Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Knower

Cool website about Taoism...

Hey, just thought I'd let you guys know about a website about Taoism that I stumbled across a little while ago. It defines Taoism in such a way that makes it very appealing to me, and perhaps some of you too.

http://personaltao.com/

I'm not affiliated with this guy in any way, I'm just sharing.

Peace.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Dragonfhain

Wow, I really appreciate you sharing that. I also like the part, 'What is Taoism'. That was really good for a novice like me! Thank you.

~Blessed be
Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Knower

Hi, Dragonfhain, glad you're getting something out of the site, I found it really interesting too. I notice in your signature that you focus on Paganism/Wicca as your path...Do you practice Taoism as well, or is it just an interest for you? As of late, I've found Taoism to really be speaking to me, with its wise, free-flowing, elemental wisdom and its plethora of practices but, then again, many things do. Always interested to learn about peoples paths...

Peace.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Dragonfhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Hi, Dragonfhain, glad you're getting something out of the site, I found it really interesting too. I notice in your signature that you focus on Paganism/Wicca as your path...Do you practice Taoism as well, or is it just an interest for you? As of late, I've found Taoism to really be speaking to me, with its wise, free-flowing, elemental wisdom and its plethora of practices but, then again, many things do. Always interested to learn about peoples paths...

Peace.

I practice everything. It goes in a circle. But yes, I am currently learning Taoism over the last month. It is just that my main focus is Paganism and Wicca. I just enjoy learning everything. That is where Metaphysical comes in mind.

~Blessed be
Old 19-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Hey, just thought I'd let you guys know about a website about Taoism that I stumbled across a little while ago. It defines Taoism in such a way that makes it very appealing to me, and perhaps some of you too.

http://personaltao.com/

I'm not affiliated with this guy in any way, I'm just sharing.

Peace.

Many thanks for posting this link

I have found it to be a useful and instructive guide in defining Taoism ....... particularly the "what is Taoism" section ........ a very gentle and easy to follow insight, which resonated with me.

I have recently become interested in Taoism ........ believe it or not, I stumbled across it through the George Harrison song "The Inner Light" ......... the lyrics to which I find most compelling.

I understand it was based around the 47th chapter of the Tao Te Ching.

Finding this out prompted me to start reading the posts in this Forum, and I now find myself drawn here more.

I have now ordered a copy of the Tao Te Ching ....... the Jane English revised version ....... and look forward to studying it, and hopefully taking something from the experience which will be beneficial to my journey.

Thanks once again.

Simon.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for the link. It was very helpful.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 22-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Can taoism be referred to as 'cool'?
Old 14-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Knower

Can anything be referred to as anything?
Old 14-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Knower

Really though? Probably not. But at the same time, probably.

To pursue a path because of it's "cool" factor is probably not the way to go, but I did/do think this website is cool. I just talk that way, my black-beaked friend.

Peace.
Old 17-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Jenaxidai

Tks for sharing!

Thank you for shairng this useful link, dear friend, I had already found some nice posts to put on my website.