Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Master

I still call it a curse, when I don't want to do something but am forced to do it anyway.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I still call it a curse, when I don't want to do something but am forced to do it anyway.

A curse is when others place a negative intention/result/action on a person/soul/soul connection - without a consent and agreement by those who are affected by the "curse"

However,
a soul contract/agreement between two or more souls involves a consent and agreement between those who are affected by its intention/result/action.

So, a soul contract/agreement between two souls can not be a curse.

Is it a blessing? it depends on how you perceive it.
Obviously, they would not have made an agreement if there is not a greater benefit to both of them in a bigger picture. - Even it is difficult to understand from our human minds.
Hence, one has to understand why they agreed – its reason/intention/origin for its placement. – without human needs, emotions, and perceptions.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Master

As far as curses, my reading is that God placed curses early on (it is in the bible plain to see). From what I can see the whole twin flame thing is part of the curse on females... always desiring the other but never any real resolution for that. Only thing one is ever able to do is rationalize their current (disliked) position as somehow 'good' in a blithe attempt to avoid the pain. So yeah it was part of what was done to affect people negatively and without their consent.

not that it really matters at this point, just having a conversation lol!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
As far as curses, my reading is that God placed curses early on (it is in the bible plain to see). !

We have a very different spiritual perception on this subject matter.
I disregard any human created religious context. - as this is not about the creation of humans.

Here is my view.
The universe exists with our souls in it.
Souls beyond our physical dimensions created an agreement between them. Nothing to do with the origin of the universe.

Last edited by Ziusudra : 01-07-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:50 AM
Master

well such is very nice when things are going one's way... but when one is stuck in a quagmire and literally nothing ever goes the way one would like, one gets a little more pessimistic...
Old 02-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Lorelyen

I'm always ready to stand corrected.
I find it difficult to believe that when souls are created (or implanted into someone in embryo) they come tied to other souls likewise. This supposes that individuals aren't, as they're under contractual obligation to at least one other being when born.

The Vodou belief that I partly subscribe to has the soul is divided into two merging parts - that of the cosmos shared by all (the gros bon ange) and the individual (ti bon ange) so the shared part is common to all though I suppose its nuances affect people differently. But it would never suppose a contractual umbilical between individual souls.

I suppose my revulsion to the soul contract idea is that we all find a spiritual path that's uniquely our own (no matter how 'spiritual' or not people think they are) and we develop along it. Then in crashes someone with an obligation 'to teach us important lessons'. Or - another possibility - that we start life sharing a soul and are inevitably hampered by unawareness of how we could usefully progress.

Of course we learn important lessons all the time but we should be under no relationship obligations to someone declaring they're the other holder of the indenture. At least, not without sound evidence. To me, talk or good carnal encounters don't count. It could seriously upset someone's progress along their way, as it seems to have with InquiringMind - unless dealing with his current situation is the important lesson he has to learn.

I could be wrong but the soul contract idea while comforting to some, seems another of those ideas that's questionable.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm always ready to stand corrected.
I find it difficult to believe that when souls are created (or implanted into someone in embryo) they come tied to other souls likewise. This supposes that individuals aren't, as they're under contractual obligation to at least one other being when born.

The Vodou belief that I partly subscribe to has the soul is divided into two merging parts - that of the cosmos shared by all (the gros bon ange) and the individual (ti bon ange) so the shared part is common to all though I suppose its nuances affect people differently. But it would never suppose a contractual umbilical between individual souls.

I suppose my revulsion to the soul contract idea is that we all find a spiritual path that's uniquely our own (no matter how 'spiritual' or not people think they are) and we develop along it. Then in crashes someone with an obligation 'to teach us important lessons'. Or - another possibility - that we start life sharing a soul and are inevitably hampered by unawareness of how we could usefully progress.

Of course we learn important lessons all the time but we should be under no relationship obligations to someone declaring they're the other holder of the indenture. At least, not without sound evidence. To me, talk or good carnal encounters don't count. It could seriously upset someone's progress along their way, as it seems to have with InquiringMind - unless dealing with his current situation is the important lesson he has to learn.

I could be wrong but the soul contract idea while comforting to some, seems another of those ideas that's questionable.
I think it only feels creepy and as if robbed of free choice when you're thinking too 3D?
Now I'm not saying I like the word 'soul contract', I believe the OP started using it in this thread. I usually say agreement or agree to help etc.
I also don't know if these agreements are set in stone. Does anyone know, I wonder.

What I do know is that whatever has been agreed upon, it is you yourself who did that. Only a small part of your entire being is here, incarnated in a physical body. Meaning that what you know and understand is also very limited, only a small part of what you as a Soul -the whole being- knows and understands.
Logical, as when you'd have the whole picture, the full understanding and knowledge, there'd be no point in incarnating at all. The point is to get Veils of Amnesia (I believe 7) so you do not remember everything, including past lives, so you're a clean slate, free to experience new and different things.
But whatever was agreed upon for this life before you incarnated, YOU agreed with that too. You chose this life and the things you wanted experience, including people who could offer you this. Like your parents to begin with. They too agreed to this of course. So that's another example of Soul agreements: between you and your parents and siblings.

Now I have wondered about there being 'contingency plans'. I've never read about it, but I began thinking about that after I'd had a relationship with a narcissist. Now this happens a lot these days, people getting involved with a narcissist.
I doubt I chose that horrible experience. I do know in my case it helped me get on my path, back on track. So I'm thinking that if you as a Soul decided you really wanted to experience X but then after incarnation kept avoiding it out of fear, lack of self-esteem or whatnot, you get someone come in to make sure you learn it. As that's what you really wanted. And then the narcissist appears. A narcissist being so intense that you will either have to learn the lesson or 'drown'.

