Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I am a Déanist

I want to share my faith. It is not very well known and it is fairly new (1970's I believe) but it is a result of the feminist and goddess movement.

It started with a small group called the Madrians in Oxford who worshipped God the Mother. There are now no living priestesses left but that original movement started the Filianic and Déanic traditions or what you could call denominations which are more modern.

The wider Madrianic/Filianic/Déanic faith believes in the Supreme God as Feminine, whether literally, or just as a way to relate to the Divine Feminine, there is no set way. It can be blended with other religions or practised as a solitary faith. For me personally I blend it with paganism and the worship of the goddesses as lesser deities or divine agents of the Goddess or Déa as we call Her.

Déa is the Latin word for God in the Feminine gender.

We believe that Déa is threefold, as Holy Daughter, Celestial Mother, and Absolute Deity. Again, your thealogical approach can be unique. Some see the threefold person of Déa as literal three separate persons, whilst others see them more as 'faces' or 'modes' of Her expression. I am part of the later (mostly).

We have our own wheel of the year and festivals and also our own Holy Scriptures called the Clear Recital which personally I think are beautiful and loving.

I wanted to share since not many know about it but I have learned to love it. It took me a while, a couple of years to sort of get it, but Déa kept speaking to my spirit through the Clear Recital and I couldn't ignore the call anymore. Since then I have joined the Déanic Ekklesia (an online church-like community) and have met so many amazing people. It is such a peaceful faith honestly, I have never met such peaceful people.

If you want to learn more the main resource is the site at Chapel of Our Mother God, though it is more from a Filianic and Eastern perspective. I personally consider myself more Western Déanic or Neo-Madrian where I focus mostly on Déa as Mother.

Please comment with your questions and thoughts if you want, I am happy to share more.
Old 24-12-2018, 03:23 AM
Pathfinder

sounds great, good for you!
Old 26-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Knower
Hi Aracelicianna
Iam very interested in listening more if you would like to send a private message Iam also from the uk
Old 26-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Newbie ;)

There are two different aspects in history, the Earth mother Gaeia, nurturing turning to Hera, oppressive and jealous. On the cosmic scale she is the energy of the universe. However energy without direction cannot perform creation.