Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Shabda]I have to say that that is YOUR interpretation of religions, and while I do not necessarily claim that none exists, you still own that interpretation. And none of that makes what he said untrue either. There is absolutely no reason that BOTH cannot be true at the same time. None. It is our interpretations of things that we believe that we understand and know that is limited and need to be broken apart so that a greater degree of truth can form in the old understanding's place.

Rumi spoke a great deal about that specifically too, plus the fact that no one can really say exactly what he did or did not mean by those words, because to know that you would need to ask him in person and receive an answer. All else is simply our own attempt to interpret in a way that we can understand. It is worth being able to discern between all of these. But that too is a process that few, if any, attain in a single step.

In any case I will completely agree that there is "more to the story." It is, in my opinion, always a worthy goal to set out trying to learn more about the entirety of such stories![/QUDa

I agree with this post.

People who espouse interfaith often say that all religions teach basically the same ethical principles.

Yet others point out various scriptures that seem to express otherwise, and they say that many of the followers of those religions embody the teachings which condone and encourage hatred and even violence.

A quote from the Dalai Lama is, 'Every major religion of the world has similar ideas of love and the same goal of benefiting humanity through spiritual practice.'

It may be a matter of one's deeper perspective. Some people, because of their own personal inclinations, stress the similarities among religions. That would be the esoteric interpretation. The exoteric interpretation emphasizes differences.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:01 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I think it is actually an extremely profound statement.

Found this one while looking at Rumi, I think you will like it.

“Love has no culture, boundaries, race and religion. It is pure and beautiful like early morning sunrise falling in a lake.”

Santosh Kalwar.

I love the sun.

I often use an analogy of the sun being like a physical representation of God/Love.

And yes I see culture, boundaries and race can get in the way of Divine Love as can religion.
Old 26-02-2019, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I think I agree.

Once a person experiences their creators Holy Love, one will see that they are designed to increase this Love inside themselves and radiate it out to all creation. Father, son, mother, daughter, stranger, neighbor, dog, cat and on and on. Because that is what Love does.

Someone once told me "Love has no religion".

So true!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, so that whosoever should believe..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-02-2019, 05:21 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, so that whosoever should believe..."

Old 27-02-2019, 04:58 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the spirit.

Old 14-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Experiencer
Ask yourselves this one question; if I wanted someone out of hell, how could it be done? Well, we know people are in hell because their sins have not been forgiven. They were not covered by Christ's sacrificial blood atonement.

If we look at both, the old and new testaments, we can see sin offerings being made for people other than ourselves.

Numbers 28:30. Include one male goat to make atonement for you.

Hebrews 5:3. This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people.

And if we look in the book of Maccabees, we can see atonement being made for those in the afterlife.

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

Today, in the Catholic Church, good works are being used as atonement for those who died in mortal sin.

I reiterate, "It is all the same for God to free prisoners in this world from their captives as it is for Christ to free prisoners from their captives in the spirit world."

Zechariah 9:11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

"And Christ will free prisoners in hell through you because of the blood of the covenant He has with you. This is a blessing bestowed upon us by our Lord."
Old 14-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Ask yourselves this one question; if I wanted someone out of hell, how could it be done? Well, we know people are in hell because their sins have not been forgiven. They were not covered by Christ's sacrificial blood atonement.

If we look at both, the old and new testaments, we can see sin offerings being made for people other than ourselves.

Numbers 28:30. Include one male goat to make atonement for you.

Hebrews 5:3. This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people.

And if we look in the book of Maccabees, we can see atonement being made for those in the afterlife.

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

Today, in the Catholic Church, good works are being used as atonement for those who died in mortal sin.

I reiterate, "It is all the same for God to free prisoners in this world from their captives as it is for Christ to free prisoners from their captives in the spirit world."

Zechariah 9:11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

"And Christ will free prisoners in hell through you because of the blood of the covenant He has with you. This is a blessing bestowed upon us by our Lord."

' Well, we know people are in hell because their sins have not been forgiven.'

Sorry but I don't know.
Old 22-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Experiencer
Here is an example of a military leader, not a priest, known as Judas offering up money for the atonement of sin. We can offer up our good works for the atonement of another's sin in the afterlife. Please read;

2 Maccabees 12:38-46. Expiation for the Dead. 38 Judas rallied his army and went to the city of Adullam. As the seventh day was approaching, they purified themselves according to custom and kept the sabbath there. 39 On the following day, since the task had now become urgent, Judas and his companions went to gather up the bodies of the fallen and bury them with their kindred in their ancestral tombs. 40 But under the tunic of each of the dead they found amulets sacred to the idols of Jamnia, which the law forbids the Jews to wear. So it was clear to all that this was why these men had fallen. 41 They all therefore praised the ways of the Lord, the just judge who brings to light the things that are hidden. 42 [a]Turning to supplication, they prayed that the sinful deed might be fully blotted out. The noble Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves free from sin, for they had seen with their own eyes what had happened because of the sin of those who had fallen. 43 He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection in mind; 44 for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. 46 Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be absolved from their sin.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Here is an example of a military leader, not a priest, known as Judas offering up money for the atonement of sin. We can offer up our good works for the atonement of another's sin in the afterlife.
Our good works cannot atone for sins, either our on or anyone else's. Only the blood of Jesus Christ atones for sin and we receive that atonement by our faith in him.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV
We do good works because our sins have been atoned for, not as a means of atoning for them. The passage you cited is part of the Apocrypha, which is not part of the inspired Bible.
Old 26-03-2019, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Our good works cannot atone for sins, either our on or anyone else's. Only the blood of Jesus Christ atones for sin and we receive that atonement by our faith in him.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV
We do good works because our sins have been atoned for, not as a means of atoning for them. The passage you cited is part of the Apocrypha, which is not part of the inspired Bible.

" We do good works because our sins have been atoned for "

I do ' good works ' automatically, as I love my fellow human beings/animals, sin doesn't come into it.