Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 28-10-2010, 04:36 PM
cheeky_monkey

A question about worship

I'm quite interested in religion and would appreciate it if anyone of the Jewish faith or knowledgable about the subject could tell me about the wall which they worship? I've seen Jewish orthadox men hitting their heads against the wall and worshipping it. Has there been any miracles associated with the wall such as voices being heard from within etc?

I know it is a holy wall built during st davids time, or that is what I've read anyway, and I believe the wall is also sacred to muslims but am intrigued to hear from more knowledgable peeps what stories or experiences they have.

Any replies on the subject appreciated. Thank you
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
A Glass named Esther

The wall you are speaking of is called the Kotel, more commonly known as the Western Wall. The men you see are not worshiping the wall because Jews are to only worship G-d. The men (and women) are praying at the wall, quite often in sadness, because it is the last remnant of our Holy Temple (The Beit Hamikdash). It can be considered incredibly sad for us that there is no longer a Holy Temple and we remain living in exile.

The site of the Beit Hamikdash is still a holy site and yes, miracles have happened there from even before Temple times. The Beit Hamikdash is considered the center of the universe with regards the revelation of G-dliness in our world. It is the "dwelling place" of G-d. While the Holy Temple was standing, there were ten miracles that happened on a daily bases.

More information on the Temple Mount and miracles:

"Mount Moriah, according to Jewish tradition, is the place where many pivotal events in Jewish history took place. Traditionally, creation of the world began from the Foundation Stone at the peak of mountain. This is also where Adam, the first human, was created.

When Abraham was commanded to prepare his son Isaac for sacrifice, the father and son went up to “the place that G-d chooses” – Mount Moriah, and to its peak – the Foundation Stone – where the binding of Isaac took place.

Also Jacob’s dream with angels going up and down a ladder is linked to this mountain.

Later on, the Holy of Holies – the core and heart of the First and Second Temple - was built around the Foundation Stone."

More on the akediah (binding of Issac)

May the Beit Hamikdash be speedily rebuilt in our days.

-esther
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
cheeky_monkey

Thank you so much for your reply Esther. Wow I had no idea Jacob's ladder came from that area. It would be great to hear what sort of miracles occurred. I'm sorry that your people no longer have a temple, I didn't think they were still in exile though.

Also thank you for providing the links, i had no idea on the names etc. and I hope you will have a new temple too some day.

Thanks again

bestest wishes

cheeky
Old 16-11-2010, 06:12 PM
A Glass named Esther

Thank you

When the Temple is rebuilt, all righteous people are welcome to visit (not just Jews).