Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-07-2011, 02:32 PM
lemmiwinks89

Is there a sign or any meaning in images of Baphomet ?

Hello fellow spirits.

When i meditate its common for images of baphomet to come into my head. I was taken to christian church when i was younger and had a big fear of him every since. I am no longer what you would call a christian by faith, i respect Jesus as a man just as i do Buddha and i wish to walk down the spiritual path they did to reach enlightenment. I have always had thoughts about the image of Baphomet and it confuses me from time to time. Are they just bad images which appear in my head or is there a deeper meaning behind it. I understand that Baphomet (goat head, human body) is depicted as evil by humans so i sometimes believe that there is a deeper meaning which is neither negative or positive but more of a message or sign ?

I feel as though i need to figure this out in order to further my meditation and development in my Kundalini and Chakras. If this is just mindless thoughts about these images or if there is something i need to know about them before i advance.

All advice and guidance will be appreciated,

Thankyou very much,
Lemmiwinks.
Old 17-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Medium_Laura

You pretty much summed it up in your post. You had a big fear of him when you were younger.

Even though you have moved away from the religion itself, this does not negate your fear. You have work on your own truths. If you don't fully follow Christianity, then maybe this is a fear of yours that by pulling away from it, "He" will get you.

I had to make my way through my fears when I left the religion. I discovered that it wasn't real. There is no evil being that is going to take me to hell. I also found there isn't a hell.

Find your truths and eliminate your fears.
Old 17-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmiwinks89
When i meditate its common for images of baphomet to come into my head. I was taken to christian church when i was younger and had a big fear of him every since. I am no longer what you would call a christian by faith, i respect Jesus as a man just as i do Buddha and i wish to walk down the spiritual path they did to reach enlightenment.
When someone knows the truth about God and rejects him he then opens himself up to being subject to spiritual deception.
Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:11,12 ESV

If you were taken to church regularly you must have learned that Jesus is more than a man to be respected on the same level as Buddha. Your present attitude toward him represents a rejection of the truth about him. Perhaps the visions are a warning from God that you are placing yourself under the influence of evil.

Old 18-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Time

Sounds more liek a rejection of being told what to believe in and a path of self discovory...

Keep up the good work!!
Old 18-07-2011, 01:55 AM
SerpentQueen

Baphomet is John the Baptist's head. It is considered a Holy Grail and played a key role for the Knights Templar. I do not think it is intended as evil, but encourage you to do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

The following are not my words, I'm cutting and pasting.. this should give you some terms to google (Green Man, Dionysus, gnosticism, holy grail, etc):

"John the Baptist, painted by Leonardo da Vinci, was an incarnation of the Green Man Dionysus. The Green Man is an earthly embodiment of the Divine Mind (Gnosis) and the Divine Power (the Force) of the Primal Dragon, as well as Guardian and Teacher of the Mysteries of his mother, the Goddess. John the Baptist's story begins when a lineage of Grand Masters who had incarnated the Divine Wisdom and Power of the Green Man came west to the Holy Land. These Masters were named Jnana, Yohanan or John, which are epithets of the Green Man meaning "He of Gnostic Wisdom and Power." Collectively known as the Johannites, these Masters came west as part of the Gnostic sect of Mandaeans which eventually merged with the Essenes to produce the sect of Nasoreans or Nazoreans, the Gnostic "Serpent Masters." John the Baptist was born into this sect and became a Johannite Grand Master. His successor was Jesus, John II, who in his turn passed the Grand Mastership to John the Divine and Mary Magdalene. It then moved down a line of Grand Masters named John unitl the First Crusade, when the ruling John at the time passed the Johannite lineage to the Knights Templar by making the first Templar Grand Master, Hughes de Payen, John #70 of this long lineage directly from John the Baptist. From then onwards the goal of the Knights Templar was to serve the lineage of Johns, including their Savior, John the Baptist, and live life as a reflection of their model Gnostic Warrior, St. George or Green George, the Green Man. Like their patron saint they set out to find, guard, and master the Dragon (the Divine Power or Holy Grail) and ultimately acquire its Divine Wisdom, Gnosis."
Old 18-07-2011, 02:32 AM
mattie

Move This Image Out Of Your Energies

‘Baphomet ... is an imagined pagan deity (i.e., a product of Christian folklore concerning pagans), revived in the 19th century as a figure of occultism and Satanism.’
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet In other words, disinformation by the Christians to scare others about the prior earth-based religions.

