Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Master
A simple reality check is: how is the love said to be felt, manifested in action?
Old 29-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
When going about my day-to-day activities, awareness is focused on my immediate surroundings and what I need to do to optimise my existence without the discomfort that the flesh and mind of a person with multiple chemical sensitivities is constantly heir to.

In this way, my perceptual awareness is limited...confined, as it were to the general prioritising of conscious activity within a stylised spectrum of existence. Thoughts arise and fade, with myself being the ever present "observer", but when I am task oriented within the world, I am not in that blissful frame of mind... suffice to say, I have not attained Sahaja Samadhi yet.

When the mind is "taken out of itself" either by meditation or devotion to the God of my understanding, I experience a very pleasurable sensation which could be "love", but it is more along the lines of a sense of joy, happiness, deep satisfaction, awe, wonderment and humility all rolled into a single feeling...A single experience of my awareness being totally unlimited by contrast.

I often find myself smiling with tears rolling down my cheeks when my heart is touched by it..or I close my eyes and gently sway to a sublime vibration of this consciousness. I don't know if God is the source of this feeling or God IS the feeling, because I can't really go into it on the mental level whatsoever to find that out. All I know, is that when I lose myself in His Grace, being in the presence and direct awareness of Source Energy, I feel it...but then there's the whole "allowing" to be there, when I am not doing something like my weekly grocery shopping (for example).

lol I can definitely relate to your first paragraph, and thankfully some of the subsequent ones too though I couldn't (and I know shouldn't) compare myself to you. I guess that I have just experienced some fleeting moments of this special kind of love, and when you talked about tears rolling down your cheeks it reminded me of a couple times from my own life.. mostly while being outside, and I think while reading a book about divinity and the simplicity of surrender and such called The Door of Everything. or even while writing in a notebook myself and coming up with beautiful quotes about life and love or peace. then there have also been times that I got captivated by a flower or tree or the wind and Sun and so on.. but it can happen indoors with art or words of others too.

due to my sensitivity at least somewhat similar to yours (but I think I let my mind plague me too much mentally otherwise as well) I am too often consumed with less desirable thoughts and sentiment so I don't have clarity in this all encompassing love sense that often but I really do feel awe at the planet (I want to say the universe but I don't know it that well lol, though of course the stars are up there and speak along with the Moon and certainly the Sun) and creations of mankind and whatever. it's just so wonderful to gain peace and exuberance from mere thoughts and reflection on what is and what can be. I suppose that is what makes me a spiritual person even though I'm afraid I'm faking it at times. it just is what is and I'm grateful to be at least a little aware of it and I can call that love for sure
Old 30-11-2018, 05:09 AM
Ascender

Dear Unseeking Seeker.

Re your post 31.

Yesterday I visited several local charity shops where some of the staff are unpaid volunteers. On two such occasions other visitors/customers, people not previously known to me, helped me to get through the doors into the shops.

pete
Old 30-11-2018, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
lol I can definitely relate to your first paragraph, and thankfully some of the subsequent ones too though I couldn't (and I know shouldn't) compare myself to you. I guess that I have just experienced some fleeting moments of this special kind of love, and when you talked about tears rolling down your cheeks it reminded me of a couple times from my own life.. mostly while being outside, and I think while reading a book about divinity and the simplicity of surrender and such called The Door of Everything. or even while writing in a notebook myself and coming up with beautiful quotes about life and love or peace. then there have also been times that I got captivated by a flower or tree or the wind and Sun and so on.. but it can happen indoors with art or words of others too.

due to my sensitivity at least somewhat similar to yours (but I think I let my mind plague me too much mentally otherwise as well) I am too often consumed with less desirable thoughts and sentiment so I don't have clarity in this all encompassing love sense that often but I really do feel awe at the planet (I want to say the universe but I don't know it that well lol, though of course the stars are up there and speak along with the Moon and certainly the Sun) and creations of mankind and whatever. it's just so wonderful to gain peace and exuberance from mere thoughts and reflection on what is and what can be. I suppose that is what makes me a spiritual person even though I'm afraid I'm faking it at times. it just is what is and I'm grateful to be at least a little aware of it and I can call that love for sure
That was very beautiful to read. Thank you.

I must have a look for that book myself, as reading William James' "The Variety of Religious Experience" is getting to be like trying to plow through "War and Peace" ...I get distracted by anything and everything because it is so long!

As we start taking everything for granted, we lose the sense of awe and wonder we once had and everything seems to fade into "bleh" and "meh" and at times, "blehmeh"...The drudgery of existence at its finest hour.

Gratitude and appreciation goes totally out the window when one sunrise becomes the same as every other sunrise and all flowers start looking and smelling the same and we need something to rekindle the fire of spiritual passion...and when we continue pushing it all back into the obscure parts of the subconscious, the Dark Night of the Soul comes upon us once more and all that can be said is "I already thought I went through all that.. apparently not" *sigh*
Old 30-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Dear Unseeking Seeker.

Re your post 31.

Yesterday I visited several local charity shops where some of the staff are unpaid volunteers. On two such occasions other visitors/customers, people not previously known to me, helped me to get through the doors into the shops.

pete

Beautiful, isn’t it? Anonymous service, empathetic altruism, where the giver is grateful to the Universe for the opportunity, to disperse love unconditional!

Old 30-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Ascender

There is love not simply returned
From that which we have sent.
There is love which does not ask
What is thought we meant.
There is love which does not demand
That we should ever change.
Yet in such love
We are transformed.
Soft, strong love,
How strange.