BUt maybe I'm wrong and that was agreed upon all along. But somehow I do not think so. i think he was like a contingency plan.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Ascender

I look at it more like we have different possibilities that can happen, and what does happen depends on our decisions. Those possibilities are the lessons we set up prior, but based on our decisions, there are many possible ways things can go.

I'm skeptical of any supposed contract that I have no memory of. Seems sketchy and shady to me. What I think is happening here, is that Earth is a school. Not only that, but it's like the last big test before graduation. The lessons being set up by our higher self (or part of us that is in the higher dimensions and has the full picture).
So the higher self sets these lessons up because it sees a greater purpose for us being here. It knows what we need to learn to advance. Our earth-self doesn't fully see the purpose, so from "our" perspective it just seems like we are living in a place full of suffering.

That all being said, I don't believe we have to live out anyone else's narrative and the ancient texts seem to be attempting to push certain narratives. Furthermore, the twin flame theory seems to cause prolonged suffering for many and seems to push certain negative agendas. I'm not convinced there isn't some negative influence at least partly behind it.

I don't believe in the other half of the soul or a split-soul. This seems to come mostly from ancient texts and I'm skeptical of the so-called "gods" who seems to be more along the lines of advanced ETs, inter-dimensional or other supernatural beings. Or maybe this is just something so advanced, we as humans are not even anywhere near there yet.
At any rate, I don't believe this is what I experienced. I do believe, however, that we have souls that are closely aligned with ours and that we have extended experiences (beyond this life) with. But this doesn't mean that we are "forced" to continue to interact with them in this life or that there is some external narrative that we "have to" live out.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it only feels creepy and as if robbed of free choice when you're thinking too 3D?
Now I'm not saying I like the word 'soul contract', I believe the OP started using it in this thread. I usually say agreement or agree to help etc.
I also don't know if these agreements are set in stone. Does anyone know, I wonder.

What I do know is that whatever has been agreed upon, it is you yourself who did that. Only a small part of your entire being is here, incarnated in a physical body. Meaning that what you know and understand is also very limited, only a small part of what you as a Soul -the whole being- knows and understands.
Logical, as when you'd have the whole picture, the full understanding and knowledge, there'd be no point in incarnating at all. The point is to get Veils of Amnesia (I believe 7) so you do not remember everything, including past lives, so you're a clean slate, free to experience new and different things.
But whatever was agreed upon for this life before you incarnated, YOU agreed with that too. You chose this life and the things you wanted experience, including people who could offer you this. Like your parents to begin with. They too agreed to this of course. So that's another example of Soul agreements: between you and your parents and siblings.

Now I have wondered about there being 'contingency plans'. I've never read about it, but I began thinking about that after I'd had a relationship with a narcissist. Now this happens a lot these days, people getting involved with a narcissist.
I doubt I chose that horrible experience. I do know in my case it helped me get on my path, back on track. So I'm thinking that if you as a Soul decided you really wanted to experience X but then after incarnation kept avoiding it out of fear, lack of self-esteem or whatnot, you get someone come in to make sure you learn it. As that's what you really wanted. And then the narcissist appears. A narcissist being so intense that you will either have to learn the lesson or 'drown'.

BUt maybe I'm wrong and that was agreed upon all along. But somehow I do not think so. i think he was like a contingency plan.
Always interested to read your wisdoms, FairyCrystal.
And in a way I can accept your ideas since humans are like most animals, social, and interact and form relationships on the mundane level, whereon there has to be some commitment at least for it to be a relationship. For this to happen successfully, souls are involved.

Unfortunately I know too little about this 3D v 5D stuff, have avoided it as I see it as metaphorical but have been more involved with the Qabalah that has a different way of 'categorising' our development.

So my scepticism is about the looseness with which these things can be bandied about - just like twin flames (which are no doubt valid in very rare cases) but abused often; veiled motives of which even the participants may not be fully aware come into play. Sometimes one person is fully aware but wishes to commit the other as if some superordinate force has demanded it.

Throughout my time several people of both genders have been instrumental in important lessons, bidirectionally I should add, but I wouldn't know if these resulted from any kind of contract. I have been pleased enough that the encounters have enriched (our respective) lives.

So when I read about someone waving an imaginary indenture about claiming a commitment based on.....on what? Some assumption because the idea is comforting? Because the 'chaser' wants to hold on to something for whatever motive? I shake my head sceptically. Were it true, there'd be no need for that and the exchange would take place anyway.

I understand your definition/description of the contingency arrangement though and that could be the case here.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
well such is very nice when things are going one's way... but when one is stuck in a quagmire and literally nothing ever goes the way one would like, one gets a little more pessimistic...

Hmm..
Here is my theory.
Every choice has its pro and con.
If you are placed back to the beginning when you met her for the first time in person during this physical life, you probably would make the same choice.
So, the outcome of the same choice is the fate.
I suspect that our fates are predetermined.
The same choice and same fate repeat the cycle.

The lesson may be about overcoming the reasons for the choices that we make. and try not to repeat the same choices.
It is not about changing the fate, as we can not change the fate.

How would you make a different choice for a different fate?
The different choice has its own pro and con.
The different fate may not be what you like neither.

Although this is not what you want or like, maybe you made that choice because this was the best outcome/fate.

Think about it.