Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Enlightener

Marijuana

Okay, I'm using my intuition on this, so bear with me.
When using marijuana you enhance the senses, and would thus experience a higher reality. Sight, sound, taste, sensation or touch,and the third eye.
eh?
When using marijuana you have a stronger bond with your body and can thus use this to do powerful meditations, I ask of you, is this beneficial?

Enlightener )\==
----------------------------&&&}>
Snoitatidem Lufrewop )/==

Last edited by Enlightener : 15-09-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 15-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Deactivated Account
hmmm i'd never recommend this as it is reputedly a trigger for paranoia, that said (as i posted elsewhere) many brilliant songs, writings and the like have been created/stimulated using it, i'm not anti -drug i just wouldn't use it whilst doing any sort of spiritual work, nor alcohol for that matter, if you wanna smoke weed give yourself a night off to do it, thats my advice any way and no i don't
Old 16-09-2006, 12:21 AM
tiltjlp

In my younger days I both drank heavily and smoked weed. While it did enhance my creativity up to a point, it always dulled my sense of reality, and my ability to meditate properly. I haven't done either for 30 years, and my life, both physically and spiritually, have been much better.

John
Old 16-09-2006, 06:05 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Okay, I'm using my intuition on this, so bear with me.
When using marijuana you enhance the senses, and would thus experience a higher reality. Sight, sound, taste, sensation or touch,and the third eye.
eh?
When using marijuana you have a stronger bond with your body and can thus use this to do powerful meditations, I ask of you, is this beneficial?

Enlightener )\==
----------------------------&&&}>
Snoitatidem Lufrewop )/==

Hi Enlightener,

Whilst this is a highly-interesting topic, I seem to remember already going over this with you and a few other members in the psychedelics thread so I am surprised you did not take any notice of that, lol.

Seriously, whilst I don't consider weed to be as much of an hardcore psychedelic such as ecstasy or acid, I am of the opinion that any drugs whatsoever will adversely affect a person's state of mind ( either short-term or/and long-term ) and consequently will have an unnatural effect on one's meditation and spirituality practices.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 16-09-2006, 09:06 AM
e-ma

My friend says that marijuana is the only thing that slows his racing thoughts down (he is usually quite a manic person). I'm sure that it has many medicinal purposes, but personally it makes me violently ill.. I had seizures and convulsions after experimenting with it when younger..
Old 16-09-2006, 01:38 PM
dreamer

I have consumed a lot of drugs and they never did me any harm (apart from the collapsed lung, ciroccis of the liver and some mild kidney damage) but much to my surprise I have found that I can simulate all the same effects with a bit of commitment to third eye, heart and crown chakra meditations which costs much less and gives a greater sense of achievement.
Old 16-09-2006, 09:41 PM
gentlewalker

Every book I've ever read about meditation says that marijuana does not enhance meditation practice. Besides, you would just forget what was gained.
Old 16-09-2006, 10:09 PM
BLAIR2BE

Color

I Believe Marijuana Is "good" For This: For Some (myself, At One Time) Marijuana Seemed To Clear The "fog" From My Mind And Alowd Me To Think Past All The Social Conditioning We All Endure From Birth Forward; To Think For Myself, Not From A Conditioned Point Of View. That Said, Smoking Every Day (or At Least Frequently) will Damage Short Term Memory. And usually Kill Ambition. To Each His Own Though. I Believe That Anyone Under The Age Of About 25 Is Not Mature Enough To Understand The Consequences Or Benefits Of This Decision (i Am Not Discriminating As I Am 24 Years Old).

- One Mans Opinion
Old 16-09-2006, 10:11 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
I Believe Marijuana Is "good" For This: For Some (myself, At One Time) Marijuana Seemed To Clear The "fog" From My Mind And Alowd Me To Think Past All The Social Conditioning We All Endure From Birth Forward; To Think For Myself, Not From A Conditioned Point Of View. That Said, Smoking Every Day (or At Least Frequently) will Damage Short Term Memory. And usually Kill Ambition. To Each His Own Though. I Believe That Anyone Under The Age Of About 25 Is Not Mature Enough To Understand The Consequences Or Benefits Of This Decision (i Am Not Discriminating As I Am 24 Years Old).

- One Mans Opinion

Hi BLAIR2BE, as much as I respect that belief of yours with regards to an age limit, I have to say that I feel age is immaterial with regards to issues like these. It is experience that counts!

Kundalini.
Old 16-09-2006, 10:21 PM
BLAIR2BE

You Are Right Kundalini. Experience Supercedes Age. In General Though, "experienced" Youth Are Still Imature (my Opinion)(for Lack Of Better Word). Not In All Cases, But In General. Age Would Be The Only Way To "regulate" (if Regulation Was An Issue).
But Yes Age Is A Terrible Variable, I Wish I Didnt Use It. But I Did...
Closed Thread