X pete
Old 30-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Master
In being
To become
The fragrance
Energising
Love absolute
The self cannot be
For if it is
If self has not dissolved
In the oneness
Love yet is ...
But our consciousness
Is not love enabled
Flawlessly
As yet

Old 24-08-2020, 09:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I think I know what you mean.

My own experience of pure infinite love arose from an OBE I had many years ago. This particular experience I separated from my body much more rapidly than usual, virtually shooting up through the ceiling and into the night sky.

There are no 10 commandments or other rule book one could blindly follow.

Suffice it to say I too have felt pure infinite love, and from that experience I learned that I too must love for existence to be productive. I no longer feel separated from others, but know just how inseparable we all are, even in our individuality. That is our challenge, but it is also our freedom - if we use it wisely, with love.

Wonderful, meaningful experience. I appreciate you sharing this Kioma.

I do wonder why you say" Blindly follow" ? One does not have to " Blindly" follow anything. There are many writings which are wonderful and helpful to follow.

Thank you again for the time you put into sharing this with me (us).
Old 02-09-2020, 12:25 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I think I know what you mean.

My own experience of pure infinite love arose from an OBE I had many years ago. This particular experience I separated from my body much more rapidly than usual, virtually shooting up through the ceiling and into the night sky.

I arose quickly. Slowing to a stop I saw the entire earth from a great height, the atmosphere a thin film surrounding it, and then in my vision resolved all life swarming the surface, and entered an infinite moment where I was part of all of it and it was part of me.

There was tremendous energy in all the activity, all the living, dying, fighting, loving, all the busy-ness that is life on earth, and I saw how achingly divinely beautiful it all was, because I knew in that moment that it was all happening exactly as it was supposed to, saw with my third eye that at the center of it all was a source that created and animated all of it, perceived as a blindingly brilliant beacon shining everything just under the manifestation of everything, gave both existence and the canvas for the expression of that existence - and for the most part it was we that painted that expression. We, collectively, were free to do what we wanted, free to choose our own direction within the framework of the rest of the collective. It was up to us, both individually and collectively, to make of existence what we wanted, and I could feel the pure infinite bliss that source also radiated as existence unfolded.

You've heard the expression "If you love something, set it free"? That was pretty much what was going on. At the same time, there were so many dramas on so many levels it was immensely complex and dynamic. There was no single scheme or goal or agenda, it was all incredibly nuanced and individual - at the same time we were all in it together. If there was a single impetus I could point to I would have to say it was generally beneficial to increase awareness, to utilize intelligence to serve the soul, that the more aware one became the more 'god-like' one became, though even that could be a very crooked road, judging from what I was experiencing in the moment. There are no 10 commandments or other rule book one could blindly follow - if something was allowed, you could do it, and if it was not allowed you simply couldn't do it, the rules of which were coded into existence itself, with circumstance and situation so varied one often had much to consider in context for any particular decision.

It was just a moment, but there was so much packed into it and so much more I could say it just sort of blew my mind. It took me many years to digest that one experience. I still think of it often, and it was over 20 years ago.

There are many take-aways for me. In the context of 'pure infinite love' I think one of the best definitions is 'giving', as at the center of existence is a force, best described as pure infinite love, that perpetually creates and supports existence, so that we may experience life. It gives us everything.

Yes, we all come into this world unequally - but in that moment I saw what I have come to call a 'divine fairness' endowing us each with our lot in life. It happens for many reasons - some are from a spiritual agenda, some are from decisions others have made in life, some are a roll of the dice, etc, but it all fits together perfectly in the grand perspective. We all have our individual perspective, our individual expression, our individual strengths and weaknesses, our individual challenges and chances.

What else did I get out of it? Let me go down the list:

What is good and bad, and why be good to others? Supporting the highest expression of the greater collective seems a worthy goal, as we are all created with potential to be expressed I assume because pure infinite love feels we are worthy and wants our potential to be expressed. Conversely, impeding that expression is therefore 'bad'. If we were all to create harmony and work together, being what the source intended, I often wonder what would happen. I'm not sure - but after much deliberation I can state positively that it sure would beat the alternative.

Is there cosmic justice? Justice is a human invention. Karma only applies to certain levels of certain contexts. There is no hell or heaven that we do not ourselves create. As noted above, people are free to do what they want - hate, murder, torture, or love, support, expand each other. The effects can be very specific or very general, depending on the individual situation, but there is no 'cosmic comeuppance' automatically meted out, and to hope for one is no more than a wish for revenge. The real consequence is only in how we grow or diminish our own or the collective expression.

If we are all so loved, why do we suffer? We are all equally loved, even Hitler, for playing his part in the drama - but that doesn't mean we must apathetically acquiesce to whatever is acting on us. We too can do what we want. Such people as Hitler, and your more garden variety of psychopaths, should be constrained from diminishing the collective expression through whatever means are necessary. Most importantly, it is our freedom to fail that is the proof of our freedom, and our freedom that is the proof of being loved. Perhaps some people would wish for a universe where we can't make a wrong decision and can never be hurt, but that would effectively be a rubber-room universe. How could we grow in that? No, we must have the freedom to fail as well as the freedom to succeed - to only have one without the other is no freedom at all.

I could go on, but this is already far too long. Suffice it to say I too have felt pure infinite love, and from that experience I learned that I too must love for existence to be productive. I no longer feel separated from others, but know just how inseparable we all are, even in our individuality. That is our challenge, but it is also our freedom - if we use it wisely, with love.

Complete and utter applause.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Experiencer

Okie dokie. Are we ready to continue on this topic?