Appreciate Baphomet’s origin. It was made up to scare people. Not nice. Move past this archetypical image of demons. Organized religion has used the disinformation about demons being more powerful than us (NOT true) for 1000s of years to convince us to be fearful. We can toss out their old fear tactics as not relevant for us.

Medium Laura gives some excellent guidance about delving into your old fears. The things that got imprinted on our psyche when we were young can be very potent. Using your focused intent & intellect can get past this though. Have patience & persist. You WILL PREVAIL in moving past this fear.

Besides appreciating that these images were created thousands of years ago to manipulate us you can use a vetting command to tell them to scram. Whether these are imagined by you or stalled 4D jokers who are more than happy to impersonate the historical Baphomet to scare you this will be empowering & effective. Even if this is something that is imagined by you it has become a very real presence that you need to remove.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

Fear Deconstructed- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...009#post156009
Old 18-07-2011, 02:49 AM
mattie

Chastising & Condemning Tone POV About God

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
When someone knows the truth about God and rejects him he then opens himself up to being subject to spiritual deception. ...
Your present attitude toward him represents a rejection of the truth about him. Perhaps the visions are a warning from God that you are placing yourself under the influence of evil.

I couldn’t disagree more about every portion of the above statement, particularly the chastising tone of it. These images are NOT, NOT, NOT a ‘warning from God that you are placing yourself under the influence of evil.’

A major contradiction exists where this image is said to be both a ‘spiritual deception’ & ‘a warning from God.’ Hmmm????? Seems kind of hard to be both. Does this mean it is God deceiving us to punish us? Really regressive view of a judgmental God that even most of the Protestant televangeists in my religiously conservative Bible Belt part of the US have moved past in their public discourse.

The energies that are called God are neither male or female, having become fully merged many Ds before getting to this level of energy.
Old 18-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Time

The same thing was done with Baal (Bezlebub). Baal was the principle diety in that area for a long long time ( jezabel actualy still worshiped him). His "meaning" was different from place to place, but generaly speaking, he was a middle eastern version of Zeus ( not LIKE as in exactly, just in regards to his stature)..

Then the OT comes along, and paints Baal as the devil. They started to defame his name, and literaly made bezlebub an incarnation of the devil..... Just because it was a pagan tradition they sought to eliminate...

Sad IMO
Old 18-07-2011, 01:26 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmiwinks89
Hello fellow spirits.

When i meditate its common for images of baphomet to come into my head. I was taken to christian church when i was younger and had a big fear of him every since. I am no longer what you would call a christian by faith, i respect Jesus as a man just as i do Buddha and i wish to walk down the spiritual path they did to reach enlightenment. I have always had thoughts about the image of Baphomet and it confuses me from time to time. Are they just bad images which appear in my head or is there a deeper meaning behind it. I understand that Baphomet (goat head, human body) is depicted as evil by humans so i sometimes believe that there is a deeper meaning which is neither negative or positive but more of a message or sign ?

I feel as though i need to figure this out in order to further my meditation and development in my Kundalini and Chakras. If this is just mindless thoughts about these images or if there is something i need to know about them before i advance.

All advice and guidance will be appreciated,

Thankyou very much,
Lemmiwinks.

If I were you I would meditate on feeling. The less imagery you see the better off. I think meditations purpose is to be present in the moment. By bringing attention in body, it anchors you in the NOW. Meditating on the inner body, or the wonderful feelings of the life energy that keeps you alive is the best meditation. By the time you are done meditating you might be in a state of bliss. Or at least I do.
Old 18-07-2011, 03:39 PM
SerpentQueen

Coming back to this thread once again...

I don't think these are mindless thoughts at all. When you keep getting presented with certain images, I find it is helpful to follow them, like clues or breadcrumbs, with open mind, and see where they lead. (Hence why I am the Serpent ... it was images of Serpents that started me down the breadcrumb path).

I could explain in great detail what I discovered about Baphomet, but I think you will learn much more if you discover it on your own, through your own research and treasure hunt. I will say that your intuition is quite correct --- it's neither good nor evil. It's both, and that is the lesson to learn. It's about the two sides -- one that creates and the other that destroys. The fact you are seeing Baphomet instead of a different symbol is only because universe is speaking your familiar language of Christianity, since you were raised in it.

Okay... I'll give you a little more to go on to get you started.... here is a good link about the meaning of the goat:

http://www.theikga.org/goat_symbolism.html