Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 10-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Master
essential oils and meditation

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone uses essential oil for meditation and what your experience is?

I have read somewhere you can put a drop of frankincense essential oil on the crown chakra so i will give that a try and tell me experience.
Old 15-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Master
I love lavender, it's my favorite has many properties and is very affordable. Rose is said to be wonderful but i never tried.
Google "essential oils vibrational frequency".
Old 15-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Master
Use of essential oils....

This is a part quote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi all

I have read somewhere you can put a drop of frankincense essential oil on the crown chakra so i will give that a try and tell me experience.

It's not recomended to apply undiluted essential oils directly on the skin... It can have undesirable results...

This recommendation, comes directly from the company who supply me with those sort of products...

Just mentioning the facts...

Robbie

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 17-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
I love lavender, it's my favorite has many properties and is very affordable. Rose is said to be wonderful but i never tried.
Google "essential oils vibrational frequency".

I love Rosemary, Frankincense and Clary sage

Thank you for the info :)
Old 17-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
This is a part quote...

It's not recomended to apply undiluted essential oils directly on the skin... It can have undesirable results...

This recommendation, comes directly from the company who supply me with those sort of products...

Just mentioning the facts...

Robbie

I have read that and will be careful and rather dilute them.

Thanks
Old 18-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Guide
I like mandrake root oil, wormwood oil and jasmine oil. (No particular reason.. But jasmine seems to immediately evoke a deeply serene and happy feeling, so it's nice to use.)
Old 20-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Experiencer

1-2 drops of essential oil in 5mls of carrier is a safe dilution.

I mostly use orange, rosemary, lemon, frankincense, clary sage, peppermint, vanilla, benzoin, jasmine and ylang ylang (not all together!). I like lavender, but have to be in the mood for smelling it. My least favourite is Rose, no qualms there though as it's extremely expensive to purchase unless it's pre-diluted.

My favourite for meditation is ylang ylang. It's very strong and flowery.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
. My least favourite is Rose...
Hi FruitLoop...I am not getting personal...in fact, don't answer me...
this is just an interesting thing....Do ya have a hard time with forgiving?
Cuz, boy do I know a lot about 'rose'....and not caring for it....even hating it.
(Not me.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
1-2 drops of essential oil in 5mls of carrier is a safe dilution.

I mostly use orange, rosemary, lemon, frankincense, clary sage, peppermint, vanilla, benzoin, jasmine and ylang ylang (not all together!). I like lavender, but have to be in the mood for smelling it. My least favourite is Rose, no qualms there though as it's extremely expensive to purchase unless it's pre-diluted.

My favourite for meditation is ylang ylang. It's very strong and flowery.

Thanks for the tip but how do you use it like on your skin?

I am going to but a drop or two on a cotton ball and keep it close next to me when i meditate and just smell it. Think i will start with ylang ylang and see what happens.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Master
Essential oils...

Pesonally, I use a dilution of 10 drops of essential oil to 100 ml of carrier oil... That suits me fine... But it might be advisable that when first using these oils (diluted of course) they are applied to a small patch of skin in a discrete place, to see if there are any unwanted skin irritation or other sensitization effects.....

I've also just come across some info, that pure coconut oil can be used as a carrier.. It's worth checking at the local pharmacy to see how the prices of the coconut oil stand against that of carrier oils sold along with essential oils... Never used anything else other than proper carrier oil as yet, but aim to do so some time in the future... Info on some of these matters, can be found: using Mr Google...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...