Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-12-2013, 05:20 AM
AquarianPhoenix84

Sudden death

Hi,
I lost my grandmother two days ago. It was a strange a sudden death. She was healthy and happy, but she just, departed Prior to that, she was fine. This has become a shock to all of us.

I am stunned. I know we don't understand as humans the time to go and as a human im so scared because I don't understand how someone can be here one day and gone the next. She was perfectly fine...
Old 30-12-2013, 05:21 AM
AquarianPhoenix84

I just need words of wisdom, comfort, etc. Thank you all.
Old 30-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Seeker

I can relate to where you're coming from since I had a grandson pass unexpectedly and more recently my mother who was under hospice care.

It's jarring when a family member passes without any kind of warning. It makes us realize how fragile life really is. It feels like an injustice - that it's not right. My condolences (sp) on the loss of your grandmother. Perhaps she'll visit you in your dreams or make her presence known to you in some other way so you'll know she's ok.

I was devastated when my grandson died in an accidental drowning. He let us know that he was ok in so many ways though. Even so, we miss him and that empty place will never be filled by anyone or anything else.

With my Mom, I knew she only had a short time left but it still didn't take away the shock and grief when it actually happened ...

V
Old 30-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Ecthalion

I don't know what to say. My dad died suddenly, 26 years ago. It was a huge shock and it messed me up for the next 10 years. As I've gotten older I've grown to accept what happened. None of us can know when we will be called. I firmly believe that there is no suffering after death, only us who are left behind suffer. But be happy for your grandmother. She has moved on to a better place.
Hugs to you.
Old 30-12-2013, 07:08 AM
primrose

I can only repeat what's already been said, take comfort in knowing that she will understand that it was her time, she will feel the love of those she's left behind. I too send you a Hug.
Old 30-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Master

I am so sorry for your loss. The passing of someone you love really rocks your world and leaves many questions or great confusion.

It's a time to be very kind with yourself as you grieve. And grief throws up a lot of emotions which are often very very strong and that's ok. It is likely your grandma is very near to you at the moment, so talk to her as much or as little as you like, she will understand you more than you ever could imagine and her love will be becoming so very pure.
Old 30-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Administrator
To loose anyone close is hard it was a good way for yout grandmother to go ,i have had many family members go the same way,its the shock of the passing thats the hardest thing to take in,one minute they are there the next they have gone,it goes to show how life can have its own agenda.grieve for your grandmother be kind to yourself, but remember she hasnt gone far away,speak to her as you once did she can hear you.

Namaste
Old 30-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Master
My condolences. Any kind of death is hard especially those that go suddenly. I remember when my children's karate classmate siblings lost their mother suddenly from an aneurysm. And also an aunt and 2 uncles who died really young leaving behind their kids. Recently I lost my mother in law to cancer. She had less than 3 months to live after her diagnosis. It's always a shock but even more so when they suddenly pass on.

My uncle said to me prior to his death, live life, cherish life, enjoy life to the fullest, and have no regrets, because we don't know when we will be called home.

I am still in shock that my mother in law is gone. It really is hard to believe that she was here just recently. But it comforts me that she had visited one of my children. They are still around us and visit when we are open to them.
Old 30-12-2013, 09:27 PM
billweatherford

truth

a lot of you wont like what im going to say,but i feel led to say it.my wife was 50 when she died.i took care of her for a year at home and watched her take her last breath.that was 3 years ago and i loved her so much.we had a deal,that when she died she would let me know the truth and she never did.the reason it is so hard on us,is because we are self centerd,when she died,i cryed like a baby,but i wasnt crying for her,i was for me,because i would miss her.my sponsor has taught me to look at the real truth.jesus said let the deed take care of the deed.if you love some one ,show them while ther here,dont try to after there gone
Old 31-12-2013, 01:41 AM
livingkarma

My Condolenses ...
I am so sorry for you loss ...

If you are experiencing physical shock, you will need to keep yourself warm by wrapping yourself in a blanket, drinking hot beverages &/or wearing warm clothing or a winter robe ...
The cold feeling of shock is different from being outdoors in frigid temperature; it has a strangeness to it ...
It involves unexplained shakiness or trembling, queashy stomach, anxiety, difficulty sleepling, etc ...
Shock, in general, can last as long as 6 months or a much shorter time ...

My husband was killed instantly in a car collision; his head was crushed. A few hours prior to that we were enjoying a family luncheon. I was not able to do any grief work till the shock wore off ...
I began w/reading "Journey of Souls" & "Destiny of Souls" by Michael Newton including "Hello from Heaven" by Judy & Bill Guggenheim ...
They were a tremendous help, I read each of them daily for over 2yrs till I reached the answers I was looking for as well as each my mind, body & soul accepted them as life sustaining truths ...
The mention of these books could be a starting point if you choose them, otherwise, I suugest you explore other books on the afterlife ...
My husband came to me in an ADC (after death communication) at the exact time of his death ...
It did not relieve my grief, however, it lead me back to work on my Jungian faith to find my answers as well as strengthen it by engaging in serious in-depth study of synchronicity, past life, afterlife & ADCs ...
Not everyone is receptive to telepathic ADCs or have the intuitive ability to recognize signs from loved ones ...
Desperation creates chaos that can block reception ...
Never feel you are doing something wrong or feel badly that you are not getting signs or any type of communication ...
Work on developing your intuition ...

Grief/loss of a loved one is a personal journey for which only you can find the answers for ...
Your answers will be what you will draw upon/recall whenever you need comfort from your loss - they will remain w/you your entire life & will be needed for each death you experience ...
Please do consider a grief support group such as Grief Share (check their website); many churches have their own ...
Sudden deaths are the most difficult to come to terms with as well as recover from ...

Hope this helps ...
Take care ...