Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
Thanks for the input all.

I was told I've been in this soul cycle (as I would describe it, since again, I believe we are ultimately ageless entities) for 12,000 years. Soul cycle = perhaps our soul evolves in stages, and during this stage, my soul has been reincarnating for 12,000 years now.

It makes me wonder if I've taken an exceptionally long time to learn my lessons, if that makes sense... I do believe I may ascend in the next one to two lifetimes (for no particular reason, just my opinion).

I don't believe there is any set way, which makes age irrelevant. Maybe it's because my soul isn't human. But reincarnation is a choice, it's not some cycle you have to complete. If you don't like it here then you go elsewhere. The goal isn't ascension or enlightenment. It's just experiencing duality, and that's it.

But most people think they dislike it here but really their soul likes it here. That's the only reason they keep coming back.
Old 14-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamextremes
I was told I've been in this soul cycle (as I would describe it, since again, I believe we are ultimately ageless entities) for 12,000 years. Soul cycle = perhaps our soul evolves in stages, and during this stage, my soul has been reincarnating for 12,000 years now.

It makes me wonder if I've taken an exceptionally long time to learn my lessons, if that makes sense... I do believe I may ascend in the next one to two lifetimes (for no particular reason, just my opinion).

That's about average for Earth incarnations. But only related to Earth, not actual "soul age" (because souls are eternal/infinite). It also only speaks to the approximate time of first Earth experience, not the number of actual incarnations. One might only have two Earth incarnations in that time...or hundreds or thousands.

I'm not sure what you mean by ascension. There are as many definitions and descriptions of it as there are people (well, almost). I believe that, in general, once we're done with Earth, we choose another location in the Universe where we are likely to experience something different, which adds to our growth and evolution. I'd say that's ascending.
Old 14-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Master
There is no average. I've been told that I am extremely new, perhaps 1-3 past lives. I only go as far back as 1800 or 1700s. Some souls go as far back as hundreds of lifetimes. It depends on how much time you need to evolve, learn, and remember. Not all souls have to incarnate or reincarnate for that matter. They may fulfill what they need to in one lifetime. We have been evolving as souls even before we ever became incarnated. Souls like mother Teresa, the Buddha, Ghandi, Martin Luther King were old souls, they had faced injustice and perhaps knew very well how it feels to be treated unfairly and or treated others badly and as karma they had a longing to do good in that lifetime. These are ascended, highly evolved souls. But then you have people like Hitler who was very old and misguided who took his destiny to horrific horizons. A lot of people in the mafia, governement corruption, and other unsavory groups have souls who have come back so many times because nothing spiritual can be found in them. They are in a sense "damned" I don't mean in a religious sense, I mean they constantly regress and regress instead of progress. And a lot of these people may even claim to believe in religious ideas and God but doesn't mean a
Damn thing.

Some souls never incarnate and remain with the Angels and Archangels and evovle that way but it takes much longer than incarnating. Or like Christ and The blessed Mother, and several Biblical figures -they only incarnated for a God ordained purpose.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:11 AM
azruss

To me, an old soul is the number of incarnations you have spent as a human on this plane. As stated by others, there are many of us who choose this physical existence as a platform that we recycle thousands of times. Others who come for a brief stay and move to other realities. I know of 3 or 4 people who have been here over 1000 lives. I put these in the old soul category. I have encountered one who has had 1500 incarnations as a human. I have also encountered many very young souls (3 to 15 incarnations).
Here is the catch: It is easy to try to explain old age as slow learning, quick turn around, more evolved, etc. I have never found a consistent reason for age. I do know that souls who come from non physical planes find our bodies cumbersome to work in and get anything done. I also know there are some who come for a brief time as a helper for some specific task.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:40 PM
AliceR71

I think if you are an old soul, you have progressed through all the young soul stages so it doesn't mean you have been a slow learner, just that you have learnt lots of stuff throughout lots of lives. It also means that you are towards the end of your incarnations on earth. If you are a very young soul, it means that you have not lived many lives or not learnt from previous ones, perhaps started incarnating only about 2-300 years ago.

What i have wondered is, are more souls being created all the time, or will the world soon be filled with lots of old souls and not many very young souls?
Old 30-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Carnelian72

I believe old souls are fairly rare compared to the rest of the population of Earth. If you're on a forum like this, seeking answers to questions, odds are you aren't a young soul.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:50 AM
Ascender

I'm guessing that I've probably had about 60 incarnations before? I don't really know. I like incarnating as a human and experiencing things in the human body. But the terrible part about incarnating here on Earth is that the money system that humans have created is literally destroying Earth and is destroying human lives. The money system makes me very sad because profits are put before the entire Earth environment and before human life. There is a much better system that humans need to adopt (a resource based economy).