Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-01-2015, 04:17 PM
pljames

Spirituality has different meanings to diffent people.

It's interesting how a word takes on different meanings for different people. I am going to step back from the different meanings to study them. I have been born within a material realm and it's exceedingly hard to understand this new realm. I sense it and like the new me, but I am bewildered by why so late in my life this comes to bare on me.

I am sure there is some answer some where. Curious Paul
Old 18-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pljames
It's interesting how a word takes on different meanings for different people. I am going to step back from the different meanings to study them. I have been born within a material realm and it's exceedingly hard to understand this new realm. I sense it and like the new me, but I am bewildered by why so late in my life this comes to bare on me.

Hi, pljames,

Could it be that one may reach a point in life in which things one has come across in life suddenly start to fall in place or is ready to explore those aspects.

In my twenties came across many things, hermetic, herbs, crystals, and some "spiritual" teachings. Some of it was just being curious, while other things seem to have stuck with me. It was through the years that a deeper understanding came and continues to come along.

Will admit some things still give me wonder and some things just simply put aside.

The interesting thing I have found that some things I have put aside, seem to come back to me.

Understanding how this all works seems to go along with living life. Like my sigi says Life is the spiritual journey.

Sometimes it is what resonates, sometimes what I make of it, and most times it is being open to what has, is, and my come along and doing the best to incorporate these into my life.

Use what serves and place aside what doesn't. This for me has and does take time to sort out and seem to change with the passing of time.
Old 23-01-2015, 11:19 PM
pljames

Question, are we a spirit having a material experience or vice versa?

Both these question are related in some form. At first I knew nothing about the spiritual side just my emotions and my material side. Now I have a spiritual side and my so-called material life has changed drastically. I am drawn to my new spiritual side and less to my material side. I summarize I am a material human being having a spiritual encounter,which I like very much. Now it seems I care for others more than I did when I was totally material.

I do not think at this time in my life that I will be called to "preach the gospel", but tell others what happened to me, if they ask. Strange how change comes about. Paul
Old 25-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljames

What does spirituality, spiritual realm and your spiritual side mean to you?
Old 26-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Master

I find this post interesting, it's always been said this way. Do we want to use people, us, the person, the one who tries to find what it all means. I don't know if this is a form of escapism. Sure there are a couple different meanings. Certainly spirituality has different meanings to different teachers.

I don't see much difference at all at the level of formal teachers. I base this on what I see and hear. Here I'm talking about tv which seem pretty standard. I spend a portion of my time every day listening (Religion channel). I enjoy listening. Also my teaching throughout my own life. I mean do you think this is a new message. Here I think teachers in realation to one another are trying to get the same message out. Yes or no, or is this an illusion? I remember being taught in a group of about 30 students and every person received the same message. Group after group after group always got the same information. I think spirituality doesn't have a different meaning to teachers and what I hear us say is people can be saying teachers then don't really understand what they teach.

What we have to remember, people are not teachers.

Last edited by lemex : 26-01-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 26-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Lorelyen

You have your imagination, your dreams - these are yours uniquely. You can value them, learn from them, create. All part of your spirituality.