Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 12-02-2018, 04:31 AM
Lepus

Yellowstone Grizzly Bears could be Hunted

Hello

The increased number of grizzly bears have reached to 700+ in the wild. They were listed under 'threatened species' when their numbers were close to extinction nearly 136 back in 1975. Lifting the bears' protected status would allow hunters to kill grizzly bears.

Quote:
Grizzly bears in and around Yellowstone National Park will be stripped of Endangered Species Act safeguards this summer, U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke announced on Thursday in a move conservation groups vowed to challenge in court.

Hunters and ranchers, who make up a powerful political constituency in Western states, have strongly advocated removing grizzlies from the threatened species list, arguing the bears' growing numbers pose a threat to humans, livestock and big-game animals such as elk

Yellowstone Grizzly Bears to Lose Endangered Species Protection

Lepus
Old 12-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
I hope that the challenge is successful.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Master
Grizzly bear numbers are in fact starting to get out of hand....that's why they are removing endangered status and opening up limited hunting opportunities in Yellowstone..

Don't worry.... hunting opportunities for grizzlies will be tightly controlled and by permit only and for a limited number of bears....not just a general open season.

I also read that on public lands a hunting guide certified by the Bureau of Land management will be required to accompany permitted hunters...

So this is nothing to get concerned about and I doubt the challenge will succeed because culling excess numbers of an animal population as been excepted practice forever!

Some years ago I drew a permit for buffalo (bison) on Yellowstone when there numbers were out of control...it's an amazing place to go hunt on!!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!