Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 28-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Master
My experience of trying to be with God

Without actually being Jewish I have been attempting to love God and be with him in a typically Jewish way. I avoided Christ and attempted to establish a relationship with God on my own. While it was partially successful it also led to many problems; such as paranoia and fear and the experience of the 'impossibility' of God.

My reality started to break down. Over and over again I would attempt to reach God and be with him, but it was like an impassable barrier was between us.

So slowly I decided to bring Jesus into the equation and my experience is that Jesus can reach God whereas I cannot. I'm just telling you of how it was for me. I'm now wondering if it is actually possible to reach God without Christ; as the New Testament implies.

It is not up to me to decide such matters, but I am very hesitant to leave Christ again and to try and reach God without Him. My experience speaks for itself to me. I'm putting this in the Jewish section because I feel it is relevant to the Jewish attempt to reunite with The Father.

Can it be done with Jesus?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:35 AM
somnium

Hey Honz,

I love Jesus' teachings, however I disliked hos teaching that said "only through me can God be reached'. So I set myself to reach God on my own as well, while still holding the teaching's of Jesus in my heart. I realized that God was all around me in everything and is watching everything I do, say, feel, and think. The more I thought about this awareness the more I began to see Him. I took the teaching 'Give glory and power to God' as meaning that I should invest power in God, and so I started thinking about the things that God can do, and every time I came up with something sure enough the result would manifest into my life. I gave God my greatest thoughts, My most ambitious powers, and perfection as best as I could conceive of it. When I wanted to learn something I asked God directly, knowing He was with me, and sure enough I would find the lessons I needed and asked for manifesting also. When I gave Love to Jesus and attention and intent to Jesus, I would see His workings in my Life as well. Many times I have received visions, and knowledge from both of them, and I love them both dearly.
Old 28-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Master
Wow, that sounds very encouraging. Thankyou.

Old 28-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Master
Hello Honza.

For me, God is my focus.
I prefer to keep it simple because I can easily get caught up with unnecessary things.
So my simple understanding is this: God is Truth and Love. Jesus is Faith.
All three, Truth, Love and Faith had very similar natures. They all work together.
Faith is not about me, but about Truth and Love (God).
Jesus provided a way to connect with God through Faith.
So, as Jesus connects with God, so do I, by Faith.
It is through Jesus (Faith) we reach God (Truth and Love). IMHO.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:54 PM
somnium

I like it because Jesus made it pretty clear to me that we too could be like Jesus. Maybe he was meaning that he was the way, because he was the bringer of people to that way, which he himself was given by God, being his father. So through him we can reach the place he was leading us to. Or maybe God had created this new path and made his Son the bringer. Jesus probably saw that all the people did not possess the awareness he had to teach them and so knew that they would not be able to reach this place without Jesus' teachings. I think Jesus can see into people's hearts and souls and so I believe in what he said. And besides he said You too can be like Me, and Do as I do.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My experience speaks for itself to me. I'm putting this in the Jewish section because I feel it is relevant to the Jewish attempt to reunite with The Father.

The what???

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 28-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO

The what???

B'shalom,

Peter

Go on then Peter; explain where I have misunderstood Judaism....

Old 28-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Can it be done withOUT Jesus?

The last sentence of my original post should have been this....

Old 28-04-2014, 10:50 PM
somnium

Maybe creation is everything, and creates everything, and needs every part of it to be complete. Omnipresent.
Old 29-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Go on then Peter; explain where I have misunderstood Judaism....

H-

So that we're on the same page, so I don't expend a lot of effort only to discover that what I think you said is not what you think you said, perhaps we would be better off by your explaining what you meant by "the Jewish effort to reunite with the Father" and how you came to that conclusion.

That way I can better shape a response.

B'shalom,

Peter