be sure to update you!

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to hearing the results.