Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Master
Temptation from dark forces

When it knows you are on the path of light it will throw many temptations your way.
It will attempt to trap you by making you choose comfort, respect and power above the light.
One of the last plays it will make is to make you believe that you are a special being, that because of your spiritual gains you are deserving, and that you should feel a great sense of pride. It will continue to use this method until you show absolutely no interest in power, comfort or respect; until the very thought of any of it holds no meaning.
Old 26-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Lorelyen

But you do have the choice. You are special being anyway. It could be a benign entity tries to persuade you that you are one hence the need to question if you're in doubt. This sometimes happens to people who try to deny their shadow side - it remains an unknown, lurking there waiting for them to slip....

Old 26-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Master

I see temptation nothing more then lesson, unless you believe it is somehow permanent then this is an issue.
Old 26-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Master
At one point in my Journey, in a section I call the Hall of Mirrors, I made the discovery that I needed no external Tempter what so ever. That inside my mind was everything needed to delude me, tempt me, confuse me, sway me, scare me, get me to feel prideful, arrogant and on and on... it was a pretty incredible list really.
I met the 'Devil" and it was me! My mind was capable of any machinations -even impersonating the Higher Self! The Hall of Mirrors was the most intense labyrinth in a maze I've ever had the shock to explore. Equally shocking was the discovery I was not the mind, but some other thing which could observe it, watch it, catch it mind sentence and stop the thoughts.
I need no outside 'tempter' the one inside keeps me endlessly running herd on it!

The human mind is the Dragon which can not be slain, only leashed and it struggles against the tether of No Thought with all it's might, while throwing up every distraction it can to keep one from noticing it is in fact the mind causing all the raucous and pretending to be the totality of the Self. Outside influence is a lovely thought temptation it likes to throw up, for we don't look within for the culprit when we are looking without for an explanation.

Tricky things these brains we have!
Old 26-01-2015, 10:52 PM
TesseLated

^lol...makes me think of monkey mind, monkey mind....It's wild
Old 27-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
At one point in my Journey, in a section I call the Hall of Mirrors, I made the discovery that I needed no external Tempter what so ever. That inside my mind was everything needed to delude me, tempt me, confuse me, sway me, scare me, get me to feel prideful, arrogant and on and on... it was a pretty incredible list really.
I met the 'Devil" and it was me! My mind was capable of any machinations -even impersonating the Higher Self! The Hall of Mirrors was the most intense labyrinth in a maze I've ever had the shock to explore. Equally shocking was the discovery I was not the mind, but some other thing which could observe it, watch it, catch it mind sentence and stop the thoughts.
I need no outside 'tempter' the one inside keeps me endlessly running herd on it!

The human mind is the Dragon which can not be slain, only leashed and it struggles against the tether of No Thought with all it's might, while throwing up every distraction it can to keep one from noticing it is in fact the mind causing all the raucous and pretending to be the totality of the Self. Outside influence is a lovely thought temptation it likes to throw up, for we don't look within for the culprit when we are looking without for an explanation.

Tricky things these brains we have!

I know what you mean about your head/thoughts, it's only by daily observation that I maintain it.
Old 27-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Master
It's like trying to herd wild cats isn't it? LOL
Keeps me out of other trouble, I'll say that much for it. :)
Old 28-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Guide

OP is right bou this;

Quote:
One of the last plays it will make is to make you believe that you are a special being, that because of your spiritual gains you are deserving, and that you should feel a great sense of pride.

this is one of the last and most huge hurdle to overcome in my experience.

Not sure what u mean with respect. It all means what u chose to respect i guess.

Anything out of control inside u is not part of who u are. The socalled devil/dark powers are put inside ur mind by external powers that is not u.
The brain/mind is a tool that can easily be controlled by external powers if u r not aware of it.