Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Ancestral

Meditating on the Chakra's

Chakra Seven:
Thought, Universal identity, oriented to self-knowledge
This is the crown chakra that relates to consciousness as pure awareness. It is our connection to the greater world beyond, to a timeless, spaceless place of all-knowing. When developed, this chakra brings us knowledge, wisdom, understanding, spiritual connection, and bliss.

Chakra Six:
Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection
This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture."

Chakra Five:
Sound, Creative identity, oriented to self-expression
This is the chakra located in the throat and is thus related to communication and creativity. Here we experience the world symbolically through vibration, such as the vibration of sound representing language.

Chakra Four:
Air, Social identity, oriented to self-acceptance
This chakra is called the heart chakra and is the middle chakra in a system of seven. It is related to love and is the integrator of opposites in the psyche: mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity. A healthy fourth chakra allows us to love deeply, feel compassion, have a deep sense of peace and centeredness

Old 13-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Ancestral

Meditating on the Chakra's continued.

Chakra Three:
Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition
This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

Chakra Two:
Water, Emotional identity, oriented to self-gratification
The second chakra, located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, is related to the element water, and to emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. Ideally this chakra brings us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, and the ability to accept change.

Chakra One:
Earth, Physical identity, oriented to self-preservation
Located at the base of the spine, this chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence.

Source: http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras.html

I meditate on my chakra's for cleansing and healing which I find give me a better meditation session. First I invision a white light going throw my crown pushing out the dark light at the bottom Chakra. The white is clensing and the dark is the negative energy that was built up in your body. I find this also give me more energy and does help to keep me healthy.

Last edited by Ancestral : 14-02-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 14-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Maarkandeya

Variations to Meditating on the Chakras

That's a nice post on the chakras, Ancestral. In your brief words, you have covered the subject nicely.

When doing chakra meditations in the past, I personally found it useful to concentrate on the breath as well as a mantra "riding the breath" as one "pierces the chakras". In addition, mentally visualizing the sense organ associated with a chakra or the working organ associated with a chakra or the element associated with the chakra (etc., etc., etc.) facilitates concentration and wards off distractions. The more occupied one keeps the mind, the less distracted one becomes. There are also purifying benefits associated with the various visualizations, as one gets "stuck" at certain chakras until one has effectively detached from all associations and experiences related to that chakra. Purification is not always an easy process.

Also, during chakra meditation, it can be illuminating to focus on the "descent" from the sahasrara to the muladhara and the inevitable "ascent" back to the sahasrara.

Chakra meditations have many aspects and were brilliantly conceived by the sages who presented them.
Old 14-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Ancestral

Thank you and for the information you added. That is most helpful but I was familiar with two words:sahasrara and muladhara. Would you please define them for me I love learning new words. Thank you.
Old 16-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Maarkandeya

Sahasrara (Crown) and Muladhara (Root/base) Chakras

Hi Ancestral,

The Sahasrara is the Sanksrit name for what you call the "crown" chakra (chakra seven in your write-up). Of course, your use of the term "crown chakra" is a completely acceptable alternative.

Similarly, the Muladhara is the Sanskrit name for the root or the base chakra (Chakra one in your write-up).

I am so used to the Sanskrit names that I used them without thinking that the terminology might not be familiar terminology for others. Your write-up was so well done that I incorrectly took it for granted that you were familiar with the standard Sanskrit names for the chakras.
Closed Thread